• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I mean, based on Promestein's comment that I linked above, he also uses it to insult members behind their backs. I feel like DMing staff for the explicit purpose of going "here's why I hate this person" is going a bit beyond just asking for input. Even then he could just... Ask on their walls like literally any other person does? Of course, he'll also use these DMs as "proof" that staff secretly agrees with him, and because quoted messages are easily editable and these are private DMs, there's literally no way to verify his claims are true. This kinda shows that actual input is irrelevant, he can just DM staff, have them say whatever, and go "look guys they totally agree with me so you're wrong!!"

Well, our staff likely dislike Touhou threads because there are so many of them, because they are very time-consuming, and because it is an unpopular and rather obscure verse that few people are interested in, but Malomtek does tend to PM us staff members about Touhou every now and then, including once recently, yes. He isn't being impolite when doing so though.
Yeah uh

It's just as, if not more popular than pages from verses like Undertale or FNaF, which are both some of the most widely recognized indie games in recent history. It's far more popular than you're claiming it is. Even then, why should obscure verses be barred from having CRTs? Less popular verses deserve quality on par with that of popular verses.
unknown.png

Yeah, it's not really harassment. But he is admittedly obnoxious and he does have a history of also being inconsistent. It wasn't just Touhou threads, but he also made some similar comments since 2019 for other verses and often messaged staff via message walls and demanded input. And I'll admit both sides are quite obnoxious, though I do think Malomtek is the side at more fault overall given that most Touhou supporters are generally friendly and well behaved at least until he shows up. Which is understandable but not necessary since "Ignore Mal' comments could cross territory of poisoning the well. I don't want to propose any bans, but this is admittedly something that has been going on quite a bit and we can't be just giving slaps on the wrist forever.

Even if something is only obnoxious, that doesn't mean you should let it continue forever. You have to draw a line eventually, and even for just Touhou, this has been going on for at least 7 months.

Perhaps a warning of some kind will do? I don't think this is really ban worthy or anything. It's not a big offense, but if it's a constant source of annoyance for numerous staff members, then a warning is definitely warranted.

Perhaps a warning of some kind will do? I don't think this is really ban worthy or anything. It's not a big offense, but if it's a constant source of annoyance for numerous staff members, then a warning is definitely warranted.
He's been warned so many times now. There's gotta be an upper limit on how many times someone needs to be warned before people realize that further action needs to be taken. This specific thing may be small but its on top of countless other things.

He's been warned so many times now. There's gotta be an upper limit on how many times someone needs to be warned before people realize that further action needs to be taken. This specific thing may be small but its on top of countless other things.
Well, I don't really partake in Touhou threads at all, so you're going to have to cite some of these major offences so I understand the severity of the situation.
So far, I haven't really seen much that would warrant a ban. Although, perhaps a topic/verse/thread ban might be needed if the verse supporters feel that way.

Again, he isn't really a problem, just rather time-consuming, and his comments within the PMs are not of an offensive nature. It has been a long time since his previous PM thread, and in the latest one he just asked for permission to undo some changes that he thought had not been properly accepted by our staff. That isn't warning-worthy, and it is arguable more extreme to take up such matters in this public rule-violation reports thread in order to try to get something to happen to somebody who disagrees with oneself, as Fujiwara did above.

I won't be able to respond for a while but real quick I just wanna say that accusing me of only trying to ban someone because I disagree with them is downright insulting. I've disagreed with various things with nearly every single other user I've interacted with and have not reported them. This is solely about Mal's repeated behavior, and assuming anything beyond that is absurd. I can also provide screenshots of me and other Touhou supporters discussing this issue and whether or not we should go through with a report over Discord, just to show this isn't a personal thing.

Also most of Mal's prior offenses have been covered in the RVR before. I can find each report after work assuming nobody beats me to it.

