• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Someone's threatening to report whoever fixes this mistake.

Cloudyagami is trying to include a battle that has only 3 votes and was closed down for unknown reasons. I'm reporting now before I get reported.

Edit - Is there a case where we allow a match to be added even if it's only 3 votes?

Cloudyagami is trying to include a battle that has only 3 votes and was closed down for unknown reasons. I'm reporting now before I get reported.

Edit - Is there a case where we allow a match to be added even if it's only 3 votes?
No, it has to be 7 votes each to be added. Adding matches with only 3 votes is just rushing the thread.

I remember reverting his edits on the Mikey page as well, he's still doing it?

No, it has to be 7 votes each to be added. Adding matches with only 3 votes is just rushing the thread.
He has repeatedly defended himself saying it was agreed upon.

Nonstop.

I'm talking to a user. Apparently he has many declined calcs that still persists on the verse page for Tokyo Revengers

He's also just in general toxic.

@cloudyagami

This is not allowed. Please stop this. Thank you.

Versus Thread Rules states that:
  • Regarding verdicts:
    • The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments, rather than one word/one sentence votes, which will be disregarded.
      • However, one word/one sentence votes agreeing with another member's reasoning will be accepted as valid votes.
    • For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes. Some examples:
      • A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
      • A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
      • A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
      • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
    • If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive.
      • Inconclusive matches, in which the opposing parties are incapable of defeating each other, should only added to profiles if they had a notable debate. A debate is considered notable, in this context, if it features a lengthy debate over an aspect not directly listed on profile. Examples of such are standard tactics (if not listed), ability mechanics and (unlisted) potency, interaction between abilities, weaknesses, verse equalization, potential methods to circumvent resistances and immortalities, potential learning or growth they could achieve in the timeframe of the fight, whether they could escape long enough for prep based abilities to come into play, etc.
    • When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24 will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread.
So, him reporting you isn't valid.

Aye, I had considered making a comment about that. It seems like Yagami consistently ignores warnings and just... goes and does more rule violations as wantonly as he pleases. I agree with Pain_to12, we ought to discuss something more.

A short term ban (perhaps two weeks to begin with, as most of his offenses have been quite minor) would be the best way to step it up to make it clear that our warnings aren't just for show, I feel.

Aye, I had considered making a comment about that. It seems like Yagami consistently ignores warnings and just... goes and does more rule violations as wantonly as he pleases. I agree with Pain_to12, we ought to discuss something more.

A short term ban (perhaps two weeks to begin with, as most of his offenses have been quite minor) would be the best way to step it up to make it clear that our warnings aren't just for show, I feel.
Yeah ik a lot of calc group members have issues with him too

@cloudyagami has been reported three times in the span of a month, for offenses he actually committed all of them having to do with editing profiles. I think this time he deserves more than a slap on the wrist. An actual warning
I had little idea he was a repeat offender. What are some other examples of bad behavior?

Yeah ik a lot of calc group members have issues with him too
I can attest to this that some of his calcs have been... subpar on quality, requiring me to engage in lengthy discussions to get anything usable out of them at times, if even possible.

Though then again, this seems to be a case for a bunch of other calcs I have seen on TokRev so what do I know.

I can attest to this that some of his calcs have been... subpar on quality, requiring me to engage in lengthy discussions to get anything usable out of them at times, if even possible.

Though then again, this seems to be a case for a bunch of other calcs I have seen on TokRev so what do I know.
yeah i've gotten about 3-4 of his removed and he always argues about it an never removes them

Honestly it's not just Yagami who has been making calcs on the verse of shoddy quality, lots of other people have been doing it as well, making multiple versions at times which make is just that much harder for me to evaluate them, never mind the fact that the paragraphs are so all over the place it's as if I'm trying to decipher Morse Code.

