• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Reimu Hakurei CRT (Touhou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea

In case more evidence of mid-godly is needed, Yuuma, a youkai, was able to regenerate after Flandre erased her and was said to be "a completely different individual", Kasen recovered after Reimu thought there was nothing left of her (there was an arm left, but that's actually a completely separate person and not the "main" Kasen), and all youkai could regen from Tenshi absorbing and destroying everybody's spirit in SWR.

Even without mid-godly this is still a regen negation feat though :v

it's just one power and it's pretty straightforward, it should be okay to apply... but I don't mind waiting a little longer.

No Touhou expert, but actually I do have problems with this

From what I read of Kasen's, Remilia's, and Suika they have this listed

"Mid-Godly; Youkai are able to recover from bodily destruction, despite being made of Spirit[37][38]. They can also quickly recover from their Spirit being drained or destroyed. Mid-High against spiritual attacks; Can regenerate from being reduced to mist"

"Mid-Godly; Youkai are able to recover from bodily destruction, despite being made of Spirit[34][35]. They can also quickly recover from their Spirit being drained or destroyed. Mid against spiritual attacks; Can regenerate from just her head)"

Basically the Fortune Teller died that is all as he didn't have the secondary regen to survive like the former three characters above

I don't understand, Fortune-Teller ≠ Kasen, Suika and Remilia, all Youkai have Mid-Godly accepted in the profiles, the Youkai race type of those three have this spefic weakness... different from 99% of the rest of the cast. Even so, I didn't see Reimu perform any spiritual or hax attacks on him, Reimu just physically hit him in the head and he died.

And to be honest, most youkai also have resistance to spirit attacks (via surviving Tenshi's spirit hax) and can also regenerate the spirit in seconds on the Spirit Manipulation page, everything is accepted in the profiles, I don't remember where this weakness in the regen of those 3 characters come from (actually 5, Flandre and Yuugi also count) but if this weakness keeps contradicting itself, we better just discard it.

Reimu killing him with melee doesn't mean she didn't have spiritual energy infused in her attacks to kill him and he died because he doesn't have Regen

also all most all of the characters have
"Mid-Godly; Youkai are able to recover from bodily destruction, despite being made of Spirit[62][63]. They can also quickly recover from their Spirit being drained or destroyed"

but have is vulnerable to spiritual damage weakness section. The characters I listed being "different from 99% of the rest of the cast." is not a weakness to them it's currently listed as a strength only for them as opposed to everyone else. Tenshi as it stands would just keep support the idea of

"Mid-Godly; Youkai are able to recover from bodily destruction, despite being made of Spirit[62][63]. They can also quickly recover from their Spirit being drained or destroyed"

that the profile has

Again, although all are Youkai, the Youkai race has subgroups, Fortune Teller is not an Oni/Vampire Youkai to have: "Mid-High against spiritual attacks; Can regenerate from being reduced to mist or Mid against spiritual attacks; Can regenerate from just her head" he IS a Jinyou.

I can go on any profile other than these 5 and they all have the full regen even with the weakness against spiritual attacks. the Mid-High/Mid Regen is specific to those 5 characters (with that subgroup) and doesn't scale to the others, they might be weak against it but so what? they regenerate or resist spirit attacks. At worst, it is still Regen Negation for Reimu.

If nothing new comes along, I'll leave that to anyone who wants to keep answering.

Again

"I can go on any profile other than these 5 and they all have the full regen even with the weakness against spiritual attacks. the Mid-High/Mid Regen is specific to those 5 characters (with that subgroup)"

My retort

"The characters I listed being "different from 99% of the rest of the cast." is not a weakness to them it's currently listed as a strength only for them as opposed to everyone else."

They don't full regen because the profile assume you'd actually know of it if you went and read other ones and read the weakness section.

It would as even Alice has the "She is also vulnerable to spiritual attacks."

First and foremost, the thing about vampires and Oni having lower forms of regen is kinda bullshit just on premise alone. The source for mid regen for vampires is this, which doesn't imply any weakness to spiritual attacks. Just an upper limit for their regen (which isn't even accurate to begin with since we literally see Remilia have higher degrees of regen in SSiB, also mentioned in IaMP). Not sure what the source for oni having that weakness is, though.