Okay. No problem then. I thought that this might have been a "he is so tiresome that I want to shut him up" issue.

he just asked for permission to undo some changes that he thought had not been properly accepted by our staff.
The problem is exactly this part, though. We had several staff agreements, and the accepted justifications were added. I believe only one other member disagreed, but Mal was the only person still trying to argue against the upgrades. And now going by what you said, even after we had a staff member close the thread properly, he tried opening it back up.

If there was a lack on consensus or a split between agreement with members, that's understandable. However, as far as I know, most staff and even members that are not knowledgable on Touhou, had agreed with the upgrades, and only Mal wanted it open to continue arguing his points endlessly. When you combine this alleged constant DMing with a recent request to open a thread again, and his circular arguments and stonewalling, it can come off as intentionally preventing upgrades from passing.

I'm not accusing him of trying that, but it comes off that way. That's all I'll say on the matter unless someone in staff would like me to respond in some way.

@Malomtek

You should probably be aware of this discussion, but please do not start to bicker with Fujiwara or other Touhou supporters. Thank you.

I mean, being a minor annoyance to staff isn't bannable imo. Neither is asking for input. I can get a long banlist ready if y'all disagree though.

Like I think this is unnecessary appeal to tradition here, if it was ANY OTHER USER except Malmotek ding this they won't be reported. Singling him out specifically is unnecessary, his history adds nothing substantial.

Funny how I was pinged before and yet it didn't register on my alerts until Antvasima pinged me again.
I feel like DMing staff for the explicit purpose of going "here's why I hate this person" is going a bit beyond just asking for input.
But I don't do that. I contact staff usually to have them comment or give their input on certain threads, not entirely to gripe about specific people. You (and the other Touhou supporters) are making a mountain out of a molehill, and I genuinely don't see any "good faith" point to any of this.

I mean, being a minor annoyance to staff isn't bannable imo. Neither is asking for input. I can get a long banlist ready if y'all disagree though.

Like I think this is unnecessary appeal to tradition here, if it was ANY OTHER USER except Malmotek ding this they won't be reported. Singling him out specifically is unnecessary, his history adds nothing substantial.
I agree with The Impress.
I just want to add that if we're going to be reporting people for petty behaviors, what should we consider this?

"Please stop posting. Your words are like sandpaper to my eyes."

Is this not significantly more "rule-breaking" than me talking to staff members about thread proceedings or whatever?

There's also this (which I mostly agree with):
No they are not
I have been attacked multiple times on the threads for disagreeing
They are extremely hostile once you don’t see things from their point of view and Malomtek being someone who is knowledgeable on Touhou does not really see things from their view most times, so I can understand his frustration some times.

And it is not only Malomtek that has warning and been banned, Fujiwara too has been banned because of her hostility on Touhou threads and she did not stop such acts. In fact both of them were banned at the same time due to being hostile to one-another.

And I am not defending Malomtek actions, I just don’t like him being painted as the black sheep. If he sends things in DMs that is a violation(such as attacking other member) then he can get whatever he deserves but so far he has not broken any rule by sending a DM trying to get inputs in his favor

Funny how I was pinged before and yet it didn't register on my alerts until Antvasima pinged me again.

But I don't do that. I contact staff usually to have them comment or give their input on certain threads, not entirely to gripe about specific people. You (and the other Touhou supporters) are making a mountain out of a molehill, and I genuinely don't see any "good faith" point to any of this.
Promestein's comments suggest otherwise. I have never DMed her (I'll gladly show the list of my DMs as proof), so the "stop taking potshots at each other, especially in my DMs" comment could only really be applied to you.

If he's constantly bothering staff in a manner that Ant even admits is obnoxious, and this has been going on for months, that at least warrants some kind of action, even if not an outright ban. If people are bothered by it in some capacity, and it seems like they are, do something about it.

I had initially been under the impression that mods or staff were more bothered by this than the actually are. If staff is fine with everything, then I suppose that's really all there is to it (at least that's how it see it).

I apologize if I made things any worse, everyone.
Yeah, fair.

???????