I had little idea he was a repeat offender. What are some other examples of bad behavior?
Guy has a history of tinkering with pages without CRTs, and has been warned about it multiple times, dating back to October and continuing well into November. His page edits have earned him multiple warnings. While I feel it is a minor thing, he's also been reported for needless bickering/firebrand behavior. They're all fairly trivial offenses but at this point, across the past two months, the man has racked up a good amount of warnings and reports. Clearly warnings aren't an effective means of communicating the issues with this behavior.

I'm not really savvy on the Calc Group problems people have, as bad calcs aren't really an exceptionally uncommon thing, and certainly not a reportable offense (unless we get to the point of outright malicious ignorance/hiding of facts, that is). But the man has received enough warnings, I feel, to warrant some form of higher action.

Reporting @TioKill for multiple posts within this thread

I’ll start from the beginning, both to provide as much context as possible, and to hold myself to account for my own improper actions.

After I lodged a vote for Midori, they sent this message:
I love how Adam basically said, "Midori might trick Gon and three-shot him!!!" and Pikaman is already jumping to the voting.
I found this post rather mocking of me and my ability to think independently. I grew enraged to a level I in all likelihood shouldn’t have, and thus responded more harshly than I should have, saying:
Kindly **** off with the pettiness… your post reeks of hypocrisy… Your statement was childish, and disrespectful, if not slimy.
Full post here

I realise now that, regardless of the personal offence taken by myself to their post, my response was blown out of proportion and unreasonably angry. Up until now the debate had been civil and of good quality, so before attempting to continue on with said debate, I finished my outburst, having somewhat cooled down, by saying:

I’m hoping that was an isolated incident, and we can now return to a civil debate. At the very least, I’ll attempt to do such.
Hoping to draw a line under the incident. I then proceeded to spend the rest of my post debating points made in the thread.

TioKill then responded, saying:
…you can already put yourself in your place and keep quiet… you can't debate for shit… you can't debate for shit ²…
Full post here

I understand the fact I was harsh to them, and that they retaliated. I tried again to slightly cool down the situation, saying, in regards to the section of my initial retaliation where I expressed hope this was an isolated incident:
That wasn’t a shot at you (exclusively at least), it was an acknowledgment that up until your comment the debate had been civil and of high quality. I myself admittedly got more riled up than I should have (though I still do take offence to what you said), and I had cooled down somewhat by the time I got to that part of my message, so I was just saying I wanted the debate to not be tainted by what was a poor piece of form from the both of us. I apologise I responded in such a harsh manner
Full post here

To which I received the response:
Don't care
As well as
just quit debating already.
Full post here

I understand my own actions were far from savoury, and I’m willing to take disciplinary action myself if needs be, but I do feel that, despite my own attempts after time to de-instigate the situation, including an apology, TioKill was needlessly and persistently aggressive, to a level I felt this report necessary.

...Yeah. You jumped the gun with the response but going through the thread, that was fairly rude of him. If it had been left at the first couple of responses, I wouldn't say that a warning is even needed- a couple of mean words are expected to be strewn into the mix when people are passionate about something, no harm no foul, comes with the hobby. But the man clearly isn't even interested in the debate or the discussion, the language he's using reads to me like he just wants to shut shit down, not have a talk or hear another side. Toxic behavior all around.

Let's wait to hear from the man.

...Yeah. You jumped the gun with the response but going through the thread, that was fairly rude of him. If it had been left at the first couple of responses, I wouldn't say that a warning is even needed- a couple of mean words are expected to be strewn into the mix when people are passionate about something, no harm no foul, comes with the hobby. But the man clearly isn't even interested in the debate or the discussion, the language he's using reads to me like he just wants to shut shit down, not have a talk or hear another side. Toxic behavior all around.

Let's wait to hear from the man.
"Kindly **** off with the pettiness" over me questioning his vote - "hypocrisy" or not.

I felt like he was harsh, I replied with harshness. There's nothing else to it. The continuous passive-agressiveness is present in both sides of the report, so I feel like this is pointless and blown out of proportion.

"Kindly **** off with the pettiness" over me questioning his vote - "hypocrisy" or not.

