• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe there's even argument that Weiss did anything to help Ruby in terms of lifting. Its even in the guidebook iirc.

Rose Petals don't inherently equal Petal Burst. Just like red eyes don't always mean Burn is active.

Is Ruby using her semblance when she standing on the cliff in episode 8?

@WeeklyBattles That’s you blocking the punch, that’s not lifting strength at all dude, that’s a durability feat at best if you can block the punch.

That feat is stated that he’s pushing the weight back, that’s not a punching feat equated to lifting strength.

Calm down weekly, if you’re going to insult me then I’m just gonna ask someone else for proof.

I've already explained this to you but I guess I have to again: Ruby using her gun to increase her speed would make her lifting strength greater as it would increase the amount of force pulling against her as well.
No it wouldn't, the gun is firing outwards, the recoil would be working with her in that scenario. Why would Ruby fire in the opposite direction when the intent is to not only hurt the Nevermore but drag it upwards to decapitate it? You suggesting what she was doing would only hinder herself is you going against her intelligence in that scenario and contradicting what the scene shows.

I can't believe there's even argument that Weiss did anything to help Ruby in terms of lifting.
The glyphs are there after all, are we going to pretend they aren't?

The glyphs are there after all, are we going to pretend they aren't?
Th glyphs didnt enhance her strength all the did was stick her to a vertical surface as Ruby doesnt have the ability to break physics by running up sheer surfaces. They werent even Weiss' speed amping glyphs they were he normal white glphys.

Can you show the difference between glyphs? Because they all look the same and almost every time they’re used it’s always to amp one’s speed through time dilation.

Th glyphs didnt enhance her strength all the did was stick her to a vertical surface as Ruby doesnt have the ability to break physics by running up sheer surfaces. They werent even Weiss' speed amping glyphs they were he normal white glphys.
Where are you grasping that I'm saying they are enhancing her strength? I'm saying the glyphs are physically aiding her by propelling her forward because she cannot manually carry the Nevermore on her own.

From Weiss's page:

"--but she often uses her Glyphs for propulsion, as they can control motion, with the basic Glyph type exerting push forces on other objects and acting as a solid surface."

"Weiss can stand on this Glyph, using it as a platform for various acrobatic movements, including breaking a free-fall and quickly reversing her motion by kicking off of it mid-air, as well as accelerating objects both through the air and over surfaces."

She doesn't need to use time glyphs to speed up Ruby's actions, I have never said that, I am saying she is being manually accelerated and propelled across a distance because she can't carry the Nevermore on her own at all.

She doesn't need to use time glyphs to speed up Ruby's actions, I have never said that, I am saying she is being manually accelerated and propelled across a distance because she can't carry the Nevermore on her own at all.
Proof that she cant carry it on her own? I dont see how moving fast = cant carry it on her own

Can you show the difference between glyphs? Because they all look the same and almost every time they’re used it’s always to amp one’s speed through time dilation.
Weiss has multiple different glyphs. White glyphs have the property of attraction, sticking people to walls and creating midair platforms. Black glyphs are gravity, propelling things away, light blue are ice, creating, well, ice, red is fire, blue is hard light which creatd forcefields and shoots lasers, yellow is time dilation. The yellow ones amp speed, white ones just allow sticking to walls

Proof that she cant carry it on her own? I dont see how moving fast = cant carry it on her own
Her being propelled by glyphs and Crescent Rose (the gun that she can use to achieve pseudo-Flight) are assisting her greatly, which should be enough reason to anyone that it isn't indicative of her actual strength.

Prove that she can carry it on her own, because that scene isn't showcasing that.

Her being propelled by glyphs and Crescent Rose (the gun that she can use to achieve pseudo-Flight) are assisting her greatly, which should be enough reason to anyone that it isn't indicative of her actual strength.

Prove that she can carry it on her own, because that scene isn't showcasing that.
No my dude you need to prove that she cant because even Word of God says that she can and that the scene in question was showcasing her doing it on her own, and that sh wasnt proplled by the glyphs

@WeeklyBattles That’s you blocking the punch, that’s not lifting strength at all dude, that’s a durability feat at best if you can block the punch.
Pushing back against an amount of force is a lifting strength feat.
That feat is stated that he’s pushing the weight back, that’s not a punching feat equated to lifting strength.
Pushing is literally stated in the lifting strength page as qualifying for lifting strength

No my dude you need to prove that she cant because even Word of God says that she can and that the scene in question was showcasing her doing it on her own
The guidebook not reciting the entirety of functions by heart is not a rebuttal, glyphs provide traction, yes, but they also do other things, it doesn't suddenly mean they don't based on a summary of a scene, the fact someone neutral on the outside of things can watch the scene and grasp those concepts should be enough evidence for you.

