• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I'm reporting @ImmortalDread for her actions in the following threads. Do note, the threads are rightfully closed, but I have been busy and unable to post here.

An important note is the validity of the threads does not matter as both threads were closed and rejected. I even disagreed with the first thread and debated with the person who made the thread @Marshadow29.

Dread started her comments on the thread by saying something contradictory to what is currently accepted with the following post. She then went on to agree with @Chasekilleen's post, notably this post was not relevant to the topic and derailing the thread. Chase himself even agreed to take the argument to a new thread. When I posted letting Chase, Dread and the others know that this was derailing the thread, Dread responded with this post. Upon which I responded how the thread was not about the topic Chase brought up and thus was indeed derailing. DO note as well, that there is a discussion rule about the topic Chase, Dread, and Hasty were talking about. Dread continues to attempt to derail this thread with the following posts by claiming that information that we currently accept as true (from another CRT) is wrong and basically demanding we give the proof. Dread even says she does not care about the CRT that is accepted and demands the proof anyway. Do note, Regidian and I were attempting multiple times to get Dread to stop derailing despite her adamant refusal not to. I did not grab every single one of Dread's post, but basically every post made in the thread was derailing.

In the next thread that was posted, Dread immediately posted the following, seemingly to start the same derailment as above again.

In summation, the user @ImmortalDread repeatedly attempted to derail at least one thread with statements contradictory to currently accepted CRTs, refusal to accept that she was derailing, and demanding Regidian or I to give her scans and proof that are already accepted in previous threads. As a reminder, the person who started the derailment said he was fine with taking it to another thread, despite this Dread continued her own derailment.

I'm asking for someone to give Dread a warning to stop derailing threads, especially with information that is contradictory to accepted information for the verse.

Unfortunately, my report does not end there. I'm also bringing to attention @Marshadow29. Marshadow has been downright spamming attempts at upgrading Nasuverse, all of which were rejected, except the one that is currently still active.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/8d-earth-nasuverse.152689/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/nasuverse-earth-9-10-d-upgrade.152460/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/infinite-hierarchy-inside-the-root.152217/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/root-changes-and-possible-high-1-a-upgrade.151707/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/aoko-1-c-upgrade.152400/ (ongoing)

These threads also led into each other upon rejection. The two Root threads were made the same time as another rejected Root thread was being discussed. The Root threads started with possible high 1-A, leading to @Tdjwo's thread and Marshadow's other Root thread. The 8D Earth thread was made in response to the 9D/10D thread being rejected. The 8D Earth thread used much of the same justification as the previous thread. These two threads (seem to be) made in response to a comment in the Aoko thread. I say seem to be as I have no proof. Regardless, we Nasuverse fans are tired of the constant Tier 1 spam by Marshadow. Between him and @Tdjwo we have had like 8 Tier 1 Nasu threads. We are requesting he be given a warning or just a staff ask him to chill out.

As I am writing this, I notice that Marshadow has continued the 8D Earth thread in Staff Discussion.

I don't know who Marshadow is, nor do I frankly care, and as anyone who knows me can attest I have the greatest dislike towards Nasuverse.

However, on balance, making threads and being wrong isn't exactly an infraction; as from what you yourself have said while the information between the threads are similar, the purpose is different, with the 10-D/9-D being rejected and moving onto a smaller claim (8-D) and so on.

It, from their perspective, might then make sense that if their larger claims fail, trying to settle for something similar but less would then be ideal.

Following from this, the last example you provided has Marshadow say that Qa suggested they take it to a staff discussion, as of this moment, they seem to be following the rules.

This doesn't seem like report worthy behaviour and seems to be more so a disagreement which you two can resolve between yourself without involving the adults.

Regular members aren't allowed to post in this Rule Violation Reports thread, unless they are making a report here, have direct involvement in a report, or have relevant information about a report that has not been brought up yet, in order to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations. Repeated violations will be followed with a strict warning, followed by a threadban for one week to a site ban for some duration, depending on the severity of their conduct.
@Udlmaster

Before anyone tries to stop me, recognize that I am a former admin/sysop of this website who was never demoted for misconduct, and that I still technically have a right to be here as retired staff.
Immediate thread ban. Good job!
I don't have anything to say about the link, but I will say that his original post was deleted unfairly. Let me highlight something in the exact quote that you provided.

