• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Anyway, I don't particularly care to comment on the Monke situation, but since I was one of the names mentioned, I feel it prudent to get my opinion out there.

If it was me alone the problem would never have made it to the RVR. I have a long history of taking and receiving shit from internet weirdos, and generally speaking I consider it a form of quality entertainment to lock horns in 0.5 IQ banter battles.

However, given that Monke tends to not limit that kind of behavior to me and his friends, I think this ban was for the best. He was extremely confrontational, the truth be told, and he would never leave an argument end without having the last word. This of course could easily, and did easily, end up in posts that very much break the rules. And unlike the cases with myself, I can't just turn a blind eye to those directed at other people. That's not to even speak of his behavior shifting even after an apology straight back to Aggression City.

I don't think any of this behavior is born out of genuine malice, just immaturity. He seems very young, and I'd wager this is just wanting to look cool on the internoots. It would explain how stand-offish and aloof he wants to be perceived as.

It almost makes me want to argue for a longer block. Not because I think his actions are particularly bad, but mostly for the fact that some more time off to grow up would do him good. Goodness knows getting our asses yeeted for extended periods did wonders for Bambu and me, back in the day.

That's all I gotta say on the matter.

Should I put in my own thoughts? Maybe, maybe not. Will I do so anyways because I was partially part of the situation, even if not to as big a extent as other's such as Monke and Bambu himself? Yes.

Now, I would like to think that in regards to myself and a few others, the supposed Bambu Hate was only very light-hearted shitposting. That said, I cannot deny that other's and even myself who partook in these light jab's were extremely frustrated with him and his conduct. While it is not for me to say if it's appropriate for a staff member or not, I just find it generally off-putting and inherently deterring normal member's from remotely trying to partake in certain threads, and his conduct severely disheartened myself and other's. I cannot deny the possibility that said agitation could have directed our actions to some extent.

That said, I know there were other's who went severely more over the top and more repetitively assaulted Bambu publicly on the forum's, and that's just not quite fair or tolerable. When people allow their negative thoughts regarding someone to control every word they say, they become a beacon for Toxicity, and that kind of action is not condone-able- Though, I know I don't need to tell you guys any of that.

Ultimately, while I would personally like to see the Slander Thread's as a light-hearted source of fun, I can't deny there is potential animosity corrupting said thread's, so it's ultimately understandable if action is decided to be taken against them.

Regardless, maybe this entire situation can be a good lesson in that we Human's may still have a way's to go in terms of Self Control on some fronts, and that if we don't pursue the idea of Self Discipline and controlling how our Feelings are reflected by our actions, that we can become Dark and vengeful beings.

Philosophy aside, that's all I have to say on the matter- Both in defense of the thread and myself, as well as in admittance of the issue's we all can show, however. If you staff feel this not to be pertinent enough to the conversation, feel free to delete this message, I understand.

I understand where you're coming from, but how about next time, when someone is challenging something you support, you dip your head down and focus on working to oppose 'em, yeah? Not start an entire thread just to vent your frustrations.

I've seen some of the comments earlier in the thread. And while I sure as shit am not going to be offended on Bambu's behalf, as he's a big boy who can take care of himself, I will say that a lot of this joking around is in very bad faith. Constantly, and consistently, and about the only person who tried to reign it in a little bit was @azontr.

I remember once upon a time, I was being questioned on the validity of High 6-C 40k characters by some fella I can't remember the name of right now. He probed me for every facet, every fact, every scan, and I will say I got genuinely frustrated. I was angry that this person would not see things the way I saw them, and would challenge me on every message. But guess what: I didn't grab my goon squad to make fun of him. I didn't start a thread on him, or made memes about him. I didn't throw around my weight as the verse's primary supporter, or as a staff member. I just grit my teeth and debated him until the end. And in said end, he was right. I was wrong. I accepted that, and moved on.

Maybe the discussion that started this has you in the right. Maybe it has Bambu in the right. I don't know, and I don't care. But for the love of God man, carry yourself with some ******* respect. If you're becoming frustrated, take a breather. Go workout, lift heavy ass weight, get ripped. Blood sweat tears, gainz, etc. Just do something that takes your mind off of it that is productive, or at least not actively harmful. Don't just splurge out 200+ messages on a topic like this, it's literally worth less than doing nothing.

I'm responding to @TheKingStrategist13, but this goes for everyone in that thread. It ain't a warning, not even a real big problem in the grand scheme of things. But take it as friendly advice from a dude who's been doing this for a loooooong time.

I understand where you're coming from, but how about next time, when someone is challenging something you support, you dip your head down and focus on working to oppose 'em, yeah? Not start an entire thread just to vent your frustrations.
...That's quite literally what we did.

