• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY General Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
This is a revision thread that more or less covers all my problems and gripes with the current RWBY scaling. I will preface this by saying that the previous thread was not concluded in its entirety. However, it had gone on for 6 pages and was being derailed towards the end so I will include the last revision from that thread in this one.

The Queen Lancer
A point to be carried over from the previous thread. As of right now, the Haven Arc key for all pages scales to 8-A. The feat that got this tier as written on the pages was staggering the Atlesian Colossus. However, in the previous thread, this feat was deemed unusable for calcing and was set to be replaced with another calc. For clarity, I will explain how this new calculation got to 8-A. The calculation was for the feat of Weiss blowing up the side of a cliff with 3 fireballs of Dust. The result of that calculation was High 8-C+. Now the assumption was that a single canister of Dust would at the bare minimum need to hold enough Dust to store High 8-C+ worth of explosive power. This snowballs into a later feat of the Queen Lancer being able to take around 13 boxes of Dust exploding in her face, each box at the very least holding 5 canisters of red Dust. Using that as a direct multiplication in power, we arrive at 8-A.

Now, since then another calculation has surfaced that puts the explosion at 8-C. Not only does that put the above multiplier into question, but I would also like to bring up the fact that we don't do direct multiplication of power through the manual assessment of feats. That is to say, if a single object exploding gives us a set value, we don't multiply that value by however many objects we can count on screen. Not only does doing that set a bad precedent, but it can also sometimes be highly inaccurate. The best we can do is add an "At least <Insert Tier>, likely higher".

As such, I think that Haven Arc characters should get their 8-A tier removed, and a replacement tier should be discussed. I'm thinking At least High 8-C+, likely higher.

Class K
This is a concern brought up by @Abstractions and I am simply an intermediary regarding this point. As such it would be best if Abstractions herself could expand upon her gripes with this rating. Based on what she explained to me, early series characters should not have a Class K rating. She brings up the following quote:

"Weiss' default Glyph allows her to create a seemingly solid force, allowing Weiss to push whatever is within their influence. This Glyph usually appears white or pale blue. Weiss can stand on this Glyph, using it as a platform for various acrobatic movements, including breaking a free-fall and quickly reversing her motion by kicking off of it mid-air, as well as accelerating objects both through the air and over surfaces."

Given this, Abstractions goes on to say that "At the beginning of the scene where Ruby kills the Nevermore Weiss starts with a gravity glyph that Ruby is then propelled, she lines the wall with these and they are listed to accelerate objects which Ruby capitalizes on. Ruby is also firing Crescent Rose outwards, a gun with a recoil powerful enough to launch her, and uses it further propel herself up the cliff. And then at the end we see a burst of petals, indicating she also tapped into her semblance during this. It's not indicative of her true strength, but [REDACTED] would deny what's on Weiss's page and that Ruby can't use Crescent Rose at all with her Semblance, yet there being clips of her doing so on her page."

I agree with the sentiment above and think it should be discussed in further detail.

Aura Durability
This is a very arbitrary thing, but apparently every character's Aura is 4x their base durability. This is from a direct statement by @WeeklyBattles himself so I'm opening this section up for him to defend this point.

Personally I feel like Aura being able to tank anything agregiously above the characters' AP is outrageous to say the least. Things like scaling Yang's Aura to Vine's nuke containing feat when she got her Aura one-shotted by Neo raises eyebrows for me.

That should be all for now. Although there is also an ongoing thread about downgrading the cast's Lifting Strength to Class M. I think that conversation can be ported over to this thread if the OP so wishes.

Will reply to this when I get home from work but we currently have a dozen or so calcs ranging from class 25 to class k for the beacon arc alone and I wrote up an entire explanation blog for aura durability mechanics

Also that other thread is about downgrading the class M lifting strengrh that was added from the previous thread, not downgrading to class M

I also don’t think the multiplier works in and of itself. Bombs yields increase when you add more materials because all of it would be a singular object that explodes all at once. Meanwhile these crates a ton of separate explosives. They would explode at different times, from different places. If two grenades explode on both sides of you, you wouldn’t scale to the yield of both grenades you would just need to be able to survive one grenade since they are seperate explosions. It’s like tanking two punches at once, you don’t need to be stronger than the combine power of both, if you can survive one you will survive the other.