Regular members aren't allowed to post in this Rule Violation Reports thread, unless they are making a report here, have direct involvement in a report, or have relevant information about a report that has not been brought up yet, in order to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations. Repeated violations will be followed with a strict warning, followed by a threadban for one week to a site ban for some duration, depending on the severity of their conduct.
This is the post in question. Read it again very carefully.
image.png

Udlmaster did, in fact, bring up information that was neither present in the initial report nor discussed before the time of his post, in the form of context that wasn't provided beforehand. He followed the rules just fine. If anything, he followed them much better than he usually does, at least in this particular post.

Furthermore, the points that each thread was made with a different purpose and that Marshadow is following the instructions of a staff member (an admin, at that) are both a valid ones. Double-furthermore, Qawsedf234 himself appears to be working to ensure that the staff discussion in question is the final thread that is posted on the topic. There is no reason that this had to be reported. The "offense" itself is already being taken care of, and there is not actually anything wrong being done at the moment.

You're free to leave Udlmaster threadbanned if you want.

Last edited:
I was responding to his immediate post above mine. I honestly had no opinion on the initial report, since I hadn't even started reading the stuff. However, I overall still agree with Deagonx, because he could've just left the context and that's it. Instead, he proceeded to give judgement on the situation instead of letting it up to staff, which comes to this:
instigate further rule violations

We see it time and time again. Could it have been handled better? Of course. But then, instead of being reasonable, he proceeded to make the situation worse. Proving the point.

Edit: That said, if other staff when they see this disagree with my threadban, I won't contest it.

I was responding to his immediate post above mine. I honestly had no opinion on the initial report, since I hadn't even started reading the stuff. However, I overall still agree with Deagonx, because he could've just left the context and that's it. Instead, he proceeded to give judgement on the situation instead of letting it up to staff, which comes to this:

We see it time and time again. Could it have been handled better? Of course. But then, instead of being reasonable, he proceeded to make the situation worse. Proving the point.
There is no rule that suggests a person cannot give their opinion while presenting context in this thread, staff or not.

The point was not there in the first place, because the original post was not instigating. At most, there was a bit of snideness at the end. The bulk of the post, however, was standard fare for this thread. In fact, I'd say everything prior to the "adults" part is quite a bit more polite than what I've had to see in RVRTs in the past.

Moreover, he reacted as he did because his post was deleted without justification. That's fairly plain to see. Could he have handled it better? Of course. And...
Edit: That said, if other staff when they see this disagree with my threadban, I won't contest it.

...that's why I said at the end that leaving him threadbanned should be perfectly fine. Because it should. Two wrongs don't make a right. But that doesn't invalidate his original post, not when he wasn't actually breaking rules until the second.

Speaking of original posts, I just realized that I forgot to tag @Deagonx in mine, because I was addressing him as well, not just you. You'll have to excuse me for that. I haven't posted anything in years.

I'm reporting @ImmortalDread for her actions in the following threads. Do note, the threads are rightfully closed, but I have been busy and unable to post here.

An important note is the validity of the threads does not matter as both threads were closed and rejected. I even disagreed with the first thread and debated with the person who made the thread @Marshadow29.

Dread started her comments on the thread by saying something contradictory to what is currently accepted with the following post. She then went on to agree with @Chasekilleen's post, notably this post was not relevant to the topic and derailing the thread. Chase himself even agreed to take the argument to a new thread. When I posted letting Chase, Dread and the others know that this was derailing the thread, Dread responded with this post. Upon which I responded how the thread was not about the topic Chase brought up and thus was indeed derailing. DO note as well, that there is a discussion rule about the topic Chase, Dread, and Hasty were talking about. Dread continues to attempt to derail this thread with the following posts by claiming that information that we currently accept as true (from another CRT) is wrong and basically demanding we give the proof. Dread even says she does not care about the CRT that is accepted and demands the proof anyway. Do note, Regidian and I were attempting multiple times to get Dread to stop derailing despite her adamant refusal not to. I did not grab every single one of Dread's post, but basically every post made in the thread was derailing.

In the next thread that was posted, Dread immediately posted the following, seemingly to start the same derailment as above again.

