• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to bed soon, so I just want to add to why I think it wouldn’t make sense for Weiss to not be helping. Ruby is clearly doing something to help her lift the bird. So Weiss’ teammate is already struggling to lift this thing. If Ruby fails everyone dies to the bird. Why would Weiss just stand there and think the equivalent of ‘slay queen’, versus helping the teammate she was already helping to begin with.

The book doesn’t have a statement saying she isn’t helping more. All it says is that she helped Ruby stick to the cliff, that doesn’t exclude any other help from happening. That description of the scene isn’t as specific as your making it out to be (Weekly), it’s just a basic summary.

It ltierally states that all Weiss' glyphs did was give Ruby traction to run up the wall, not that it amped her sped or somehow made her stronger
You are mixing up what the guidebook says, it provides a summary of the scene but doesn't state that's all they did at all.

And i said they dont, because they mechanically dont. She is not being physically accelerated by anything, thats just a random assumption youre making basd off of a non-standard application of Weiss' glyphs, an application which was dirctly stated to have not been used in this scene.
You cannot lie and say that's not what the glyphs do because it's on her page already.

For my assumption to be random, it would have to not be based on any sort of logic, however if it's the natural conclusion one can come to based on knowledge of the characters then it just becomes of different interpretation of events from yours, that doesn't make it any less plausible.

They aren't non-standard at all, as our very page has a gif of her using them this way in combat, and you are again mixing up what the guidebook said; it does not state that it wasn't used that way at all based simply on omission of details, how else would have Ruby gained this random boost of speed she up until this point doesn't show?

Then why do you keep bringing it up as though it somehow invalidates Ruby lifting the nevermore?
Because her being manually accelerated vs. amplified matters, if her speed were simply altered to be faster that wouldn't have much bearing on her lifting process, but because she is being accelerated by glyphs then it shows that the glyphs are forcing her forward more so than she is herself, the difference matters greatly.

Seeing as its the only thing you seem to be arguing about its pretty clear that it is your argument.
That's just a misinterpretation on your part.

The material isnt showing her being speed amped either. I'd love for you to point out where its stated or demonstrated that she is being speed amped. Please, do show it.
I don't have to show something I'm not stating happens, Weekly. That's for the man made of straw.

I mean it wouldn’t make sense for the animators having her do that if they didn’t believe it was helping her in someway. She would just be blindly wasting ammo for no reason if it didn’t help.
Its making her move faster, not incerasing her strength. It wouldnt chang th calc at all as its not helping hr lift anything
Though I don’t think the guide book was being super specific about that scene, it just seems like a general summary. I personally think the glyphs would be helping her out, since they have powers that can help her out, and it wouldn’t make sense for Weiss to just not use them. Especially since Ruby came up with the plan so having her teammate help her slightly more would be more logical then assuming Weiss just stopped helping after sticking her to the wall.
Okay but here's the thing, not only is whit glyphs amping speed not somthing they do automatically [white glyphs are not by default speed amping glyphs], but Ruby had literally just met Weiss a few minutes before that and had very little idea of what her powers were. That, coupled with the fact that the guidebook says that all it did was give her traction on the wall, not amp her speed, leads to the conclusion that Weiss was likely not amping Ruby's speed with hr glyphs

Also i hav no idea why speed has anything to do with a lifting strength feat and no idea why this is such an issu [this isnt directed at you, just the genral people making the argument]

it was rhetorical, pretty sure it was to help lift the bird considering how she fights in the earlier season atleast i stopped after monty oum passed rip
she uses her rifle to amp speed see werewolfs trailer or against the henchman
the glyph however im neutral kinda leaning agree with weiss amp
Weiss has no physical strength amps so the argument of 'the feat is invalid becaus Weiss ampd her' is faulty. Hell the argument that 'the feat is invalid because Weiss amped hr speed' equally as little sense. Why would hr speed change hr liting strength?

“Hey Weiss can your glyphs stick me to that cliff”

“Yep, they can also help you lift the bird that will kill us all if you fail to lift it. But instead of using that feature, I’ll just awkwardly stare at you and think ‘slay queen’”.