I don't think you understand the full context behind people's frustration with the WWE deletion threads, but I'm much too lazy to explain it in full right now. I might do it later if I feel like.

...That's quite literally what we did.
Notice the rest of my message, please.
I don't think you understand the full context behind people's frustration with the WWE deletion threads, but I'm much too lazy to explain it in full right now. I might do it later if I feel like.
In truth I am very tired of this entire ordeal myself. Several ordeals, actually. But if you do write it, it'd probably best be delivered in PMs.

Reporting Vapourrrr due to his stonewalling in the Tokyo Revengers calc stacking CRT.

He has been almost single-handedly dragging out that thread for 9 pages and nearly a week in real time, and has basically refused to respond in any way to a myriad of different people saying that different calcs are bullshit and need to be reworked at the very least, at least outside of going “nuh-uh” and claiming bias.

He has also done a lesser version in a couple associated threads, but the Calc stacking thread Here is the main one.

Having now read through his comments on the linked thread, I am inclined to agree. His participation ranges anywhere from arguments that are overtly terrible (Mikey broke the sound barrier with his kick because it made a loud noise) to just dismissive gestures like:

Yes they are, YOU HAVE NOT READ TOKYO REVENGERS, there are multiple casual FTE feats

We don't really have very good guidelines for what constitutes disruptive participation in a discussion aside from cussing at people, but I do gather that his presence in the thread is counter-productive.

Reporting Vapourrrr due to his stonewalling in the Tokyo Revengers calc stacking CRT.

He has been almost single-handedly dragging out that thread for 9 pages and nearly a week in real time, and has basically refused to respond in any way to a myriad of different people saying that different calcs are bullshit and need to be reworked at the very least, at least outside of going “nuh-uh” and claiming bias.

He has also done a lesser version in a couple associated threads, but the Calc stacking thread Here is the main one.
I'm going to choose to not continue speaking on the Monke situation above, even if I disagree with a couple of things said.

Vapourrr in particular has been exceptionally problematic on Tokyo Revengers calculations, taking any staff rejection as some form of conspiracy or collusion, which obviously immediately destroys any ability to have a discussion in good faith. I'm not terribly familiar with the issues plaguing the verse but I've heard from more and more people that it's becoming a problem.

As someone that initially wanted to help fix the verse situation by contacting CGMs, I can absolutely say Vapourrrr has a long history of stonewalling threads. That one has some of the worse examples, but is absolutely not the only one.

When multiple of the people I contacted straight up refused to even participate, that should be telling. Even I got frustrated near the end and just left the thread altogether.

This thread is another example. The moment @Vapourrrrr arrives to one, the thread gets immediately stonewalled to multiple pages of incessant arguing. Even when explained by calc group members why the calculations are wrong or need a fix, he immediately dismisses them. Happened multiple times with @KLOL506 on multiple threads.

Ok, i feel like i have to ask this, can someone check his IP and see if @Vapourrrrr is a sockpuppet of @cloudyagami ?
I've also had suspicion of this.

This thread is another example. The moment @Vapourrrrr arrives to one, the thread gets immediately stonewalled to multiple pages of incessant arguing. Even when explained by calc group members why the calculations are wrong or need a fix, he immediately dismisses them. Happened multiple times with @KLOL506 on multiple threads.
I can vow you on this one as i also tried to observed and made the discussion way better by reminded and said to stop him but he still continued the behaviour and being over snarky to me, and at that point i decided to just abandon the thread
I planned to showed the other evidence with that thread but you beat me to it lel
I asked DDM about it but apperently.....Vapouurrr and Cloudyagami aren't the same person

Regardless of whether they're the same person, if their participation in TR threads is so frustrating that multiple staff members refuse to even engage, then we should just topic ban him probably permanently. To be clear, I have no interest in TR as a verse, but every thread I've been shown with him in it leads me to believe he is relentlessly thick-skulled and rude to others.

Anyway since we're still talking about Tokyo Revengers biggest issue, i might just going to suggesting about what i said on the thread that Leph posted:
Due of the infamy that Tokyo Revengers had (bad as heck calculations, low quality pages, etc), the refusal of CGM to come, and with how chaotic the supporters are to deal with, i recommend to make a staff-only thread about Tokyo Revengers and only allowed few of TK supporters to join
Or we can go with the deletion path and re-create the whole verse from scratch

Regardless of whether they're the same person, if their participation in TR threads is so frustrating that multiple staff members refuse to even engage, then we should just topic ban him probably permanently. To be clear, I have no interest in TR as a verse, but every thread I've been shown with him in it leads me to believe he is relentlessly thick-skulled and rude to others.
I do not mind if we give Vapourrrrr an around 6 months topic ban from Tokyo Revengers.