In summation, the user @ImmortalDread repeatedly attempted to derail at least one thread with statements contradictory to currently accepted CRTs, refusal to accept that she was derailing, and demanding Regidian or I to give her scans and proof that are already accepted in previous threads. As a reminder, the person who started the derailment said he was fine with taking it to another thread, despite this Dread continued her own derailment.

I'm asking for someone to give Dread a warning to stop derailing threads, especially with information that is contradictory to accepted information for the verse.

Unfortunately, my report does not end there. I'm also bringing to attention @Marshadow29. Marshadow has been downright spamming attempts at upgrading Nasuverse, all of which were rejected, except the one that is currently still active.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/8d-earth-nasuverse.152689/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/nasuverse-earth-9-10-d-upgrade.152460/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/infinite-hierarchy-inside-the-root.152217/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/root-changes-and-possible-high-1-a-upgrade.151707/
https://vsbattles.com/threads/aoko-1-c-upgrade.152400/ (ongoing)

These threads also led into each other upon rejection. The two Root threads were made the same time as another rejected Root thread was being discussed. The Root threads started with possible high 1-A, leading to @Tdjwo's thread and Marshadow's other Root thread. The 8D Earth thread was made in response to the 9D/10D thread being rejected. The 8D Earth thread used much of the same justification as the previous thread. These two threads (seem to be) made in response to a comment in the Aoko thread. I say seem to be as I have no proof. Regardless, we Nasuverse fans are tired of the constant Tier 1 spam by Marshadow. Between him and @Tdjwo we have had like 8 Tier 1 Nasu threads. We are requesting he be given a warning or just a staff ask him to chill out.

As I am writing this, I notice that Marshadow has continued the 8D Earth thread in Staff Discussion.
Sorry for my presence here, but now the issue for Udlmaster has been settled (i think), we should focus on this now

And with that, i'm out

While I appreciate the effort to cut down on non-staff clutter, in this case, Udl's response was reasonable and fine. That being said, I would prefer we cut down on non-staff clutter regardless, and I can agree that Udl's response after the fact was unprofessional.

Be chill, everyone.

I restored Udlmaster's post, but given that he was trolling a bit in the following post, I think that a 1 week thread ban is appropriate to keep.

Anyway, is it fine if we reduce 1Nairove's Fandom wiki block to 1 month then?

Also, @ImmortalDread is a generally very helpful and productive member, but what kept them from becoming a part of our staff during our recent staff recruitment survey is just this well-intended but disruptive tendency to interrupt and mini-moderate discussions even when it is not useful and no new information is brought up. As such, I do not think that a warning to them is warranted, but an instruction to only contribute in this manner when it is genuinely useful might be appropriate.

I restored Udlmaster's post, but given that he was trolling a bit in the following post, I think that a 1 week thread ban is appropriate to keep.

Anyway, is it fine if we reduce 1Nairove's Fandom wiki block to 1 month then?

Also, @ImmortalDread is a generally very helpful and productive member, but what kept them from becoming a part of our staff during our recent staff recruitment survey is just this well-intended but disruptive tendency to interrupt and mini-moderate discussions even when it is not useful and no new information is brought up. As such, I do not think that a warning to them is warranted, but an instruction to only contribute in this manner when it is genuinely useful might be appropriate.
Oh no.
I posted a link to that message to show the other user that there is indeed a rule prohibiting normal users from commenting on the thread under specific circumstances ( before anyone says it I'm just trying to help that guy out by correcting him on something real quick and leaving, nothing much/more ), not to say anything about Dread mini modding here, that was dealt with some time ago.
Speaking of her, though, have you seen the report on her and another user? Seems quite important. Should be the focus from now on.

Anyway, please send me a message if you want to help out regularly as a part of our staff again, @MrKingOfNegativity .
Thank you, but this isn't something I plan on making a part of my life again. I've no worthwhile reason to return here permanently, and even if I did have a worthwhile reason, I still wouldn't. This isn't my home anymore.

On that note, you should probably stop including me in your mass-taggings of staff members. The notifications show up in my emails.

Well, this devolved into an absolute fustercluck. So I'll completely ignore that and focus on the actual report.

@Mageman460 With respect, the arguments you've brought up hold about as much water as a sieve, especially in Dread's case. Yes, its your job to provide scans. No, not everyone can be bothered to dig through infinity gazllionth previous threads to find them. At the absolute, absolute most, Dread was acting a little confrontational. If we handed out punishments for users doing that in this forum, we'd run out of people very quickly.