Last edited:
Weiss uses the white glyphs here and it amps her speed doing it

that… still says Weiss helped her via traction on the wall, and again the Gun is still aiding her in that scene. She’s not doing this by herself she’s doing it with others helping her.

where is she pushing against the paladin? She just stops his punch. Do you have any statements that she’s pushing back the paladin there or no?

how does that debunk my point when I just said that?

that… still says Weiss helped her via traction on the wall, and again the Gun is still aiding her in that scene. She’s not doing this by herself she’s doing it with others helping her.
Yah, traction, becaus Ruby was running up a 90 degree wall. Ruby doesnt hav the ability to stick to walls my dude, that doesnt change the fact that she listef the nevermore with her own strength.
where is she pushing against the paladin? She just stops his punch. Do you have any statements that she’s pushing back the paladin there or no?
How else does one stop an incoming amount of force my dude?

Yatsuhashi and Weiss' Arma Gigas also both pushed back against the punches of Paladins
Which feat are you referring to? The Paladin feat comes from the mech having a calculated punch force of 39960508.7749 Newtons

The guidebook not reciting the entirety of functions by heart is not a rebuttal, glyphs provide traction, yes, but they also do other things, it doesn't suddenly mean they don't based on a summary of a scene,
1. The guidebook literally gave the entire play by play of the writers and animators building the nevermore fight scene

2. Your making a pretty massive assumption that all of Weiss' white glyphs amp speed when the show, the guiebook, and even her own profile on the wiki say otherwise.
the fact someone neutral on the outside of things can watch the scene and grasp those concepts should be enough evidence for you.
You would need to prove that it was amping her speed whn every source that exists around this fight says that it didnt, and then you''d need to have reasoning for why amping her speed would even matter when it wouldnt affect ruby's lifting strength

so you ignored my point on how a white glyph was used to amp her speed? You do realize that shoots your argument in the foot right?

By blocking it? You can just block an incoming attack to stop it if you’re strong enough to withstand the blow.

Yatsuhashi failed to push it back and was knocked back at the end so that’s not really viable to use there.

the All Might feat you brought up, he’s blatantly pushing it back as opposed to merely blocking it.

If I had lesser lifting strength but higher AP then my opponent would I be able to catch a direct punch? This is what answers that entire point.

(I haven't watched the scene in-question because I can't drag myself through RWBY, only small sections of it, and Grimgor vs Yang made me hate the series even more because I had to watch a lot of it)

so you ignored my point on how a white glyph was used to amp her speed? You do realize that shoots your argument in the foot right?
It can amp her speed, but its not an innate ability of her white glyphs. So no, i dont see how that shoots my argument in the foot, but i doo see how it means you would need to prove that it was amping Ruby's speed when the people who made the scene and wrote the show said it wasnt.
By blocking it? You can just block an incoming attack to stop it if you’re strong enough to withstand the blow.
Thing is she didnt just block it, she caught it and pushed back against it
Yatsuhashi failed to push it back and was knocked back at the end so that’s not really viable to use there.
Doesnt matter, he still pushed back against it for several seconds. Unless you want to downgrade people like Metal Gear's Raiden then its a legitimate feat to use.
the All Might feat you brought up, he’s blatantly pushing it back as opposed to merely blocking it.
Yand was pushing back against it as well, so ways Yatsu and so was the Gigas

1. The guidebook literally gave the entire play by play of the writers and animators building the nevermore fight scene
The scan you gave us was a summary of the scene, that doesn't equate to "every fine detail explained".

2. Your making a pretty massive assumption that all of Weiss' white glyphs amp speed when the show, the guiebook, and even her own profile on the wiki say otherwise.
Stop saying this and read what I wrote you. I have not once stated the basic glyphs amplify speed, not once. What I have said is that the glyphs take part in acceleration themselves, Ruby is not moving faster because she's being amplified, she's moving faster due to propulsion and being physically accelerated in the way you'd be if someone was actively pushing you forward, which the Weiss's profile even states that they do. I even quoted this to you.

Acceleration does not equate to amplification.

You would need to prove that it was amping her speed whn every source that exists around this fight says that it didnt, and then you''d need to have reasoning for why amping her speed would even matter when it wouldnt affect ruby's lifting strength
If only amplifying her speed was my argument, I'd love to defeat this argument that isn't mine at all.

"Every source" except the actual material showcasing what is happening.

It’s literally the same color glyphs and she’s using that in volume 3 to amp her speed, that alone shoots your argument in the foot.

she didn’t push back, she punched the robot’s arm off.