Anyway, regarding @TheMonkeMan . I think that he has always seemed nice and well-behaved in the past, at least in his interactions with me. Is there any chance that we can reduce his block to 2 weeks instead?
He was acceptable up until about two weeks ago to me, however he has had a warpath set for certain users for some time longer, it seems. I think a month is still more than acceptable given the cocktail of rules broken.

Can definitely agree there when it comes to @Vapourrrrr after having reviewed some of the recent Tokyo Revengers threads hell in this one he is arguing against what should be the simple removal of calcs on the TR verse that aren't even accepted yet have been applied to profiles

Its got into the second page because of it and he's arguing against shit that KLOL and Therefir already commented on and disproved in other threads

Reporting... @Dereck03 and @Antvasima I guess, for making changes to Anos' profile without any public discussion. The edits were re-adding resistances that I had previously removed (accepted here and here), and no CRT was made to add them again. While the resistances to soul and mind hax were removed, resistance to CM and law hax remain, which is unacceptable considering we previously had a multiple page long discussion about how they were, in fact, fine to be removed.

TL;DR: Staff members are just straight up adding previously removed abilities on a whim. Maybe it was right to start a civil war with them.

cover2.jpg

Staff reports go to HR. You ought to know this, and inciting poor behavior there is wickedly close to being a rule violation itself.

We're not gonna blow up the RVR with this, so I will repeat: take it to HR. I will delete further discussion.

Im sorry but

If your a CGM who doesn't review Tokyo Revengers calcs you should NOT be able to join the CRTS because no matter how trusted or respected you are if you refuse to review any calcs from TR you have to have an agenda whether it be small or large

I'm just debating, just because I'm debating doesn't mean I should be topic banned

when the thread turns into people wanting to delete the verse and take down every calc, it will turn into multiple pages especially when more and more people join, you say I stone wall ect but I don't, we agreed to change a couple calc ect

Just because a CGM says something does not mean it's correct, I can still debate with them on certain points ?

Can definitely agree there when it comes to @Vapourrrrr after having reviewed some of the recent Tokyo Revengers threads hell in this one he is arguing against what should be the simple removal of calcs on the TR verse that aren't even accepted yet have been applied to profiles

Its got into the second page because of it and he's arguing against shit that KLOL and Therefir already commented on and disproved in other threads
I wasn't arguing I was just asking to look at my calc's to re instate them, not that deep

Staff reports go to HR. You ought to know this, and inciting poor behavior there is wickedly close to being a rule violation itself.

We're not gonna blow up the RVR with this, so I will repeat: take it to HR. I will delete further discussion.
Just a brief comment that I think that Dereck03 was discussing the issue in private with Mr. Bambu, Deagonx, and myself, and explained that there had been a mistake when the reverted revisions were applied, but I do not remember well.

Just a brief comment that I think that Dereck03 was discussing the issue in private with Mr. Bambu, Deagonx, and myself, and explained that there had been a mistake when the reverted revisions were applied, but I do not remember well.
At the time, the controversy was primarily that it had been applied with a small consensus (2 agrees, 3 neutrals) with Derek's disagree.

The focal point was Fuji applying it, everyone was clear that she hadn't pulled the wool over anyone's eyes in doing so, the matter of whether it was a sufficient vote was sort of secondary to that and everything got out of hand fairly fast.

I don't necessarily think it should've been reverted, but at the end of the day we can make another CRT to focus on those two issues and attempt to come to a more decisive agreement on what to do.

In any case, it is best that the RVR not become a proxy war for MG issues.

As someone that initially wanted to help fix the verse situation by contacting CGMs, I can absolutely say Vapourrrr has a long history of stonewalling threads. That one has some of the worse examples, but is absolutely not the only one.

When multiple of the people I contacted straight up refused to even participate, that should be telling. Even I got frustrated near the end and just left the thread altogether.

I'd say topicban him from TR
So about these.

Not gonna lie, this kind of comment is a great example of the problem. No one is considering banning you for "debating" and it's this kind of bad faith approach to discussion that creates an issue.
Well my debating is "stone walling" (which I didn't know was bannable)

how is it stone walling, the topics last for multiple pages because people bring up so many things for example

We went from dodging and blitzing feats to randomly going to AP feats to randomly wanting to delete the verse to making fun of the verse to saying things like Koji beats Mikey to Taiju sending 6 people flying to wind calculations ect

You can't not expect it to not be a long thread when there are multiple new commers stating there concerns ect

Back