• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rumia's Enhanced Senses

Hi everyone. It's been a while, hasn't it?

Recently, I was having a conversation about Touhou with a friend and they brought up an interesting point. Whilst searching through the official texts to see if it had any merit, I actually found something about Rumia not listed on this wiki. In Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red, Aya writes a newspaper report on Rumia and proceeds to interview her after publification. Inside the slightly-less-dark-than-usual darkness that surrounds Rumia, Aya hands Rumia the paper which she proceeds to read. What's interesting about this is that she can read it just fine whilst Aya states she cannot even read her notebook. This should mean she has better perception than Aya. Whilst you could argue Rumia had more time to adjust to the dark, I don't believe this holds water as the two have been talking for quite a while now, giving Aya ample time to adjust her eyes. Also, notice how Rumia says she is letting in a little light, hence why she can see here but will bump into trees in the usual pitch black.

This can actually be backed up by her very introduction. In Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Rumia is surprised Reimu cannot see very well, with Reimu admitting humans have poor eyesight compared to her. Whilst Rumia offers a little counter which Reimu seems a little salty about, implying Reimu might have been generalising her own eyesight to all humans, I think it should still be considered, as to say Reimu has poor eyesight is a little weird considering how much she has to dodge danmaku and the like, even in low lighting like this stage.

So yeah, I believe Rumia should have Enhanced Senses for having better eyesight than Aya and(/or?) Reimu, as well as possibly humans in general.

Is somebody willing to perform the change?

Okay, I applied the changes.

Thank you for your approval, Ant (as well as everyone else).

I tried to word it nicely, but if anyone would prefer a change in wording, please feel free to do so.

Thanks, and no problem. The edit seems fine to me.

Back