Though it doesn’t matter anyways because the explosion itself contradicts this multiplier hard. This multiplier is also never stated or even implied in the show so there being a 100 times multiplier coming purely from us would be massively disingenuous.

Last edited:
I also don’t think the multiplier works in and of itself. Bombs yields increase when you add more materials because all of it would be a singular object that explodes all at once. Meanwhile these crates a ton of separate explosives. They would explode at different times, from different places. If two grenades explode on both sides of you, you wouldn’t scale to the yield of both grenades you would just need to be able to survive one grenade since they are seperate explosions. It’s like tanking two punches at once, you don’t need to be stronger than the combine power of both, if you can survive one you will survive the other.

Though it doesn’t matter anyways because the explosion itself contradicts this multiplier hard. This multiplier is also never stated or even implied in the show so there being a 100 times multiplier coming purely from us would be massively disingenuous.
A single canister has 8-B levels of explosives in it. The lancer was hit with a bare minimum of 5 and a maximum of 65

It’s high 8-C, and explosives weren’t even all that connected to begin with. The lancer doesn’t need to tank the total energy they need to tank the individual explosions since this isn’t one massive bomb, even in the feat most the explosions appear to be somewhat separate from each other.

Also the feat itself doesn’t match the multiplier. When character scaling doesn’t match multipliers we chuck the multiplier out, so we shouldn’t count the multiplier here either as the feat itself contradicts it.

Them being 8-B is perfectly fine. I’m all for that. Especially since many of the semblances would also put them in this tier. I also would be fine with 8-A, if they have a legit 8-A feat but they don’t. 8-A comes from either: scaling to something that one shots someone that stomps them, or a ridiculously 100 times multiplier that is never stated and contradicted by what is shown, and now by what is stated because by statements it (Arma) would be 8-B.

You calced the feat and got 8-C+. You cannot in good faith say that the Queen Lancer is 8-A anymore.

I’m in agreement with the downgrade for the Class K lifting strength downgrade, don’t understand why something that required 3 amps at once is even scalable to normal lifting strength for the cast.

same for the queen lancer downgrade, if the newer calc of that feat went to High 8-C+ instead of 8-A that doesn’t back up this ludicrous multiplier argument at all. Not to mention that’s not how explosions work to begin with so count me in on that.

Unless there’s any flat out statements that Aura is 3X stronger, that argument shouldn’t be made.

Also agree on the class M downgrade, that’s like scaling every X men to magneto’s telekinesis lifting strength.

I’m in agreement with the downgrade for the Class K lifting strength downgrade, don’t understand why something that required 3 amps at once is even scalable to normal lifting strength for the cast.

same for the queen lancer downgrade, if the newer calc of that feat went to High 8-C+ instead of 8-A that doesn’t back up this ludicrous multiplier argument at all. Not to mention that’s not how explosions work to begin with so count me in on that.

Unless there’s any flat out statements that Aura is 3X stronger, that argument shouldn’t be made.

Also agree on the class M downgrade, that’s like scaling every X men to magneto’s telekinesis lifting strength.
Because it didnt require three amps, no amps were used for Ruby's nevermore feat

Queen Lancer is 8-B now

There are multiple actually, as will be shown in my blog

No one is scaling to telekinesis my guy, they have multiple Class M physical feats

Ruby’s gun recoil, weiss’ semblance AND Ruby’s semblance was all needed in order to do that feat. It’s 3 separate amps required for the feat.

Not according to the page or the calcs you’ve made that were accepted.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Which one’s exactly cause I’ve heard some contentious arguments on them scaling to those feats to begin with.

Ruby’s gun recoil, weiss’ semblance AND Ruby’s semblance was all needed in order to do that feat. It’s 3 separate amps required for the feat.

Not according to the page or the calcs you’ve made that were accepted.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Which one’s exactly cause I’ve heard some contentious arguments on them scaling to those feats to begin with.
I've already explained this to you but I guess I have to again: Ruby using her gun to increase her speed would make her lifting strength greater as it would increase the amount of force pulling against her as well. Ruby did not use her semblance as she is physically incapable of doing so while also wielding her weapon, and all Weiss' glyphs did was stick her to the wall, not increase her strength or speed.

