• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Scaling 2: Thread Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every other scene such as one trip in volume 2?

Never mind that it only took them a few minutes on a train to get from Mountain Glenn to Vale.

Or that the dragon arrived in the city in about a minute at most after waking up.

The dragon could just be that fast

I don't care how you guys deal with the dragon as long as it's consistant with the rest of the show.

Only read some, but I hope the maidens aren't gunna say high 7-C. 8-B pros is fine, but high 7-C maidens are wrong based on what the show, you know shows. It would automatically have to boost everyone else that fought them to that tier since it doesn't offer an AP advantage that big

If the show doesn't show the AP gap as big as such, then they shouldn't be multiple tiers above everyone else when every single feat and showing goes against. Other than "maidens are really powerful." When feats show they aren't that high above everyone else. It's versatility.

They can fly, they can use fire attacks, summon lighting, flash freeze, forge weapons, control the elements etc. that's what makes them formidable. as opposed to a huntsman simply having their weapon and a semblance. Maidens being high 7-C is very inconsistent with the show. At least 8-B maidens at most. Probably not even the at least. Since the powers aren't that impressive AP wise

> When feats show they aren't that high above everyone else.

Nobody else has demonstrated a feat remotely close to Raven's storm feat which is where all the Maiden's scaling comes from.

Many issues with that. One such a feat would automatically boost the ppl that fought maidens, making the feat outlier. "Being really powerful." Isn't good enough for the feat to be legit when every other feats contradicts them being high 7-C. Another issue is scaling that to physicals in Itself is wrong. Another issue is unquantifiable. I seen the calc, but Etc etc

"When they're among the most powerful." Yea? But do you know why? Because of versatility. Ravens feat is a storm that doesn't scale t anything at all. Especially when maidens fight with building levels opponents. If you go by the actual story, maidens do not have an AP gap that wide and they have and never will treat it as such because the gap is unrealistic. The author just wanted to show raven can make a storm... I'm oretty sure he wasn't thinking. "Now raven is large town level! " when he knows the maidens don't have a gap that big. If I make a character and they create a storm, it would be because they can make a storm. Wouldn't scale to that character's physicals at all

Storms in fact don't scale to physical stats unless proven.

Go to Oz's page, see his striking strength justification.

That's the proof that Maiden powers scale to physical stats.

Also what the authors think is 130% irrelevant. They probably don't think that RWBY is a verse above Wall level either

Artemiisia is probably bringing the storm revision planned by Spino, which Raven was listed as High 7-C only via weather manipulation.

You can't completely disregard author intent. They made the series after all. Some obvious cases you can, like dyspo being FTL. But in the case of rwby, the tier difference is inconsistent. The only justification for keeping it is "they are amongst the most powerful." When in the actual series building level characters can fight them. Wanna know why? Because the author knows the gap isn't that big, hasn't treated it as such, and will never treat it as such.

Kaltias said:
Storms in fact don't scale to physical stats unless proven.
Go to Oz's page, see his striking strength justification.

That's the proof that Maiden powers scale to physical stats.

Also what the authors think is 130% irrelevant. They probably don't think that RWBY is a verse above Wall level either
Ozpin's justification comes from Cinder who scales to Raven's storm feat, if you were to say that Raven's AP is not equal to her Storm feat then Cinder and subsequently Ozpin would also lose their AP justification. That is only if you can prove that their AP doesn't scale to the storm feat

Ozpin's justification comes from Cinder who scales to Raven's storm feat, if you were to say that Raven's AP is not equal to her Storm feat then Cinder and subsequently Ozpin would also lose their AP justification. That is only if you can prove that their AP doesn't scale to the storm feat

That's easy their fights with 8-C characters and other feats xd

Desmond253 said:
? That wasn't the argument. The argument was that Maiden powers don't scale to physical stats, which they do, otherwise Oz would block Cinder's punches but not her other attacks

I'm not saying that it needs to be changed I'm just saying that Raven's storm feat is the reason Cinder's AP is where it is. I personally think it's fine.

This is a thread about scaling in RWBY, I don't know why we're arguing feats and why we apply storm calcs here.

Tbh, Raven and Cinder have shown to be able to use their maiden powers physically, which theres no reason to really say it would be any weaker than her storm powers

I definitely agree that storm creation shouldnt compare to striking strength

It does scale to Striking Strength as they harmed people who can take their magic attacks with their physical attacks. This has been argued to death with three long threads agreeing that it scales to physicals.

That's not how it works bud. I'm saying only 7-C with that storm and everything else no.

Basically High 7-C via storm, 8-B for scaling above students and pros. That storm is irrelevant to all of her attacks. Remove that from the equation

??? I'm saying, that storm has nothing to do with the AP of her attacks. It doesn't scale to anything she does, especially when she has fights with building level opponents. I can have a character make a storm, let's say many assumptions go through and ppl calc it at 7-B, that wouldn't scale to ANYTHING. She does. Why? Because it simply doesn't. It doesn't add up with rwby consistency. Ya da yada.

why are we arguing about weither or not storm feats are ap feats here? If you have reason's to say this is not the case then it should be in a seperate thread not this one.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
By that logic every verse with a storm feat gets downgraded.

Magic scales to storm feat.

Their physical stats scale to the magic.
Hint hint that's exactly my point. Thank you. And no it does not. Your making too many assumptions especially when it's inconsit with the series. Creating a storm doesn't mean your attacks are whatever it ends up. Storm feats don't even need to be calced in the first place.

Unquantifiable, and in every case it ends up with wanked results that are far above the norm.

Except that you have given no reasons for the storm not scaling to AP.

Also, Desmond is right. That's how we treat storm feats here.

You disagree, make a CRT (which won't go through because it's a topic that was discussed to death)

I could care less how many times it was discussed. Nor will I make it since I don't care enough. Creating a storm has nothing to do with physicals or the AP of your "magic." You can't even make a real argument why it scales in the first place when every other feat in every other case contradicts the feat. Storm feats shouldn't even be calced in the first place. Because it will have nothing to do with anything. Let me check that guy from the flash who can make storms, hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back