• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Scaling 2: Thread Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it is definitely a stretch to say Glynda scales to a Maiden because she blocked a single fireball.

Also, AP doesn't automatically scale to durability, no? So even then her tier wouldn't be that high even if it did.

I like how we are arguing that the writers retconned inconsistences for the maiden powers. It blows my mind that they would retconn those fights to have cinder use her maiden powers and no one would bring up the fact that when she uses her powers she looks completely different to what she looks like in volume 3. Why even bother at that point? As a writer your trying to avoid these very questions from accuring in the first place. So even if you argue that she is using the maiden powers from a narrative standpoint it sounds better to have her not use her maiden powers to specifically avoid what is being argued right now.

Let's not continue that discussion, Desmond. I really don't know why arguing the Dust/Maiden Powers retcon is necessary where there is overwhelming evidence in other areas as to how or why that attack may have not been something that we should scale.

Like, even in the case of scaling you're just giving one character a dura feat with forcefeilds.

The dust thing was retconned after s1. Remember all that dust they stole in s1? Obsolete and discarded plotline there.

Maiden powers werent a thing back then.

On one hand it's relevant because if Cinder was in base then she is 8-B in base, but Glynda doesn't have High 7-C forcefields. Otherwise Glynda has High 7-C forcefields.

On the other hand you guys are arguing about the inconsistencies of a retcon and it isn't like there is a way to determine the correct answer so it's best to drop it

Had to watch that shit KSI vs Logan boxing match. No spoilers but im suspicious af.

Ill answer whatever questions tomorrow, night

So,

High 7-C forcefeilds for Glynda, and 8-B for the rest of the characters in the OP, then?

Unless someone would like to make any new arguments or counteraguments.

I disagree with High 7C shields for Glynda based on pretty much everything Dargoo said in the previous thread

Do Amber and Cinder get a base 8B tier as well?

I disagree with the High 7-C dura as well, however since that's the only evidence the opposition seems to be putting forward right now I'd like to compromise. Maybe a "Possibly High 7-C" or "possibly much higher"

I ask again, does the opposition have any counterpoints or new evidence to offer?

Fair enough, won't argue with my own reasoning, lol.

The opposition hasn't responded to the counterpoints to the statements in the OP, and I feel like we have finished discussing the fireball feat, so I will call a grace unless someone would like to add to the debate.

Also; I'd like to note that the points and counterpoints have received significant contributions from (no "I approve" and nothing else):

Support: Dargoo, Kalitas, Jinx, Desmond, Gargoyle, Damage

Opposition: Weekly, Matt, DDM

I am not rallying to signify a "winner". Just clarifying who is on what side. This is, again, only for people who have been actively discussing and not just stating support.

Tb, I just think it has to come down onto a calc that can physically prove professionals are in higher tiers. We can go about scaling all we want without ever getting anywhere so I honestly think there needs to be solid proof of higher tiers with calcs in order to genuinely say the professionals are at this tier, cause like the thread has proven, the scaling is very flawed and based on little things

Cinder's base would be 8-B because she was blowing up Glynda's attacks, so she would scale.

Also i don't think that there is any difference between Pre-Maiden powers base Cinder and post-Maiden powers base Cinder. As explained above, Maiden powers are a on/off thing. If they aren't active the base power would be the same.

I'm neutral about which one gets accepted btw. Both High 7-C shields and 8-B base Cinder are fine by me

@Dargoo

Btw, it's Kaltias, not Kalitas ovo. Kalitas is this guy.

Seeing as Cinder was aiming to keep a low profile, would it make much sense to be flinging around Maiden powers and throwing out casual attacks which are High 7-C in strength?

Glynda wouldn't find that a bit odd?

Well, I'm fine with whichever one gets accepted too.

As long as no one like Qrow is scaled to maidens and get the downgrades, then im fine with whatever else but maiden powers when activated are clearly shown by the flames eminating from the eye, which werent present during the glynda fight. Not to mention there is shown a difference between the eye flashes and the eye flames with Cinder.

Well the reasoning is she blocked an attack from Cinder

But the reasoning itself is just contradictory

I feel "possibly High 7-C" or "likely much higher" is appropriate, but Kaltias (correct spelling, bah) is correct in that she did block an attack.

I gave my evidence, but if we can all agree on 8-B with the 7-C shield, we all come out of this more satisfied.

It feels weird that we are going to make her shields High 7-C based on an attack that we can't decide was actualy High 7-C

Well, we could go with Possibly High 7-C at least, though I am doubtful the attack was actually High 7-C.

I just read this on Cinder's profile

Lava Dust Manipulation (Can create disguises, make weapons, shoot fireballs and create pillars of lava, and make shards of glass)

I feel like an idiot for even debating that she was using dust during her earlier fights.

As I said i'm completely neutral.

It's a matter of "Cinder was in base and blew up Glynda's attacks so Cinder scales", or "Cinder was using Maiden powers and Glynda's forcefield scales".

We have reached > 15 hours of grace with no objections to the main revisions or arguments in the revised OP.

Currently we agree on the sentiments of the original post, with the common exception being a "Possibly High 7-C" for Glynda's forcefields. As Weekly has said, the Lava Dust section on her profile should also be updated.

If there is nothing more to say, we should start implementing these changes in another 9 hours.

I made a blog of the profiles that will change, nothing seems wrong right?

I've put a Base key for Raven in there since Maiden powers are not constantly on. Also Qrow and others will be scaling to her base so we definitely need it.

Also I'm on the side of 8-B Cinder via scaling to Glynda, High 7-C shields doesn't sit right with me.

@Rusty

Looks good to me.

I reccomend at least a "possibly High 7-C" or "possibly much higher"

Yes. The RWBY crew attacks that scale from the Hunters/Maidens would be 8-B.

Which honestly makes sense given that Penny's most powerful tecnique is also 8-B.

Only < one more hour until the grace period I set aside for the opposition is over, and still no new arguments or objections have been brought forward.

After an hour passes, I believe this will be okay to begin implementing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back