As for Marshadow, his attempts don't appear to be the exact same thing every time. And users are entitled to make threads on different topics or on the same topics but discussing them differently.

We're not gonna give out warnings just because some people are personally annoying you and your buddies. We aren't your thought police.

There is no rule that suggests a person cannot give their opinion while presenting context in this thread, staff or not.
Crucially, Udl was not providing context. If he had been, I would have left the post up. You instructed us to re-read his post carefully, but in turn I ask you to do the same: He was very clearly working solely off of the information provided in the report, he was not providing additional background details and was simply giving his opinion on the situation.

With that in mind, I'll clarify my intentions: I had no objection to the content of his first message, all-in-all it was a fairly reasonable take, though his juvenile follow up strongly discredits him. That notwithstanding, it was an unsolicited assessment from a non-staff member about a situation they weren't involved in. He wasn't the accused, the accuser, and didn't have any additional info to provide. I want to discourage (and forcibly prevent) the RVRT from becoming a free-for-all with people sniping reports they see that they want to argue with or about.

Im reporting Witchakorn

just take a look https://vsbattles.com/threads/jimmy-hopkins-vs-akabane-karma.144279/#post-5683473

Hisconstantly saying irrelevant topics at the thread despite all the warnings given to him.
If you'll be so kind as to read the very message above your own, you'll notice that I said we're not people's goddamn thought police. We aren't here to silence opinions you don't like fron people who mildly annoy you.

The most the user in question can be accused of doing is being slightly rude, and even that's a stretch, since they're not insulting anyone directly. They aren't even swearing.

In the future, how's about you utilize your own wits and maturity to come to an understanding with someone, instead of saying "**** it" and pressing the moderator button.

Not touching the Udl sidetrack with a ten foot pole. I agree that the actual rule violation against Dread and Marshadow is insubstantial at best and worthy of being moved past.

As for Witchakorn, the dude just seems to have no idea how the wiki works (it is honestly difficult to parse what message he's actually trying to get across). I don't think that his actions (insofar as I can understand them) warrant even a warning, at worst he's being rude and more than a little overconfident.

If you'll be so kind as to read the very message above your own, you'll notice that I said we're not people's goddamn thought police. We aren't here to silence opinions you don't like fron people who mildly annoy you.

The most the user in question can be accused of doing is being slightly rude, and even that's a stretch, since they're not insulting anyone directly. They aren't even swearing.

In the future, how's about you utilize your own wits and maturity to come to an understanding with someone, instead of saying "**** it" and pressing the moderator button.
Crab, your perspective is sympathetic here, but please. Slow down.

They reported the user because of thread derailment. Looking at the thread myself, it seems less like active, intentional derailment to me and more like just being confused on site standards and the relevancy of the topic. But it isn't unusual or unprecedented for people to be reported for derailment. In this case, the reporter spoke to the person on the thread bringing up the irrelevant topic, tried to explain to them that it was irrelevant, and they doubled-down on it. While I'm not convinced it's intentional or active derailment, if you see someone who you believe is both derailing a thread and insisting on doing so, bringing it to the RVR isn't unusual.

I believe the previous report you examined is affecting your judgement here. They did not warrant this response for, all things considered, a rather simple and understandable report.

That being said, I do believe Witchakorn is just a bit confused and is not malicious. At most, it may be worth keeping an eye on the thread and taking action if things become hostile - right now, I don't think their behaviour warrants a warning.

Crab, your perspective is sympathetic here, but please. Slow down.
Apologies, I did wager whether the message was a bit too mean-spirited to post or not.
They reported the user because of thread derailment. Looking at the thread myself, it seems less like active, intentional derailment to me and more like just being confused on site standards and the relevancy of the topic. But it isn't unusual or unprecedented for people to be reported for derailment. In this case, the reporter spoke to the person on the thread bringing up the irrelevant topic, tried to explain to them that it was irrelevant, and they doubled-down on it. While I'm not convinced it's intentional or active derailment, if you see someone who you believe is both derailing a thread and insisting on doing so, bringing it to the RVR isn't unusual.
Well perhaps my judgement on the veracity of derailing such a thread was affected somewhat by the fact that there's two banned users there. It isn't relevant to the report, but it does present an initial glum view of the proceedings.
I believe the previous report you examined is affecting your judgement here. They did not warrant this response for, all things considered, a rather simple and understandable report.
Perhaps. I do agree I'm inclined to treat VS thread derailments far less severely than wiki management, staff discussion or CRT derailments. I'm also rather known for my crass and blunt manner. Combine the two and you get what seems like a dismissive response. I admit I could have worded it better.

