• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the beginning of the show? Aura breaking causes immediate physical exhaustion and potential incapacitation and fainting

I literally just explained it
No? You can be tired without your Aura being broken, that’s shown several times. You can definitely say her aura was depleted, but there is no reason to assume it was completely broken.

Also no, you explained how Ruby initially stuck to the wall. Not why Weiss, after seeing Ruby stick to the wall, made even more glyphs up the cliff.

“Since the beginning of the show? Aura breaking causes immediate physical exhaustion and potential incapacitation and fainting”

There’s a big difference between taking a rest as your enemy is being defeated, versus being focable tired from a large supply of your stamina being reduced. She leaned over to catch a breath.

If the glyphs were meant to just stick Ruby to the cliff why did she make so many up the cliff?

Weekly you are overly nitpicking the living hell out of that scene. Weiss had all the glyphs there for Ruby to pull off the decapitation stunt as we clearly see with the big money shot prior to the gun shot boost. Unless her aura had a fizzle like it does in volume 3, I’d love to see where that’s shown, if not then it’s complete headcanon to assume her aura was gone at that point.

I’ll be back later, but I’ll look through a lot of Weiss’ scenes soon. You’ve been taking a lot of stuff out of context on a lot on recent threads (like saying Garou gets his tier from back scaling, when he doesn’t, or iron man gets his tier from Thanos, when he actually gets it from Thor, or when you said Alex Mercer’s lifting strength comes from a punch, when it doesn’t, or big bosses comes from stopping something, when it doesn’t and it comes from deadlifting). And you’ve actually have straight lied to me before, so sorry if I’m a bit skeptical to your claims.

Also sorry if that comes off as rude, it is starting to get late and I’m starting to get hungry. I’ll leave this thread and come back tomorrow so I’m not as agitated, sorry for any inconvenience.

Weekly you are overly nitpicking the living hell out of that scene. Weiss had all the glyphs there for Ruby to pull off the decapitation stunt as we clearly see with the big money shot prior to the gun shot boost. Unless her aura had a fizzle like it does in volume 3, I’d love to see where that’s shown, if not then it’s complete headcanon to assume her aura was gone at that point.
So is Abstractions

Aura didnt have a breaking animation until volume 3, it just stopped working

No? You can be tired without your Aura being broken, that’s shown several times. You can definitely say her aura was depleted, but there is no reason to assume it was completely broken.
You do know that depleted = broken in RWBY right?
Also no, you explained how Ruby initially stuck to the wall. Not why Weiss, after seeing Ruby stick to the wall, made even more glyphs up the cliff.
Because she was going to have Ruby ascend the cliff that way but ran out of Aura, hence why the glyphs were gone and hnce why Ruby changed to using her rifle to keep herself in place on the cliff
There’s a big difference between taking a rest as your enemy is being defeated, versus being focable tired from a large supply of your stamina being reduced. She leaned over to catch a breath.
Aura is directly tied to stamina in RWBY, if you dont have aura your stamina drops to th point of incapacitation

“Aura is directly tied to stamina in RWBY, if you dont have aura your stamina drops to th point of incapacitation”

If it drops stamina to incapacitation then the scene you are showing contradicts that because Weiss isn’t incapacitated she’s slightly winded at best. Also aura decreases stamina, not the other way around. Her being tired doesn’t prove in and of itself aura is gone.

If it drops stamina to incapacitation then the scene you are showing contradicts that because Weiss isn’t incapacitated she’s slightly winded at best. Also aura decreases stamina, not the other way around. Her being tired doesn’t prove in and of itself aura is gone.
The Apathy Grimm hard contradicts that sentiment my guy, RWBY nearly died to the apathy bcause their stamina was too low to keep up their aura despite them being well-rested beforehand

Also looking through the guidebook because i have it on hand, the writers make a point to directly point out speed amps in other fight scenes such as the fight against the Paladin but they do not stat that Ruby was sped amped in the nevermore fight, further solidifying the idea that Ruby was not being speed amped by Weiss

Also looking through the guidebook because i have it on hand, the writers make a point to directly point out speed amps in other fight scenes such as the fight against the Paladin but they do not stat that Ruby was sped amped in the nevermore fight, further solidifying the idea that Ruby was not being speed amped by Weiss
This is shaky at best because it's proof by omission which is very hard to prove.