That’s irrelevant when he couldn’t hold his ground enough to push it back, by that logic Captain America would scale to Thanos in infinity war just because he held his hand for a few seconds before being tossed aside.

no she punched it, there’s no pushback in that clip, just her pushing the robot back. Also why are you bringing up the Gigas when that does not scale to Weiss physically? That’s just applicable to the summon itself, not Weiss.

Weiss uses the white glyphs here and it amps her speed doing it

The white glyphs can add or reduce traction. That's why she sometimes runs on them but for obvious reasons, it wouldn't work against gravity.

Here

Here too

The second one looks more like making a platform for her to walk in the air than affecting traction since she’s well… not on the ground to begin with.

One value of LS is just wrong due to the calc in-question being multiplied like AP. The others are Raiden's own feats that are kind of obviously LS.

Please check thy comparison before making it.
I was referring to the feat of Raiden pushing that giant submarine for a few seconds and then getting crushed by it. RWBY at this point has almost a dozen feats on or around this level as well so

If you’re not touching the ground when standing on the glyphs then that defeats the point of traction as that requires you to be on the ground to begin with.

If you’re not touching the ground when standing on the glyphs then that defeats the point of traction as that requires you to be on the ground to begin with.
Not really, the white glyphs themselves hav the property of attraction, its how theyre able to be used as midair platforms and even work to support Weiss standing on them placed vertically and even upside-down

The scan you gave us was a summary of the scene, that doesn't equate to "every fine detail explained".
It ltierallt states that all Weiss' glyphs did was give Ruby traction to run up the wall, not that it amped her sped or somehow made her stronger
Stop saying this and read what I wrote you. I have not once stated the basic glyphs amplify speed, not once. What I have said is that the glyphs take part in acceleration themselves, Ruby is not moving faster because she's being amplified, she's moving faster due to propulsion and being physically accelerated in the way you'd be if someone was actively pushing you forward, which the Weiss's profile even states that they do. I even quoted this to you.
And i said they dont, because they mechanically dont. She is not being physically accelerated by anything, thats just a random assumption youre making basd off of a non-standard application of Weiss' glyphs, an application which was dirctly stated to have not been used in this scene.
Acceleration does not equate to amplification.
Then why do you keep bringing it up as though it somehow invalidates Ruby lifting the nevermore?
If only amplifying her speed was my argument, I'd love to defeat this argument that isn't mine at all.
Seeing as its the only thing you seem to be arguing about its pretty clear that it is your argument.
"Every source" except the actual material showcasing what is happening.
The material isnt showing her being speed amped either. I'd love for you to point out where its stated or demonstrated that she is being speed amped. Please, do show it.

Im just gonna leave the glyph stuff out for now,
does anyone disagree that ruby was using her rifle to help propel upwards?

I mean it wouldn’t make sense for the animators having her do that if they didn’t believe it was helping her in someway. She would just be blindly wasting ammo for no reason if it didn’t help.

I’m not sure how much that would discredit the calc, I feel like she would be in the same ballpark as the feat if that’s the only thing.

Though I don’t think the guide book was being super specific about that scene, it just seems like a general summary. I personally think the glyphs would be helping her out, since they have powers that can help her out, and it wouldn’t make sense for Weiss to just not use them. Especially since Ruby came up with the plan so having her teammate help her slightly more would be more logical then assuming Weiss just stopped helping after sticking her to the wall.

However I generally don’t care all that much about the lifting strength, especially since practically nobody in Ruby is a grappler anyways.

I mean it wouldn’t make sense for the animators having her do that if they didn’t believe it was helping her in someway. She would just be blindly wasting ammo for no reason if it didn’t help.

I’m not sure how much that would discredit the calc, I feel like she would be in the same ballpark as the feat if that’s the only thing.

Though I don’t think the guide book was being super specific about that scene, it just seems like a general summary. I personally think the glyphs would be helping her out, since they have powers that can help her out, and it wouldn’t make sense for Weiss to just not use them. Especially since Ruby came up with the plan so having her teammate help her slightly more would be more logical then assuming Weiss just stopped helping after sticking her to the wall.

However I generally don’t care all that much about the lifting strength, especially since practically nobody in Ruby is a grappler anyways.
Rwby generally isn't very consistent IMO, so Weiss just using ammo like that definitely isn't implausible. That's my two scents, don't listen to me.

I was referring to Ruby when it comes to using the ammo. Like why would she fire her gun while dragging the creature if it wasn’t doing anything.

it was rhetorical, pretty sure it was to help lift the bird considering how she fights in the earlier season atleast i stopped after monty oum passed rip
she uses her rifle to amp speed see werewolfs trailer or against the henchman
the glyph however im neutral kinda leaning agree with weiss amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back