Secondly, "spiritual attacks" is an extremely vague term, but per Akyuu's own words, it is things like "named" attacks, or weapons with an origin (which is still vague). Point being, neither of those things actually apply to Reimu, or any other kind of attacks that affect the "spirit" directly. We can see this put into practice in Double Spoiler, where Aya's camera deals spiritual damage but doesn't neg youkai regen, or even bother them that much (it is literally as effective against youkai as it is against humans). So, "spiritual attacks" =/= "attacks that damage the spirit", as stupid as that sounds.

TL;DR: None of what you cited on our profiles is even accurate in the first place.

Anyways please don't continue to bother me with this shit since IRL stuff is back on the sigma grindset (ie; eternal suffering worthy of the 9th layer of hell)

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara ok bud I wish I could resolve this without it being a bother, but unfortunately that not how this works.

Ok also can't believe you guys are forcing to look through the entire Touhou thread history

The upgrade thread that started it all and reason for this

"It is stated that not only do Youkai possess high levels of Regenerationn, that it is the point where even physical weapons of any kind are useless against them, requiring spiritual weaponry to be efficient. Additionally, it's stated that the core of a youkai, is not their physical body but their "mind".
Not only this, but most youkai don't show fear of death, since they will simply be "reborn", and if they can't, they'll turn into a phantom, further supporting the idea that physical damage is nearly useless against youkai. This would mean that, barring Rinnosuke, all youkai (Even Patchy and Alice) and half youkai (In this case, Keine and Kagerou) receive Low-Godly Regenerationn against physical attacks.

This would also apply to the beast youkai, as despite their difficulty regenerating their bodies if they're destroyed, they can still do so. Difficult =/= Impossible.

However, the only person that's shown Regenerationn even to spiritual attacks, is the vampires. They will remain Low High in terms of spiritual Regenerationn.

Low-High spiritual regen for Remi (and her sister), and Low-Godly physical for all the Youkai.

Finally, it should be noted a lack of faith or fear won't instantly kill a youkai, since it seems they'd grow weaker/hungry over time, and eventually starve, so it is not applicable in direct combat." (That's when they had low-god just replace low with mid-godly due to new evidence) that's how the profiles have always been treated.

Edit I'm going to bed

My guy, that's entirely the point of what I said. When old threads said youkai are weak to "spiritual attacks", they misunderstood what that phrase even meant. That misunderstanding is still reflected on the profiles today, as are a lot of other false things, so don't hold them up as some paragon of truth.

You can quote what old threads say all you like, but that won't change the fact that what they're saying is wrong.

My guy, that's entirely the point of what I said. When old threads said youkai are weak to "spiritual attacks", they misunderstood what that phrase even meant. That misunderstanding is still reflected on the profiles today, as are a lot of other false things, so don't hold them up as some paragon of truth.

You can quote what old threads say all you like, but that won't change the fact that what they're saying is wrong.
Ok sure fair point, but you'd need to go make a Content Revision thread to suggest such a change as the profile's still has such a stance reflected on it's profile and do it with the other supporters of the verse, moderators, and such. The profile's will remain as such until a Content Revision changes it.

I've also heard Touhou thread stuff usually is a mess so good luck hopefully.

I mean, the statement "youkai are weak to spiritual attacks" isn't wrong, it's just that it lacks explanation, which leads to misunderstandings like this. I'm working on larger revisions rn but if it's really that big of an issue I can do it like, a week or so from now (I hope).

It is for matches as it goes by reflection off of profiles and also I'll be making a thread regarding something else from Touhou tomorrow morning and it's more straightforward.

Edit leave this thread open until such a revision is made regarding the physical spiritual stuff.

Last edited:
@Huesito88 So what are you trying to say here? A regen downgrade thread or adding more justification and stuffs for Youkai regen? Becausw i'm kinda confused by you two conversation lel
Also that CRT you're planning to release tomorrow, how simple it is?

Yall better not hit me with a downgrade wave right as life starts kicking me in the dick again, I swear to god.
By from what he said, it just add more of specifict regen for the Youkai and so on, and a revision for a specifict matches so there's no downgrade
It just that i'm a bit confused hence why i said "regen downgrade" for double checking lel

Alright I'm up and also it's completely unrelated thread, the specific regen thread that'll be up to you guys to make, I'll leave that to the supporters of the verse =P

Last edited:
Should I ask to this be closed? the changes were accepted and applied a while ago and apparently the opposing party is leaving the regen stuff to the supporters to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back