• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taskmaster, equipment scaling overhaul (Downgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some minor complaints about how we power scale Taskmaster's equipment. Here are my suggestions.

1) Add Varies, from Building level to Large Building level with equipment.

Reasoning:

We already accept Taskmaster's strongest gear scales to Spider-Man. So the Large Building level end stays, but I think it would be beneficial to add a Building level lower end as well. Specifically, one that scales to Captain America.

Taskmaster has been able to harm Captain America with his physical gear since pretty his first appearance.

casually blocking Captain America's shield with his own, before staggering him with a blow with his bow and shield.

In the same issue, it's directly stated He throws his shield as strong as America's.

completely overwhelms Captain America using nothing but his standard gear, with Captain America requiring his shield to even fight back against him.

pierces Captain America's arm with an arrow

Can harm Bucky by throwing his gear at him

I think adding this lower end accurately reflects Taskmaster's consistent Powerlevel. with his equipment varying enough to warrant a distinction in ratings.

2) Remove Taskmasters's scaling to Iron-Man.

Frankly, I'm surprised this even got passed in the first place given our power-scaling rules.

Not only is Taskmaster harming Iron Man FAR beyond anything he's done in the past, Iron-man recovered moments later with no lasting damage.

His energy constructs would thus only reasonably scale to his normal gear, for being able to harm Spider-Man.

3) Mention Taskmaster's shield in his durability section.

Taskmaster's shield should receive a rating in his durability section. With it being At least Large 8-C via scaling above his other equipment.

4) Adding missing abilities to his P&A

He should have Acrobatics via having the combined skills of Daredevil and Spider-Man among others.

SUMMARY

AP
: Remove Taskmaster's "Small City level" rating. Change his rating to simply Varies from Building level to Large Building level with Equipment

Durability mention that Taskmaster's shield is Large Building level

P&A Section:
Add acrobatics.

Taskmaster is the type of character where his rating will always be somewhat inconsistent. He is pretty much THE Street tier villain, and has squared off against most street-tier heroes at one point or another.

However, I think these revised stats more accurately display his most consistent levels of power. Strong enough physically to keep up with the likes of Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, Deadpool, and Black Widow (all of whom he has fought in the past, physically) with weaponry that can damage Captain America, and even Spider-Man. He's acknowledged as a threat to virtually everyone in the street levels of marvel, so this revision will hopefully reflect that.

Anyway, just wanted to say that.

his rating will always be somewhat inconsistent
Same level of inconsistency as Fisk? lol
He is pretty much THE Street tier villain, and has squared off against most street-tier heroes at one point or another.
Honestly, yeah. Especially since Marvel's street level gang isn't really all on the same level, unlike DC, where most are 8-C, Marvel varies from 9-B to High 8-C. Inconsistency will happen a LOT.

Not really part of the main revision but:

I'm hoping to alter his AP justification to this

Wall level+ (Fought evenly against Daredevil, who admitted needing to outsmart him to win. Has held his own against the likes of Black Widow, Iron Fist, Deadpool, and Punisher in hand to hand). Varies from Building level (Has frequently harmed the likes of Captain America with his gear, and can even match his strength with his shield. Can fight evenly with the likes of Bucky) to Large Building level With equipment (Can incapacitate both Peter Parker and Miles Morales. His explosive arrows can injure Miles Morales, and can knock out Peter Parker with a ricocheting baton)

Last edited:

Wall level+ (Fought evenly against Daredevil, who admitted needing to outsmart him to win. Has held his own against the likes of Black Widow, Iron Fist, Deadpool, and Punisher in hand to hand). Varies from Building level (Has frequently harmed the likes of Captain America with his gear, and can even match his strength with his shield) to Large Building level With equipment (Can incapacitate both Peter Parker and Miles Morlas. His explosive arrows can heavily injure Miles Morlas, and can knock out Peter Parker with a ricocheting baton)
Should be alright

Wall level+ (Fought evenly against Daredevil, who admitted needing to outsmart him to win. Has held his own against the likes of Black Widow, Iron Fist, Deadpool, and Punisher in hand to hand). Varies from Building level (Has frequently harmed the likes of Captain America with his gear, and can even match his strength with his shield. Can fight evenly with the likes of Bucky) to Large Building level With equipment (Can incapacitate both Peter Parker and Miles Morlas. His explosive arrows can injure Miles Morlas, and can knock out Peter Parker with a ricocheting baton)
Looks okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back