• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Still waiting for a scan of her using more than one property for a glyph

2. Still dont understand what any of this conversation has to do with Ruby's physical strength

That explains why she wouldn’t be able to use different glyphs. But the traction glyph should be the same glyphs as the ones that cause acceleration. All those features are in the same sentence. While all the other glyphs are described as entirely different things.

I mean all this is moot, she needed Crescent Rose to propel herself anyway. The true mass she carried would have been lower.

That explains why she wouldn’t be able to use different glyphs. But the traction glyph should be the same glyphs as the ones that cause acceleration. All those features are in the same sentence. While all the other glyphs are described as entirely different things.
Theyre not, traction, repulsion, and accleration glyphs are different glyphs

I guess you didn't understand. Attraction, repulsion, and velocity are caused by Dust. Not the base glyph that's the implication of what's being said. And that makes sense with the context of the show.

Proof that she needed crescent rose to do so? Hell, proof that that would in any way affect her lifting strength?
So we are at an impasse. If you choose to go this route, the entire feat is void. My assessment is just as valid or invalid as yours. You can't have one without the other, Weekly. If you want to void my concerns, you void the feat being valid.

So we are at an impasse. If you choose to go this route, the entire feat is void. My assessment is just as valid or invalid as yours. You can't have one without the other, Weekly. If you want to void my concerns, you void the feat being valid.
And why is that? Just because you have misconceptions about the feats does not invalidat the feat whn numerous other peopl with actual knowledge of the verse as well as several neutral parties agree with its use

Cool? Its still an acknowlgdement of a speed increas which is lacking from the nvermor scene
a speed amp that's done by Blake throwing Yang at the robot, that's not an actual speed amp like weiss' glyphs do, which is what you're claiming to be the case for characters like Weiss. Show me proof that they explain that through the semblance abilities and not through sheer physical strength otherwise you're just throwing random examples at the wall.

a speed amp that's done by Blake throwing Yang at the robot, that's not an actual speed amp like weiss' glyphs do, which is what you're claiming to be the case for characters like Weiss. Show me proof that they explain that through the semblance abilities and not through sheer physical strength otherwise you're just throwing random examples at the wall.
Its almost like she didnt use a speed amp or something

And yet you're using a showing of physical strength to disprove something that Weiss does supernaturally through glyphs. How about you give me examples that they say speed amp through Weiss' glyphs and then we can get somewhere.

I'm not misinterpreting the feat, you literally have no proof that the feat does what you say it does because CRWBY didn't make a statement about it. All we have to go off of is what we see, and from what we see we can interpret it any which way we want. That does not make any one interpretation any more legitimate than the other.

And yet you're using a showing of physical strength to disprove something that Weiss does supernaturally through glyphs. How about you give me examples that they say speed amp through Weiss' glyphs and then we can get somewhere.
I have no idea what youre even talking bout anymore my guy

You're claiming that they explicitly explain to us in the books that they point out speed amps when doing anything for semblances. Your example on the Paladin is NOT a counterpoint when that's literally just Blake throwing Yang hard enough that she flies towards the paladin fast. Can you post any scans from the guidebooks that explicitly say that Weiss was speed amping during specific fights?

All we have to go off of is what we see, and from what we see we can interpret it any which way we want. That does not make any one interpretation any more legitimate than the other.
Excpt you cannot, because there is a direct description of what is being shown as well as a distinct set of mechanics under which Weiss' glyphs operate which contradicts the idea that it can be interpreted in multiple ways.

You're claiming that they explicitly explain to us in the books that they point out speed amps when doing anything for semblances. Your example on the Paladin is NOT a counterpoint when that's literally just Blake throwing Yang hard enough that she flies towards the paladin fast. Can you post any scans from the guidebooks that explicitly say that Weiss was speed amping during specific fights?
Yes

On this thread? This is the first time ever you've posted that scan. Not like that it matters cause the gun recoil is still there, meaning Ruby didn't do the feat naturally.

Weekly we aren't supposed to prove a negative, you're supposed to prove a positive that she can lift without recoil.

Quote where you posted it, then I'll concede on that point.

The entire final scene is proof, on top of the fact that no one grappled with the nevermore on their own throughout the fight.

Except that it's made painfully clear throughout the series that her gunshots hold some sort propulsion and she uses them to both increase her speed and change direction?

If she could lift a Nevermore unsupported, why did she need to pull the trigger?

Except that it's made painfully clear throughout the series that her gunshots hold some sort propulsion and she uses them to both increase her speed and change direction?

If she could lift a Nevermore unsupported, why did she need to pull the trigger?
Bcause Wiss' glyphs wre gone and she needed a way to stay on the cliff

That's not even refuting what I just said. Even if she did use the scythe to stay on the cliff, what the propulsion effect does to the mass that Ruby has to carry is still there. It makes the load she has to carry lighter.

The force to propel a human being several meters forward is a negligible amount to omit from the overall feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back