According to this very thread it is.

Mkay, give it a few hours for me to get home and you will.

Penny pulling the bullhead out of the sky, yang and yatsuhashi stopping the force of a Paladin's punch, nora throwing yang 20+ kikometers into the sky, velvet ripping a 200+ foot long Blind Worm in half with her hands, etc.

I’m in agreement with the Lifting Strength and Aura downgrades for the time being
I advise waiting for an actual argument to be made before agreeing or disagreeing, I have an entire blog about why aura durability and its mechanics is legitimate and numerous feats that support class k lifting strengrh

Class K is possible, but not due to the Ruby feat. That weird RWBY Superman guy has a class K feat, so if people scale to him that’s fine.

I have nothing to say about the Queen Lancer

Class M is so far a single feat that probably takes a wiki wide CRT to accept since I have never seen it be used for LS before. And the method that grants it tends to give inflated as heck results.

4x Aura needs to be substantiated somehow, I don’t see why it’s there.

Class K is possible, but not due to the Ruby feat. That weird RWBY Superman guy has a class K feat, so if people scale to him that’s fine.

I have nothing to say about the Queen Lancer

Class M is so far a single feat that probably takes a wiki wide CRT to accept since I have never seen it be used for LS before. And the method that grants it tends to give inflated as heck results.

4x Aura needs to be substantiated somehow, I don’t see why it’s there.
Dude theres like four class K feats in the first three seasons and theres no reason whatsoever to not use Ruby's feat

There are currently three class M feats, all of which are used widely throughout the wiki so I dont see what you're talking about

4x aura will be explained when I post my blog

Dude theres like four class K feats in the first three seasons and theres no reason whatsoever to not use Ruby's feat

There are currently three class M feats, all of which are used widely throughout the wiki so I dont see what you're talking about

4x aura will be explained when I post my blog
Drop their blogs so I can see? Your sea dragon was rejected to scale to LS.

Which is the third one? I only know the Paladin Punch, which uses a method I don’t recall seeing before for LS, and Glynda, who no one scales to since it was through Telekinesis.

You just proved my point that she needs to use her gun’s recoil for her to pull off that feat. Also there being other feats in the series doesn’t automatically mean Ruby’s feat is legit when she needed outside help for her to pull off the wall drag on the Nevermore.

No it’s not, this thread is to downgrade that feat back to High 8-C, not 8-B.

how is the first and third feat remotely lifting strength worthy?

You just proved my point that she needs to use her gun’s recoil for her to pull off that feat. Also there being other feats in the series doesn’t automatically mean Ruby’s feat is legit when she needed outside help for her to pull off the wall drag on the Nevermore.

No it’s not, this thread is to downgrade that feat back to High 8-C, not 8-B.

how is the first and third feat remotely lifting strength worthy?
Except she doesnt? I never implied she needed it at all. And she didnt need help dragging it, what gives you the idea that she did?

I recommend actually reading the discussion beyond the op my guy, 8-B was accepted

Because the lifting strength page says it is?

Them being 8-B wasn’t for the calc (the calc being what everyone was referring to), them being 8-B could come from them scaling to the 3 times statement (the arma one, which you haven’t shown, you just said that statement exist), which wasn’t accepted by any staff.

That entire scene where she needed glyphs and recoil and her semblance proves it, give me clips and disprove my point right now instead of saying “she doesn’t”. If you won’t bother doing this then I don’t see a reason to continue this conversation any further.

no it wasn’t, both DMUA and Bambu questioned the calc and Bambu got High 8-C+ as a result, both of them being calc members btw so your argument is moot.

give me a quote from the lifting strength page right now where it says that. Cause nothing in the page from what I’ve seen says anything about stopping a punch counts for lifting strength.

The lancer being 8-B isn’t from the calc. I don’t know why Weekly phrased it the way he did or brought it up in reference to the calc, but doesn’t matter too much.

Also note Weekly says it is accepted, it isn’t.