Well, this devolved into an absolute fustercluck. So I'll completely ignore that and focus on the actual report.

@Mageman460 With respect, the arguments you've brought up hold about as much water as a sieve, especially in Dread's case. Yes, its your job to provide scans. No, not everyone can be bothered to dig through infinity gazllionth previous threads to find them. At the absolute, absolute most, Dread was acting a little confrontational. If we handed out punishments for users doing that in this forum, we'd run out of people very quickly.

As for Marshadow, his attempts don't appear to be the exact same thing every time. And users are entitled to make threads on different topics or on the same topics but discussing them differently.

We're not gonna give out warnings just because some people are personally annoying you and your buddies. We aren't your thought police.
I can give a proper response to this later, but as for Dread. The scans Dread was asking about weren't relevant to the topic in the CRT. Hence why we asked her to bring it up elsewhere to prevent further derailment.

I was really just asking for staff instruction/intervention as Dread was already ignoring, mocking, and belittling our attempts at informing her that she was derailing.

As for Marshadow, I honestly didn't really even want to report him. It was less really being the same argument, though the 8D one is just a copy paste of the 9D one, and more just the general spamming of threads. It has been about two weeks since the first Root thread Marshadow made. I'm honestly just asking staff to ask him to chill out with the threads as he does not really listen to me.

Sorry about saying warning, I'm new to posting to RVR, if that's too much. Just something like Ant suggested about an instruction.

Mocking? Hold up, when you refuse to send a scan to prove your claim, and you constantly push the burden on me to check a whole CRT, then I will be a bit confrontational about this. In matter of fact, I got clowned there in that thread, and as well as in discord servers.

And yet, till now, no one of you send me the evidence and instead “it has been accepted, look at CRT (not even linking the CRT)".

Don't accuse me for mocking next time. If you want to get respect, then at least earn it. And I was fairly respectful there, but had an aggressive tone for a bit.

Mocking? Hold up, when you refuse to send a scan to prove your claim, and you constantly push the burden on me to check a whole CRT, then I will be a bit confrontational about this. In matter of fact, I got clowned there in that thread, and as well as in discord servers.

And yet, till now, no one of you send me the evidence and instead “it has been accepted, look at CRT (not even linking the CRT)".

Don't accuse me for mocking next time. If you want to get respect, then at least earn it. And I was fairly respectful there, but had an aggressive tone for a bit.
If you do not want to be accused of mocking, then don't. Or perhaps you prefer this example. Not all of your statements were mocking yes, but you did indeed mock and belittle attempts to inform you of derailment. If you really want the CRT or scans for the accepted stuff, you could check the pages of the relevant characters or ask in the proper locations that I had suggested. Also as a note, I did mean to send them to you ... I was just forgetful and busy. I was on mobile for the entire conversation and then when I finally got to my PC the thread was closed iirc. So here are the threads in question.

Those are not mocking in the first two example, in matter of fact, no one addressed his arguments and this is a fact. Mocking would be if someone did, and I currently ignored it, but y'all declared it as derailing while in my view it was not.

Okay, I think both parties have made their views clear. The staff assessment so far has been that Dread's conduct in those threads only rises to the level of a light warning at the worst. With that said, further back and forth between you guys shouldn't happen on this thread since it's likely to just go in circles. Perhaps discuss it privately. If any other staff look at it and feel differently than the ones who've mentioned it so far, that will be handled here.

I have work soon and don't have time to go over everything, but I basically agree with what Crabwhale was saying. I don't think what Dread was doing was all that bad and when making reports, it is up to the reporter to be very specific and pointing out very specific situations.

Well, I personally agree with DarkGrath's viewpoints here. Crabwhale was technically correct, but as an administrator he needs to make a continuous effort to try to be as polite and respectful as he can manage to regular members, especially in our rule-violation thread.

Basically, please try to say the same things in a less hostile manner the next time.

Back