Note: Clearly not an actual quote, just a joke to say why I find Weiss not helping to be ridiculous.

Seriously Weiss isn’t a toddler, she has an ability that can help Ruby lift this thing and she already is using half the ability to put Ruby on the cliff. Why would she not help her lift it.

Weekly she is lifting a giant bird, saying she is firing her gun for literally any other reason then to say it is to assist her with the one thing she is doing in this scene is just disingenuous. She isn’t trying to go to a destination faster; she’s trying to decapitate a giant bird.

“Hey Weiss can your glyphs stick me to that cliff”

“Yep, they can also help you lift the bird that will kill us all if you fail to lift it. But instead of using that feature, I’ll just awkwardly stare at you and think ‘slay queen’”.

Seriously Weiss isn’t a toddler, she has an ability that can help Ruby lift this thing and she already is using half the ability to put Ruby on the cliff. Why would she not help her lift it.

Weekly she is lifting a giant bird, saying she is firing her gun for literally any other reason then to say it is to assist her with the one thing she is doing in this scene is just disingenuous. She isn’t trying to go to a destination faster; she’s trying to decapitate a giant bird.
Keeweed. My guy. Weiss does not have a glyph that can help her lift stuff. Its not one of her powers.

She can push Ruby forward/increase her acceleration, that would help her lift the bird.

Also to clarify Ruby using the gun to push herself upward (which would be her accelerating herself) would help her lift the bird. You applying she is only using it for speed and not to help her lift is what I find disingenuous.

You are mixing up what the guidebook says, it provides a summary of the scene but doesn't state that's all they did at all.
Dude th guidebook gives a scene by scene explanation of th ntire fight, it is 100% stating everything they did.
You cannot lie and say that's not what the glyphs do because it's on her page already.
Then her page needs to be changed because thats not how her glyphs work.
For my assumption to be random, it would have to not be based on any sort of logic, however if it's the natural conclusion one can come to based on knowledge of the characters then it just becomes of different interpretation of events from yours, that doesn't make it any less plausible.
Then by your own definition it is in fact random as there is no logic in your argument. Everything you ar arguing goes agaist the scene, the guidebook, and the peopl who wrote and animated the scene itself.
They aren't non-standard at all, as our very page has a gif of her using them this way in combat,
They are in fact non-standard. A single gif is not indicative of the hundreds of times she's used the glyphs in the show and is entirely the reason why ive been removing gifs from the rwby pages, theyre misleading.
and you are again mixing up what the guidebook said; it does not state that it wasn't used that way at all based simply on omission of details,
Thats a bold claim, care to give a sourc that says its omitting details?
how else would have Ruby gained this random boost of speed she up until this point doesn't show?
Simple, she didnt. Nothing in that scene indicates her getting a speed boost from anythong other than her rifl shots
Because her being manually accelerated vs. amplified matters, if her speed were simply altered to be faster that wouldn't have much bearing on her lifting process, but because she is being accelerated by glyphs then it shows that the glyphs are forcing her forward more so than she is herself, the difference matters greatly.
Again, her profile needs to be changed if thats the case. It doesnt accelerate, it amps.
That's just a misinterpretation on your part.
Is it though? You seem to still be arguing about the glyphs aping her yet havent proven that they did.
I don't have to show something I'm not stating happens, Weekly. That's for the man made of straw.
You are statig that Weiss' glyphs amped her speed. Im asking you to show it doing so. If you claim youre not saying it then your argument is bunk.

She can push Ruby forward/increase her acceleration, that would help her lift the bird.

Also to clarify Ruby using the gun to push herself upward (which would be her accelerating herself) would help her lift the bird. You applying she is only using it for speed and not to help her lift is what I find disingenuous.
Again, no, thats not how her glyphs work. Hell thats not even the White glyphs, what youre describing is her black glyphs which have the property of repulsion, and none of hr glyphs have anything to do with acceleration, its just a flat sped amp

I was definitely referring one of the white Glyphs, but after rewatching it, it does look a bit more like jumping. Though I haven’t watched Ruby in a while, so I’ll need to go look through some more Weiss scenes.