This is shaky at best because it's proof by omission which is very hard to prove.
How so? They directly point out speed amps in other scenes but do not point it out in the nevermore scene, describing it as just Weiss giving Ruby traction on the cliffside. Plus her not speed amping Ruby is consistent with her glyphs only beig able to have one property at a time, if she were using a velocity glyph she couldnt stick Ruby to the wall

This is Volume 1 RWBY we're talking about. They didn't even have character models for bystanders until Volume 2. There's absolutely no way we can prove it's an intentional thing or an animation/continuity error unless crwby actually speaks up about it specifically.

This is Volume 1 RWBY we're talking about. They didn't even have character models for bystanders until Volume 2. There's absolutely no way we can prove it's an intentional thing or an animation/continuity error unless crwby actually speaks up about it specifically.
They...did. Its literally from the guidebook that they wrote

And again, arguing that she was sped amped ignores the entire mechanics of weiss' glyphs as wll as th WoG of the CRWBY

That is not a scan for Weiss speed amping Yang, it literally says the Bumblebee tactics end with a speed boosted Yang, not Freezer Burn

You're saying that CRWBY needs to acknowledge every single speed amp for it to be canon? If our rules were that rigid, tons of stuff should be removed from the RWBY pages.

The point is that CRWBY pointing out one instance of speed amp does not invalidate another instance of speed amp if it's not stated.

You're saying that CRWBY needs to acknowledge every single speed amp for it to be canon? If our rules were that rigid, tons of stuff should be removed from the RWBY pages.
When a speed amp being in the scne contradicts what actually happened in the scene as well as a core mechanic of one of the character's abilities, yes.
The point is that CRWBY pointing out one instance of speed amp does not invalidate another instance of speed amp if it's not stated.
It not stated to be a speed amp in the scene either sooooo

And if it were a speed amp Ruby wouldnt be able to stick to the wall as Weiss' glyphs can only have one property at a time and sticking her to the wall was the property sooooo

You'd have to substantiate that.
Her glyph disappearing would both, mean she did literally nothing and might as well should not even have been there, and contradicts the very little information the guide book tells us.

Also the glyphs only being able to do one thing at a time isn’t stated anywhere. Weekly said it was in the guide book but when I read the guidebook on her glyphs section I didn’t see that anywhere.

Her glyph disappearing would both, mean she did literally nothing and might as well should not even have been there, and contradicts the very little information the guide book tells us.

Also the glyphs only being able to do one thing at a time isn’t stated anywhere. Weekly said it was in the guide book but when I read the guidebook on her glyphs section I didn’t see that anywhere.
Again, if you have any instance of her glyphs being able to have more than one property at the same time by all means post it

Firstly I never said anything about them disappearing. I don't think they need to disappear for the argument to work anyway.

You are correct that they DO NOT say one thing at a time. But if you properly read then you understand the context of the statement is in reference to the Glyph types with dust. So when its listing its abilities its in reference to dust applications.

But it says the traction, acceleration, and the other thing in the same sentence. While her other glyph abilities are vastly different. Like summoning and time manipulation are done through glyphs and listed separately, and are clearly separate things. The traction one is a property of movement like all the other applications of the glyph listed.

Though I don't see the argument here.... Weiss helps Ruby run up a cliff. Even if she's increasing her speed...Ruby would need the physical capability to withstand that force otherwise her body would breakdown. At the very least her arms would be damaged or broken.

This should be fairly rudimentary. The only way to don't attribute the act of "lifting" to Ruby alone is if you believe Weiss was making her body stronger or something.

But it says the traction, acceleration, and the other thing in the same sentence. While her other glyph abilities are vastly different. Like summoning and time manipulation are done through glyphs and listed separately, and are clearly separate things. The traction one is a property of movement like all the other applications of the glyph listed.
Yes, those are individual proprties she can give her glyphs but she cannot give them all properties at the same time, she has to actively choose which one she wants them to be

It doesn't. Read. The beginning clearly states she uses them simultaneously and "blurrs" the line.

I can get a clearer scan if necessary
latest.png

It says she uses her weapon and semblances at the same time. What does that have to do with what property of the glyphs she can use at certain times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back