The calc is High 8-C+ for a Dust Fireball.

8-B seems to be coming from the Gigas being 3x stronger than the Mech RWBY fought. If there’s an acceptable statement for that I think it should all be fine.

The LS is looking like a downgrade tho.

Are there literally any other feats where striking strength is used to find lifting strength? Or that method is used?
Considering the lifting strength flat out says you cannot scale lifting strength to striking strength I severely doubt there’s any, and if there is any on any pages then it shouldn’t be there.

That entire scene where she needed glyphs and recoil and her semblance proves it, give me clips and disprove my point right now instead of saying “she doesn’t”. If you won’t bother doing this then I don’t see a reason to continue this conversation any further.

no it wasn’t, both DMUA and Bambu questioned the calc and Bambu got High 8-C+ as a result, both of them being calc members btw so your argument is moot.

give me a quote from the lifting strength page right now where it says that. Cause nothing in the page from what I’ve seen says anything about stopping a punch counts for lifting strength.
She. Didnt. Need. Any of those. None of them increased her lifting strength. Last time I checked we didnt factor characters not being able to magically stick to sheer vertical surfaces as a point against a feat scaling to their lifting strength. And you keep saying ruby used her semblance when she canonically didnt and is canonically incapable of doing so in the scene in question. You're just repeating the same thing over and over again as though you know what you're talking about when its painfully obvious that you dont.

My argument is not moot as there are canon multipliers that put it at 8-B.

"Lifting Strength is defined as the mass that an individual can lift on Earth. In other words it measures the amount of upwards force a character can produce. As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic."

Pushing back against a mass is a feat that scales to lifting strength, which is what Yang and Yatsu did when they pushed back against the force of the paladins' punches. Theres even a section in the page's keys for lifting strength achieved by measuring newton's, that's how common feats like this are

Considering the lifting strength flat out says you cannot scale lifting strength to striking strength I severely doubt there’s any, and if there is any on any pages then it shouldn’t be there.
There are hundreds. If you dont like it then make a q&a thread questioning it because it's literally on the lifting strength feats page as a useable feat

you said they stopped the force of a punch, that is not lifting strength whatsoever.

give me examples since you love to claim there’s hundreds. Shouldn’t be too hard right?

Also she flat out needed them, if she didn’t why the hell did she need Weiss’ glyphs or her recoil to do it if she can do this naturally? Her rose petals being used in the scene shows she needed them. For someone who claims I don’t know what I’m talking about you sure do that a lot here when trying to argue 8-B got accepted.

give me the canon multipliers right now. Where was this said cause you lack scans to prove it. If you refuse to post scans at all then I’m not taking anything you say seriously.

When is stopping the force of a punch accepted as applicable to Lifting Strength several times on this wiki? Especially after that Lifting revision that made it so impacts don’t scale to LS anymore? Why would that change for stopping the impact? Shouldn’t they just be scaling to the mass of the Mech itself?

And again, why is your calc method applicable for Lifting Strength, and when has it been done before?

you said they stopped the force of a punch, that is not lifting strength whatsoever.

give me examples since you love to claim there’s hundreds. Shouldn’t be too hard right?
That is in fact lifting strength. Punches exert force, stopping said force is lifting strengrh.

Off the top of my head MHA uses it with All-Might having an identical feat

When is stopping the force of a punch accepted as applicable to Lifting Strength several times on this wiki? Especially after that Lifting revision that made it so impacts don’t scale to LS anymore? Why would that change for stopping the impact? Shouldn’t they just be scaling to the mass of the Mech itself?

And again, why is your calc method applicable for Lifting Strength, and when has it been done before?
It's beenthat way for years

Also she flat out needed them, if she didn’t why the hell did she need Weiss’ glyphs or her recoil to do it if she can do this naturally? Her rose petals being used in the scene shows she needed them. For someone who claims I don’t know what I’m talking about you sure do that a lot here when trying to argue 8-B got accepted.

give me the canon multipliers right now. Where was this said cause you lack scans to prove it. If you refuse to post scans at all then I’m not taking anything you say seriously.
Hey jackass, I told you several times I'm at work, be patient and cut the attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back