• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Sea Feilong Circular Reasoning

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
The Sea Feilong is rated as having Large Building level durability for tanking hits from Su and Blake.

Sun is rated as Large Building level AP for being comparable to Blake.

Blake is rated Large Building level AP for... harming the Sea Feilong.

Additionally Sun's durability rating must come from scaling to his AP or being compared to Blake, but if this isn't true due to the aforementioned circular reasoning, then the Sea Feilong's Large Building level AP is questionable too because it gets it partially from being able to harm Sun.

Err, they haven't been on the 'same team' for two whole volumes. That's not good justification.

I don't think we should swap out bad justifications for more bad justifications.

Gargoyle One said:
Is there a reason why they're magically weaker?
When did I say anything about them getting weaker than their Vol. 1 - 3 selves?

If you're claiming that Blake and Sun are directly comparable to the current Ruby, then there must be some evidence of that in the show, right?

... Isn't them being comparable the reason for them be High 8-C?

If it is, then how are they comparable? That's a pretty simple question when looking at the reasoning behind stats; if Vol. 4/5 Blake is comparable to Vol. 4/5 Ruby, then why is that? Where are they stated to be comparable?

In a basic burden of proof, isn't the one making the claim supposed to be the one providing the evidence?

Yes.

High 8C is Volume 4-5, not volume 1-3 like you pointed out.

Because their is no reason they shouldn't be, throughout the entirety of the show they have definitively proven that they are physically equals, there's a lack of reason as to why that randomly changes for zero reason impose time skip

You made the claim actually....

When did I say anything about them getting weaker than their Vol. 1 - 3 selves?

This is what you said, we're not even discussing pre timeskip

Gargoyle One, you're misunderstanding what's going on here.

You made the claim that post-timeskip Blake is comparable to post-timeskip Ruby.

It is not up to me to disprove that, it is up to you to prove that. Saying "there's no reason why they shouldn't be" is not a reason.

I can quote you making the claim too:

"They're High 8C for being comparable to Ruby who one shots Nevermores post timeskip"

Gargoyle One said:
Yes.

High 8C is Volume 4-5, not volume 1-3 like you pointed out.

Because their is no reason they shouldn't be, throughout the entirety of the show they have definitively proven that they are physically equals, there's a lack of reason as to why that randomly changes for zero reason impose time skip
Retyping this since I just told you

Do I have to repeat this?:

It is not up to me to disprove that, it is up to you to prove that. Saying "there's no reason why they shouldn't be" is not a reason.

Weekly is actually giving reasons here while you are not.

No, Gargoyle. Saying "there is no reason not to" isn't justification for an upgrade.

If you're making a claim (and you are here, it was in your first post), then you need to prove it with actual evidence.

Okay, let's look at your other line:

" throughout the entirety of the show they have definitively proven that they are physically equals "

I am not disputing them being comparable in Vol. 1 - 3.

I am saying if you're going to assert that Post-Timeskip Blake is comparable to Post-Timeskip Ruby, you need some evidence. If it happened throughout the entirety of the show, then you should be able to prove this in Volume 4 and 5, right?

Not necessarily.

If a character is going to be weaker then the cast, the show emphasizes on this and shows them beinginferior.

If there's evidence of them being comparable before, you don't need to show them being comparable again unless there's explicit evidence saying their isn't

But we're going in circles

I disagree with that.

If a character has gotten demonstrably stronger, like Ruby, then the characters being compared to her need evidence that they are either still comparable (fighting Ruby, for example), or have gotten proportionately stronger themselves to the point of being comparable (such as defeating people that the current Ruby has defeated, for example).

Aside from insisting Blake is comparable, and the PIS of her hitting Adam mentioned above, is there anything solid to justify her rating?

While we're at circular reasoning though.

Qrow's AP justification: Comparable to Winter Schnee.

Winter's AP Justification: Fought evenly against Qrow Branwen.

Anyone agree with me removing that line from Qrow's profile?

Err, that's not my point Gargoyle. My point is that he has "comparable to Winter" in there too, when Winter's justification comes from fighting Qrow, making that line circular.

I would also like to change the justification for Ruby's lifting strength slightly.

Instead of "Can drag a Nevermore up a vertical cliff with no effort"

I think it should be: "Can drag a Nevermore up a vertical cliff"

She was yelling the whole time she was pulling it up, and firing her gun repeatedly to add to the momentum of her running. I think it's quite clear that it wasn't a feat that required "No effort".

I didn't say screaming, she was yelling. Also, the fact that she used her gun repeatedly during the feat means it wasn't purely her physical strength pulling the Nevermore up, so I think we can drop the 'no effort' disclaimer.

Back