Okay ffs i just watched the scene again and not only are th eglyphs not on cliff when the entire cliff is shown, but Weiss is literally on her hands and knees in exhaustion in th foreground in th same shot. She didnt even keep the glyphs up the entire ascent.

They were shown in the first shot to be over the entire cliff, the animators just didn’t animate them for the entire rest of the scene. (Look at 2:36 they go up the whole cliff)

2:35 or 2:36 you can see it go up the cliff, while it does cut we can continue to hear them form. Considering the animation quality of volume 1, I find it way more likely to be an animation error that the glyphs aren’t in the next shot, rather than Weiss making a ton of them only for them to not be used.

Proof? Becuase Weiss' glyphs disappearing when her aura goes down is a consistent thing in th show
She just caught a breath, we don’t see her aura get broken, and nothing hit her to break it. It wouldn’t make sense for them to animate the glyph going up the entire cliff if they, in canon, just evaporate immediately afterwards.

She just caught a breath, we don’t see her aura get broken, and nothing hit her to break it. It wouldn’t make sense for them to animate the glyph going up the entire cliff if they, in canon, just evaporate immediately afterwards.
Except after the fight ends you still see her visibly exhausted as well

2:35 or 2:36 you can see it go up the cliff, while it does cut we can continue to hear them form. Considering the animation quality of volume 1, I find it way more likely to be an animation error that the glyphs aren’t in the next shot, rather than Weiss making a ton of them only for them to not be used.
Theyre not even in front of ruby in the closeup shot of her running up the cliff my dude

Except after the fight ends you still see her visibly exhausted as well
That doesn’t showcase that her aura was broken. Since she literally just made dozens of these glyph like 2 seconds before Ruby ran up the cliff, I don’t see her having broken aura.

Also, wait hold on, what would be holding Ruby to the cliff then (if the glyphs just disappeared).

That doesn’t showcase that her aura was broken. Since she literally just made dozens of these glyph like 2 seconds before Ruby ran up the cliff, I don’t see her having broken aura.
And she made dozens more in the fights beforehand as well as taking dmaage to her aura from the grimm she encountered immedately prior to fighting the nevermore
Also, wait hold on, what would be holding Ruby to the cliff then (if the glyphs just disappeared).
The constant shots from Ruby's rifle, which explains why she was using them.

Also, according to the guidebook her glyphs can only have a single property, attraction, repulsion, or velocity. They cant have multiple at the same time, which further invalidates the claim that she was being amped by Weiss' glyphs

What I meant by her making the glyphs when she did, is that she had aura literally as the lift started. Her leaning over a bit shouldn’t automatically mean her aura broke. Why would she even make the glyphs to help Ruby if her aura was just going to give out immediately and she achieves literally nothing.

I’m going to go reread the guidebook on her glyphs, give me a second.

The glyphs don’t have animation of vanishing, so I imagine the animator just made a mistake, rather than Weiss being an idiot and adding literally nothing to the plan because she wasted all her abilities making glyphs that immediately break.

When has being tired been an indicator that your aura is broken.

And why would Weiss make that many glyphs that were clearly part of the plan if they weren’t able to stay.

She only did that so ruby could stick the landing by giveing her traction so she could run up the cliff

Also remember what i said about aura back during vol 1-near end of vol 3

Some of the teams in the tournament in vol 3 had their auras brake without any showing of them brakeing expect for the aura bars

When has being tired been an indicator that your aura is broken.
Since the beginning of the show? Aura breaking causes immediate physical exhaustion and potential incapacitation and fainting
And why would Weiss make that many glyphs that were clearly part of the plan if they weren’t able to stay.
I literally just explained it

“Also, according to the guidebook her glyphs can only have a single property, attraction, repulsion, or velocity. They cant have multiple at the same time, which further invalidates the claim that she was being amped by Weiss' glyphs”

I just read the guidebook and I don’t see where that is stated at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back