• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Revision´Part III: Deciding the Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yang's arm wouldnt be affected by what...?

By a physical attack. According to you, Yang could outright no sell her arm being broken, despite the fact the characters have been outright one-shotted several times throughout the series.

Adam being 7-B, which many people disagree with, doesn't matter. Yang's aura was ignored and sliced off by the attack. Literally the only reason why the High 8-Cs of the series don't get instantly one-shotted by the 7-Bs, aside from PIS, is because of their auras. Hazel's electricity can outright electrocute and course through the body, it ignored Ren's aura.

He literally plugs electricity into his body to empower his attacks, yet he has no physical signs of being electrocuted. Even after Nora refleced his electricity back into him after she absorbed it he didnt show any signs of being electocuted.

Yes, because theyre experiencing the pain of electricity. I was wrong before and have noted multple times that i was wrong. Electricyty does not bypass aura

Exactly, hence why Flynt shrugged off the heat of lava and the guys from Team ABRN werent freezing when they were trapped in a ball of ice.

@Kep What...? Are you referring to the argument that Winter Soldier would try to subdue her physically? Because my argument wasnt that she could no-sell him breaking her arm it was that her lifting strength would make it so it didnt get broken by overpowering him in that aspect.

No, it didnt. It harmed him with the pain of electricity but nothing implies it bypassed his aura and electrocuted him.

Nah, in that case it would be calc stacking because it's done in two different moments (The speed calc for the breath attack and the actual dodging). Also Sun's feat is better anyway

WeeklyBattles said:
He literally plugs electricity into his body to empower his attacks, yet he has no physical signs of being electrocuted. Even after Nora refleced his electricity back into him after she absorbed it he didnt show any signs of being electocuted.
Yes, because theyre experiencing the pain of electricity. I was wrong before and have noted multple times that i was wrong. Electricyty does not bypass aura

Exactly, hence why Flynt shrugged off the heat of lava and the guys from Team ABRN werent freezing when they were trapped in a ball of ice.
Hazel has the best aura, his regenration is above everyone elses, and he fused the electricity with himself, giving him a natural resistance, Nora doesnt reflect her electricity, she uses it to power her muscles. She cant eminate electric attacka, omly some small sparks that are irrelevant

You havent noted you were wrong, youre incapable of doing that honestly, and if electricity doesnt penetrate aura, then how the hell do you feel the electricity. Whats the point of using electricity attacks.

Flynt was at like, 1 aura. He didnt shrug anything off. You legitimateky just said they can feel heat, cold, anything. They cant feel heat without molecules. They may be fairly resistant, but not immune to it. And they certainly can feel things,

Weekly, its sad at this point tbh. Its basic physics, and youre contradicting yourself so many times. If a layer forcefield around you as no molecules, you legit cant feel anything. Molecules transfer energy, and energy is what makes up every attack. Heck, you cant breathe without molecules.

@Kep This was post timeskip Yang yes? I believe was referring to aura preventing weapon breaking, which Yang's prosthetic arm would qualify as. If not then i was wrong as Aura in no way prevents incap

Yes, the pain of electricity without the actual damage it would cause to his body.

Yes, the pain of electricity without the actual damage it would cause to his body.

No. He got electrocuted. You can see the visual effect. No such thing as "it's just pain". Prove it.

@Kep I can pull up literally every instance of charactes getting hit by bladed weapons without receving so much as a scratch but feeling the pain of being hit by said weapons if you'd like. Or being hit by blunt force attacks and not having so much as a bruise but still being visibly hurt by the attacks. That's how Aura opperates, it protects the person from the damage of attacks but they still feel the pain of said attacks. Its the reason that in the vytal festival tournament they were allowed to use bladed weapons, live ammunition, explosives, and elemental powers such as electricity and fire, because Aura blocks the user from recieving actual damage but they still feel the pain of attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQS1_3QWt1Q

>Almost everyone in RWBY uses electricity dust

>They use it for the sake of something hurting like any other bullet rather than electrocution

Except we can literally see that it electrocuted Ren. Bladed weapons are irrelevant to this debate. I'm talking about Hazel's feat where electroshock was directly shown, not other feats. Other feats are irrelevant, and it's also a false equivalence because RWBY characters always get killed or badly injured by intentional, direct stabs that impale the body.

@Kep How exactly would you like me to prove that the electricity electricity didnt bypass his aura and only made him feel the pain of being electrocuted without comparing it to literally every other feat in the series where the same mechanics and principle applies?

"Same mechanics" is false. Get me one instance where it wasn't a simple durability feat, and get me one instance where they didn't get in critical condition after being stabbed and impaled directly.

I can get you Adam Taurus vs. Yang.

You can also start by not ignoring the blatant electrocution effect.

Lore wise there hasn't been anything to be stated that can just bypass aura without cutting or breaking it. Characters are constantly hurt by the impact of different attacks but there's never a direct contact since there's aura.

With electricity though I suppose there's no impact.....but they still feel its effect. So basically aura allows heat, feeling, and senses in general get through so perhaps aura simply lets the physical feeling of electricity get through however that doesn't mean that electricity is necessarily bypassing aura

> one instance where it wasn't a simple durability feat

Weiss tackling Flynt into lava, where Weiss got burned because her aura went down but Flynt was completely fine because his aura was up

> one instance where they didn't get in critical condition after being stabbed

Emerald vs Coco, Yatsuhashi vs Mercury, Pyrrha vs Team CRDL, Penny vs the White Fang members, etc.

Yes, a 7-B with feats of stabbing through two 8-Cs aura, consistent with the feats of every other 7-B n the verse essentially no-selling weaker characters' aura

Weiss tackling Flynt into lava, where Weiss got burned because her aura went down but Flynt was completely fine because his aura was up

Where's the stabbing feat?

Emerald vs Coco, Yatsuhashi vs Mercury, Pyrrha vs Team CRDL, Penny vs the White Fang members, etc.

Show me anyone getting literally impaled in any of these fights.

So we're going with Weiss' summons being stronger than the original? If not then shouldn't Weiss be 8-B for taking out the Arma Gigas?

Weiss very explicitly couldnt damage the Gigas and had to attack and destroy the Grimm inside it in order to beat it

Although funy thing to not, Weiss beating the Gigas also yielded 8-C results iirc

@Ricsi Only the real Arma Gigas has weak points as it had actual grimm controlling it, the Gigas Weiss summons doesnt have that

How fast do you have to be to appear invisible to a Hypersonic+ character?

And how fast do you have to be to run up a completely vertical surface without somethng like Weiss' glyphs to keep you on the wall?

Calc stacking refers to the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats.

not really, that would be using the calculation that makes them the speed they are to make another calculation.

• Character A moved so fast that character B couldn't react to him. So character A needs to have crossed the distance until he could be seen by character B again in the time that character B requires to react. Since we know from a calculation how long character B needs to react we can calculate the speed of character A based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back