• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Scaling 2: Thread Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I don't think Adam should scale actually.

This line: Should be somewhat superior to Base Cinder Fall, as Cinder only challenged him to a fight after acquiring part of Amber's power

It isn't exactly definitive proof that Adam is directly comparable to Cinder. Cinder may just have wanted to avoid confronting him until she was sure she had an absolute advantage over him (in the form of Maiden powers).

So Adam being a single tier below base Cinder wouldn't be unbelievable.

Adam not being 8-B would mean that Cinder could one shot him though.

8-B pro Huntsman scale as >= Vernal who killed Weiss's summon, which one shot the Queen Lancer who is 8-B

I just woke up, it seems like all of the changes have been made. Also thank you Dark649 for changing the lifting strengths, I notice they were wrong when I was making the blog.

Adam also had members of the White Fang around IIRC so both sides had backup.

And I'm pretty sure Cinder wanted to avoid an actual fight since she wanted to make use of him. Forcing him to submit by demonstrating her increased power would be better than challenging him and almost losing in a straightforward fight.

Damage3245 said:
Forcing him to submit by demonstrating her increased power would be better than challenging him and almost losing in a straightforward fight.
Yeah but if "almost losing" is a possibility, Adam can't be weaker than people that she can curbstomp

No, Adam threaten Cinder and she left, This implies she wasn't confident that she can defeat him easily, she returned after becoming a Half Maiden and threaten him in return.

She uses power to get what she wants, no reason to run from Adam if she could one shot him and all of the White Fang grunts.

Kaltias said:
Yeah but if "almost losing" is a possibility, Adam can't be weaker than people that she can curbstomp
Cinder being 8-B and Adam being At least High 8-C doesn't mean she can curbstomp him.

Being a single tier above someone doesn't mean you can one-shot them.

Damage3245 wrote
Cinder being 8-B and Adam being At least High 8-C doesn't mean she can curbstomp him.

Being a single tier above someone doesn't mean you can one-shot them.

Cinder can one shot 18 ton people so... yeah she should be one shotting Adam if he was High 8-C.

I'm glad Oscar was downgraded, Bartholomew is also a professional huntsman should he be 8-B, at least 8-B or his tier is fine?. Neutral about Adam and Cinder.

Damage3245 said:
It kinda does. Cinder > Glynda = Pro Huntsman = Raven >= Vernal >>> Arma Gigas >>> Queen Lancer (Undamaged by an 8-B explosion)

If he was High 8-C she'd definitely one shot him

I'm pretty sure characters in the series themselves don't know that though. They don't think in terms of tiers, and if Cinder was uncertain about which way the fight was going to go (perhaps due to not knowing how strong Adam actually is), I don't think she'd want to show any weakness by potentially losing.

I mean yeah. My point is "Adam isn't complete fodder for Cinder, while people who are complete fodder for Cinder are 8-B, so he is 8-B"

I may be forgetting something but since when are 8-B people complete fodder to base Cinder?

Damage3245 said:
Since when are 8-B people complete fodder to base Cinder?
Cinder is scaling to Glynda, who scales to Qrow, who scales to Raven, who is superior to Vernal, who can one shot characters who can take 18 ton attacks with no damage.

Well, the scaling was basically Cinder => Vernal > >>> Arma Gigas >>> Queen Lancer.

I didn't really interpret that as them being complete fodder but eh, it's fine.

If you want to put Adam as 8-B that should be fine, though I'm sure inconcsistencies may arise later on.

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure Vernal one-shot the Arma Gigas when it wasn't fully summoned. Perhaps it wasn't able to withstand the attack because it wasn't full formed?

All I gotta say with Oscar and Lionheart is, I told ye so, it was ridiculous from the start that Oscar immediately surpassed Qrow in physical strength, and Lionheart downright stated he wasnt as good as he was while also proving to be completely terrible in fights

Now lets hope V6 can give us upgrades in an actual good way rather than just being like V5 all over again.

I've found a bit of circular reasoning for Cinder's speed: reacted to attacks from Glynda Goodwitch and Amber

Both of them get their speed ratings from Cinder. This won't affect anyone's speed rating but I think we should remove this justification from Cinder's profile.

Lmao, ik, im waiting for V6 to prove that was just some outlier bs, but for now, ill take what I can get, and thats not the overwhelming tier difference that says Oscar can utterly stomp everyone.

I doubt Oscar is better than Qrow still, all he did was push Hazel back a little, attack blindspots,and somehow stun someone who is immune to pain? Like, not to mention the fact that Blake also pushed down Hazel.

But hey, lets save this for another time huh

Thanks Rusty.

Anyway, can anyone think of any other changes as a result of these revisions? If not, then we should probably close the thread.

Minor change but the Grimm Dragon should be bumped up to 7-C+ or High 7-C due to its earthquake that it caused just by waking up having a radius of nearly 1000 km

Oh, I thought the Cinder / Adam changes had already been implemented.

Does anyone know where it was stated that the Dragon came from Mountain Glenn? I can't actually remember that being in the show, did it come from Word of God?

How exactly? Is there a mathematical reason or just because it seems High 7-C, I don't remember the earthquake being all that major

RWBY Remnant World Map Source Material 00
Here is a map of the world with the maps of where Beacon and Mountain Glenn are. The Dragon created an Earthquake from Mountain Glenn that was felt in Beacon.

The distance between Vale and MG is ~81 pixels

Using the map as a to scale map of the planet, and seeing as Remnant is roughly earth-sized, the distance between Vale and MG is about 949 km

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale

This would be a Magnitude 6-7 earthquake

This would put the yield at 7-C+ to High 7-C

Just from waking up

When the dragon wakes up and flies over Mountain Glenn, isn't the coliseum and city in the distance in this shot?

That looks way, way closer than 949 km.

You can see it in this video at 15:00 mins in.

If theres a mathematical reason, then thats fine I suppose, butnafter rewatching, yeah, the animators arent at all consistent , though this is a minor detail

From my experience on the obd maps are discarded for pixel scaling.

And yeah. As others said its way close in the show then the map says.

its just more inaccurate than scaling from what you would actually see in the scene the feat happens.

perhaps I should of rephrased that. If there is a better alternative that is used instead of using the map, essentially its a less accurate scan.

@Matt

I think that the issue in this case is that given that the city was visible from the top of Mt. Glenn, the mountain would need to be be 70 km tall, so it's inconsistent

Thats in all of one shot though, plus the distance is shown t be far longer seeing as a trip from Beacon to Mountian Glen took enough time for it to change from dawn to late morning when Oobleck and RWBY traveled there by airship

Well, I think going by the show's latest portrayal (the distance between them in Volume 3), Mountain Glenn isn't as far away from the city as the maps portray.

The almost 1,000km distance just isn't right based on what we can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back