I felt like he was harsh, I replied with harshness. There's nothing else to it. The continuous passive-agressiveness is present in both sides of the report, so I feel like this is pointless and blown out of proportion.
Technically you were the one who provoked him with the way you've worded your statement which made it seem like you were gaslighting him over a vote. Although Pika did kinda jump the gun in here.

Technically you were the one who provoked him with the way you've worded your statement which made it seem like you were gaslighting him over a vote. Although Pika did kinda jump the gun in here.
Me when I misuse the term gaslighting.

No, I just thought the vote was over something rather minor that didn't justify the victory of the character, again, it's not that deep.

I agree in regards to the initial back-and-forth, but I tried to stabilise the situation and you continued - which is why I made the report
almost the entire report was over my first reply. And then you complained because I said I did not care about the sections of the post unrelated to the match. I did not want to respond to it, and that makes me toxic? How about saying my questioning of your vote is "childish, disrespectful and even slimy"? I recommend you talk to real people more often, you seem to think even a minor interaction can be blown to something report worthy - and worse, people are actually agreeing.

If we neutralize the first reply since both sides were harsh to each other, and remove the "don't care" complaints which are not report worthy no matter how much you dislike them - you're basically reporting me for saying you should quit debating.

What a waste of my time, I will not be responding to this anymore. I wish to make other posts addressing the calculation issues I have with fragmentation values.

But the man clearly isn't even interested in the debate or the discussion, the language he's using reads to me like he just wants to shut shit down, not have a talk or hear another side. Toxic behavior all around.
Love the Non-sequitur by the way, Mr. Staff. Took the conclusion out of that thinker brain, huh?
I am engaging on a reasonable debate with Adam as we speak, in this very thread.

@TioKill can you please shut up?

Your passive aggressive attitude is not making things any better. You're making everything worse.
And the prodigy sideliner join the roaster to join the sea of over sensitiveness. Hilarious. I quite literally said I wouldn't reply to this joke of a report any longer - also you're not supposed to reply to reports you're not involved in, so you can take that advice to yourself, how about that?

And the prodigy sideliner join the roaster to join the sea of over sensitiveness. Hilarious. I quite literally said I wouldn't reply to this joke of a report any longer - also you're not supposed to reply to reports you're not involved in, so you can take that advice to yourself, how about that?
You saying I'm not responding anymore isn't the point.

You making not so subtle insults at other people for no apparent reason is the problem. You gain nothing out of it whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm issuing a warning. Continued wanton verbal abuse of people in threads will result in further action, as this is the second time you've been warned with zero repercussion. Removing further posts in this thread regarding the situation to avoid spam. That goes for all parties, not just Tio- knock it off.

Guy has a history of tinkering with pages without CRTs, and has been warned about it multiple times, dating back to October and continuing well into November. His page edits have earned him multiple warnings. While I feel it is a minor thing, he's also been reported for needless bickering/firebrand behavior. They're all fairly trivial offenses but at this point, across the past two months, the man has racked up a good amount of warnings and reports. Clearly warnings aren't an effective means of communicating the issues with this behavior.

I'm not really savvy on the Calc Group problems people have, as bad calcs aren't really an exceptionally uncommon thing, and certainly not a reportable offense (unless we get to the point of outright malicious ignorance/hiding of facts, that is). But the man has received enough warnings, I feel, to warrant some form of higher action.
Now the above regarding Tio is resolved for now although I do feel like if it happens more than twice, there should been a temporary ban.

In the event Cloud doesn’t respond (which is a likely scenario), I do think we need a temporary ban.

Also making calcs of poor quality (unless the calculations was made with malicious intentions or something) isn’t technically
a offense by itself inherently as said by Bambu.

I think the temporary ban should been three weeks instead of two weeks since it is clear he hasn’t changed his behavior for what? A few months if not longer.

That definitely feels like we could make it last for 3 weeks or something.

Last edited:

A two weeks forum and wiki ban is probably warranted then. It is important to post wiki and forum message wall information to him regarding why this happened in conjunction though.

Back