• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Revision´Part III: Deciding the Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reppuzan said:
@Twisted and Jinx
There's no indication that Aura was ever made of particles since it's literally a manifestation of the energy of one's soul. Last I checked, energy is not necessarily made of particles unless you can prove otherwise.

Your constant need to insult Weekly and generally be standoffish to anyone who opposes you is continues to be grating and the reason why I banned you in the first place.

Not saying that Weekly hasn't been standoffish himself, but you certainly aren't helping matters.
EXACTLY, ITS ENERGY

Energy cant be corporeal without particles, meaning it cant be a forcefield, like you and weekly keep saying. Theres NOTHING that is tangible and doesnt use particles. Energy is the same thing, it has to be used through particles in order to affect things. Therefore, its energy protecting them rather than something physical, and therefore physical touch isnt blocked. I said, either its tangible like you were saying, meaning it has molecules, and gets disassembled, or it doesnt block physical contact and Yang immediately gets disassembled. And theres loads of indication. Ive explained why.

No, its not because hes opposing me, its because hes being ignorant and bias, deciding what votes are legit or not. Purposefully. The dudes literally saying Aura blocks molexular hax and providing 0 evidence. And saying things arent so that he himself admitted, just so he isnt backed into a corner. And the fact he legitimately deleted all the votes for Chisaki, which is an abuse of power. You cant deny Weekly wants RWBY wins desperately

"You havent proven anything" "Its just fiction" (This is all basic physics EVERYONE would know. Nothing like Quantum mechanics, something someome may be iffy about. You cant deny the fact everything is made of molecules thats corporeal just because ots damn fiction. Why do we use regular physics in calcs therefore.

And your banning was rather to get me to shut up fpr the rest of the Rwby finale, as it continued to prove Oscar doesnt one shot everyone, ypu were just using me being fiesty rather than rude to justify for an over extension of 2 weeks. 2 weeks was an unusually unfair amount of time, especially when RWBY ended all that. Apparently, we arent allowed to complain about staff either. That ban was one of the many reasons I started to realise the staff on this wiki were just grating. No offense.

And again, this is basic physics. Something any high schooler is taught.

You see how ignorant it os though, either your right, or 'its fiction'. Seriously.

Kepekley23 said:
"Mercury got hit by leaf" was not remotely my argument and I repeated the actual point of it all many times, and hardly ever mentioned that instance. "Oversimplification" is putting it lightly, seeing as I repeated the main argument too many times for you to suddenly forget.
Thats exactly what I thought

You dont remind repeating it once more do you? I wasnt around for when you were all debating it

Yeah, I'm gonna have to side with Jinx on this. Even if it's a fictional verse, there's a limit to something that doesn't make sense. We can't hand wave something and say "Oh it's magic/aura" so it's fine, it doesn't necessarily have to follow the rules. Considering how the purpose of aura is to dampen the damage received anyway it makes sense that it would suffer from such abilities. I mean aura certainly didn't protect anyone from possession and Qrow's bad luck, though those two are likely bad examples but they showcase aura can't defend against everything.

Just joined this topic but yeah.

We can't just say aura can block anything since it's such a big statement.

^ i do agree with that, obviusly. it would be an nlf to do otherwise. the problem is that the litiral creators dont know how aura works

@Weekly

That however still shows a limit regardless on Qrow's bad luck influence. Haxx can't be all blocked.

@Risci

Exactly- wait -if even the creators don't know to what extent it is then it becomes a huge problem for everyone. Since we don't even have anything and we're basically grasping at straws. If that's the case at least. I'm sure they have a solid idea of what aura is though.

And I doubt Aura could block anything on that level considering electricity goes through them just fine.

Yeah.

1. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1585733#18

2. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1585733#29

3. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1585733#36

I've also found more proof ever since, namely Weiss needing effort to reach Mach 6 speeds, which is extremely consistent with Yang's Mach 6.06 feat, and Blake needing Weiss's time dilation speed boost to reach Mach 20 speeds, which is once again consistent with the characters being considerably lower normally, specially when Weiss used the glyph and easily blitzed a guy who was comparable to her without the glyph, which proves the characters are far more consistently below MHS than anywhere near it.

Also, Post Timeskip Sun evading the Sea Dragon's breath was recalc'ed at Mach 11, which is once again consistent with Pre-Timeskip being normally Mach 6.

WeeklyBattles said:
It is not an NLF to say a forcefield blocks attacks
Forcefields can still be broken. The kinetic energy wouldnt be transferred if there were no molecules, therefore making ot impossible for a forcefield to break by pure force. Which is how aura breaks normally.

Why do you think intangibility, that is outwardly known to phase their molecules, cant be hit.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Exactly- wait -if even the creators don't know to what extent it is then it becomes a huge problem for everyone. Since we don't even have anything and we're basically grasping at straws. If that's the case at least. I'm sure they have a solid idea of what aura is though.

And I doubt Aura could block anything on that level considering electricity goes through them just fine.
they were asked in a q&a. they described it as a hp bar. rwby is a minimalist show, with rule of cool> plot. it was made for oum for good fights, hell, maidens were thrown in the misc mid season 2, neo was made to not animate torchy going to fight yang etc.

@Jinx Forcefields are broken all the time through sheer power in a lot of fiction, not just RWBY. Intangibility is just that, intangibility. Phasing and intangibility are not the same thing, theyre similar but not the same.

@Weekly

https://youtu.be/5_BF789hJuE?t=69

Ren suffers from electrocution. I talked about this before.

Then there's Sun being electrocuted too.

I doubt those are just "we're way stronger than you" considering they were able to keep up

@Risci

Well.... That makes things more fun. Aura is an hp bar... Then again it can be compared to League's health bars...

I feel like a broken record when I say "guys drop this discussion because you are never going to convince the other" but hey, apparently I have to

@CoB First video is from Ren getting hit by an attack from a City level character, second is from a Grimm that they couldnt beat on their own aside from cutting one of its wings.

Aura has been a health bar since volume 2

We're almost at 500. Someone make a new thread, I have to go out for a while now

@Kaltias

But it becomes an issue when these similar arguments are used in other RWBY threads again and again and again. It's better to finish it off now than to let it just repeat over and over and over in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back