I'm not being hostile. I'm just pointing out that Mal isn't just doing this for the sake of input. It's also so he can badmouth people he doesn't like to staff.

I had initially been under the impression that mods or staff were more bothered by this than the actually are. If staff is fine with everything, then I suppose that's really all there is to it (at least that's how it see it).

I apologize if I made things any worse, everyone.
No problem.
Promestein's comments suggest otherwise.
Malomtek used to send a lot more PMs over half a year ago than he does currently.

Can someone please ban TimmyTurnero permanently? He was arguing that Character A can beat Character B. I disagreed with him and said "some people can't powerscale" and he responded by calling me a bozo. Here is proof. Now, this may not seem like it warrants a permanent ban, but this guy has already been banned TWICE, if not more, for very hostile behavior. In fact, one of those bans happened because he was heavily insulting me, and now he is doing it again. He is just always hostile whenever someone disagrees with him and resorts to personal attacks and insults.

Can someone please ban TimmyTurnero permanently? He was arguing that Character A can beat Character B. I disagreed with him and said "some people can't powerscale" and he responded by calling me a bozo. Here is proof. Now, this may not seem like it warrants a permanent ban, but this guy has already been banned TWICE, if not more, for very hostile behavior. In fact, one of those bans happened because he was heavily insulting me, and now he is doing it again. He is just always hostile whenever someone disagrees with him and resorts to personal attacks and insults.
Link to thread?

And that seems like a heated argument, nothing ban worthy. On top of that, bozo isn't that bad of a word. It we banned people for using minor minor insults like this, then... Might as well as get rid of 90% of the users, eh? Also, bozo is often times used in a friendly manner instead of hostile manner - at least from my experience on various sites and even irl.

But anyway, I would like to see the context of the said report. How it started and why and whatnot. You can't just screenshot one part and point fingers for various things.

Link to thread?

And that seems like a heated argument, nothing ban worthy. On top of that, bozo isn't that bad of a word. It we banned people for using minor minor insults like this, then... Might as well as get rid of 90% of the users, eh? Also, bozo is often times used in a friendly manner instead of hostile manner - at least from my experience on various sites and even irl.

But anyway, I would like to see the context of the said report. How it started and why and whatnot. You can't just screenshot one part and point fingers for various things.
That screenshot was basically the whole conversation, but sure, here is the link to the thread.

How about you liking this comment calling them Timmytomato after that? If you want to report someone for calling you bozo, you probably should avoid getting involved in a post that's aimed towards them in such a manner.

Oh, and your response to that post itself btw isn't any better.

In addition to, you sorta began "insulting" them by saying how some people can't power scale properly. And have been Hella aggressive and a bit condescending towards them too.

So, you know... Neither of you are in the right over something this trivial. And if this was actually an issue - which it isn't, there are multiple staff, including admins, who could take care of it.

For the record, people having different ideas of power scaling doesn't make them lesser than you. There is no "proper" way to power scale, everyone has their method. Maybe their method isn't in line with you or the site, that doesn't give you or someone else to be aggressive towards them, and then have the audacity to report them because they called you bozo.

I agree that nothing ban-worthy has happened here. An official regular warning instruction message is probably fine though.

I agree that nothing ban-worthy has happened here. An official regular warning instruction message is probably fine though.
@TimmyTurnero

You preferably need to improve on your behaviour in this community by not making any more toxic comments.

Im not gonna argue against yall bc in technically in the wrong.. but is calling someone a bozzo that bad? Especially in a joking manner
Definition of bozo: a stupid, rude, or insignificant person, especially a man

Calling someone "insignificant" and "stupid" doesn't seem very nice, now does it? And considering that the insult came from you... someone who has been banned multiple times for extremely disrespectful and hostile behavior, I doubt it was in a joking manner. But whatever, I'm not going to continue this because you're just going to keep saying you were "joking" even though an infant could tell you weren't

Last edited:
I have now locked the page.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Is that sufficiently controversial to be locked though?

Back