• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY 8-A Restoration

Dalesean027

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
This should be a pretty simple thread its basically fixing a mistake from this thread here that misinterpreted a calc therefore wrongfully removed scaling on a calc from the verse which just needs to be restore now. The calc itself is representing that a single case by itself was 8-A. Rusty has said as much (he also literally did the calc) and Chariot agreed to that, this is what the CRT misunderstood. We thought it was representing that the overall explosion was 8-A not that a single case was 8-A, literally just a fundamental misunderstanding of the calc itself so this again as said previous is moreso just a restoration of the previous ratings.

IDK what happened with it, but I did speak to Chariot about the calculation back in July. He seemed alright with the 8-A scaling to the Queen Lancer.

I feel like there is confusion regarding the calc. People seem to think all of the cases exploding was 8-A, which is wrong. A single case is worth 8-A, I didn't know how to factor in those multiple explosions. The Queen Lancer wouldn't even scale to the full explosive energy of all the cases combined.

But I believed a single case explosion is acceptable, which is the 8-A value I got above.

If there was another issue I'm unaware of it as I've not been keeping track. But it felt like people were still misunderstanding this so I wanted to clear this part up.

There was also previously some concern whether or not we treat simultaneous explosives packed together in a case the way they are here as a combined overall yield and in a case like this it was determined that this is fine as well.

TDLR: Previous rating was removed from a misunderstanding and is fine to keep

Weiss throws out 9 fireballs in total during the fight with the Queen Lancer, and she only has one canister of fire dust and she never reloads during the battle. Assuming Weiss emptied her canister with those nine fireballs, the combined energy of all the fire dust in that canister would equal 6.93 x 9 = 62.37 Tons.

This is from the calc you mentioned. So no. It isn't 8-A.

It's 8-B+

And even then there are a couple of assumptions that sound weird so no.

By the looks of it there are 11 of those things

So 62.37 Tons*5 = 311.85

311.85*10 = 3118.5 Tons

3118.5+ 62.37 = 3180.87 Tons

So by this logic it would be small town.

one @Sinpokefan please don't spam post you literally have no reason to do that, two
Weiss throws out 9 fireballs in total during the fight with the Queen Lancer, and she only has one canister of fire dust and she never reloads during the battle. Assuming Weiss emptied her canister with those nine fireballs, the combined energy of all the fire dust in that canister would equal 6.93 x 9 = 62.37 Tons.

This is from the calc you mentioned. So no. It isn't 8-A.

It's 8-B+

And even then there are a couple of assumptions that sound weird so no.
As an extra. Weiss doesn't throw one of those canisters. She throws a bunch of packages with each of them having those canisters. (4:43)
buddy you took that straight from the calc which means one vile of fire dust in total is 62.37 Tons, in just one case there are 4 of those viles of fire dust hence the 62.37 x 4 = 249.48 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level) rating we get in the calc. that literally is what the calc is doing is the total yield of one of those cases which has 4 viles of fire dust. You too seem to be misunderstanding something or not knowing how this works? idk you're not really saying anything substantial

By the looks of it there are 11 of those things

So 62.37 Tons*5 = 311.85

311.85*10 = 3118.5 Tons

3118.5+ 62.37 = 3180.87 Tons

So by this logic it would be small town.
No in the thread it was determined not all of those cases exploded on it at the same time and they were all pretty spaced out so the lancer only scales to one case worth of the dust which contains 4 vials of fire dust which again in 8-A.

please make sure you know what you're talking about before clogging the thread with spam post

Back