• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Reporting Sniper for his behavior in this thread. He has been previously reported for remarkably rude, antagonistic, and uncivil debating patterns. He's not a first time offender, and has received literally over 10 warnings on the thread in question from a variety of sources, going as far as to blatantly say he's ignoring the warnings while, I shit you not, telling another user who told him to chill to "Watch [his] mouth."

I really... don't think I need to explain this further.

You know there is such a thing known as perhaps not trying to make your case worse by dumping irony on the RVR.
Reporting Sniper for his behavior in this thread. He has been previously reported for remarkably rude, antagonistic, and uncivil debating patterns. He's not a first time offender, and has received literally over 10 warnings on the thread in question from a variety of sources, going as far as to blatantly say he's ignoring the warnings while, I shit you not, telling another user who told him to chill to "Watch [his] mouth."

I really... don't think I need to explain this further.
I skimmed through the thread and to be honest I don't think there's anything that's strictly worth punishment here. Maybe a temporary topic ban? At the absolute MOST though. He is kind of rude and confrontational, but I personally don't believe there's anything worth anything more than a warning here.

I agree that Sniper has gotten numerous warnings and a temporary ban before, at this point, we're going to need to put a foot down and being more stern with him.
What did I do in that thread that is worthy of any sort of ban. @Hasty12345 literally said this

at this point Sniper should be banned from Pokemon CRT's if he can't retain at least a middle schooler's level of maturity about the topics.

I agree that Sniper has gotten numerous warnings and a temporary ban before, at this point, we're going to need to put a foot down and being more stern with him.
NVFM what I said then

I was unaware he had been banned before. To be honest I didn't find any of the examples listed as particularly egregious, but I could have missed some of 'em. I'll defer to other people on this.

NVFM what I said then

I was unaware he had been banned before. To be honest I didn't find any of the examples listed as particularly egregious, but I could have missed some of 'em. I'll defer to other people on this.
Yeah, that's the thing. He doesn't do anything truly terrible, he's just consistently really annoying on basically every single thread, ever.

It's kind of a "death by a thousand cuts" scenario. Combine that with ignoring warnings repeatedly and overall being a disruption, on top of a previous ban, and we have to take it seriously.

I’m assuming the issue Mori has is that even though your infractions on that thread are (apparently) minor, they are still infractions, and after 10 separate warnings even the most minor of offences will be dealt with seriously
What infractions?

Point them out because I didn't think they were at all.

Yeah, that's the thing. He doesn't do anything truly terrible, he's just consistently really annoying on basically every single thread, ever.

It's kind of a "death by a thousand cuts" scenario. Combine that with ignoring warnings repeatedly and overall being a disruption, on top of a previous ban, and we have to take it seriously.
Ignored because none of what happened there was meant anything worth this.

NVFM what I said then

On that thread specifically, it's more like a numerous multitude of little offenses that stack together and can potentially become a major issue worst case scenario. And I'm not suggesting a ban too lengthy outside of a topic ban or thread ban. But the fact that he's like deliberately ignoring warnings I think is his main issue in this case.

Furthermore, derailing the RVR is also something worth adding to a list of reasons to be stern with him. Topic/Thread banning is already a minimum of what should be done.

On that thread specifically, it's more like a numerous multitude of little offenses that stack together and can potentially become a major issue worst case scenario. And I'm not suggesting a ban too lengthy outside of a topic ban or thread ban. But the fact that he's like deliberately ignoring warnings I think is his main issue in this case.
You know? The thread was already accepted

UNTIL Moritzva decided to join and give me nonexistent warning about(I honestly didn't know what the hell was reportable here at all)

That's great. I'm still figuring out my major offense here.

Yours was very blatant and not open to any interpretations

I said stop spamming, you don't need to respond every other minute to a completely separate comment. Step back and make every post worth something instead of making 10 different posts saying "I didn't do anything" (when you, in fact, did).

Sniper, last warning.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself, why exactly are you here on the vsbw. Then it dawns on you, it serves no purposes to your life

A meaningless venture. "Hobby" that isn't really one that brings any joy or is fun.

I fully regret joining the vsbw anyway.

So uhh, just choose whatever punishment you feel is right. I don't care

What infractions?

Point them out because I didn't think they were at all.
Ignored because none of what happened there was meant anything worth this.
You know? The thread was already accepted

UNTIL Moritzva decided to join and give me nonexistent warning about(I honestly didn't know what the hell was reportable here at all)
^These types of responses on the RVR/T doesn't help your case, even if you're genuinely unsure why you got reported, you need to response tactfully.

Imo I highly recommend @Sniper670 just takes a break from the Wiki (most notably Pokémon threads). These days quite a few users (myself included) can't stand Pokémon CRTs anymore plus Sniper has consistently gotten into arguments with both supporters as well as mods, consistently displayed behaviour that's been pretty abrasive to others (not saying other users haven't engaged in equally unhelpful behaviour in Pokémon threads but enabling them instead of defusing the situation only makes things worst) which further makes Pokémon CRTs a bigger chore to deal with and it's gotten to the point where an admin has brought him up on the RVR/T (again).

As someone who usually observes Pokémon threads (instead of regular engaging with them), this has definitely gotten out of hand and while Sniper's contribution to VSBW is undeniable, with new Pokémon games out now (which means more future CRTs) this cycle of long winded Pokémon threads, debates getting overly heated, circular arguments and eventually it all ends up here simply cannot continue anymore but tbf Sniper isn't solely responsible for this "infamy" surrounding the Pokémon verse however that's a discussion for another day.
Sometimes you have to ask yourself, why exactly are you here on the vsbw. Then it dawns on you, it serves no purposes to your life

A meaningless venture. "Hobby" that isn't really one that brings any joy or is fun.

I fully regret joining the vsbw anyway.

So uhh, just choose whatever punishment you feel is right. I don't care
Exactly THIS a hobby is ment to be fun and enjoyable hence why I recommended you take a break, heck just play Pokémon games for the fun of it instead of worrying about feats, scaling, powers, etc. I highly doubt you want to spend a significant amount of time getting into heated arguments with complete strangers online about pocket monsters over just playing videogames.

Anyway, I will comment no further here I hope the staff come to a fair decision regardless of what Sniper decides do next.

I'm just going to go ahead and permaban his account. If he's intentionally letting people steal/hack his account, then there's no purpose for it to be up. I wasn't even planning to go that far, but this just seems like he wanted to be permabanned but wanted to do so in a low method. Plus he literally just opened doors for someone to just use his account as a sock substitute.

Back