• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Speedster's honestly just been a bit of an annoyance in Versus Threads. He's partially responsible for getting a Versus Thread to 13 pages in the span of a day or so. In other matches, he consistently stonewalls, making the same arguments over again (like in this thread), frequently goes "[x ability/move] gg" at the start of a match (here, here, and here) without regarding the other profiles' abilities, and argues for out of character tactics for one of the characters.

Some of this isn't exclusive to Versus Threads either, he sometimes stonewalls and repeats arguments in CRTs as well, but I can't be bothered finding those since he just posts so fast and so much.

I'm not staff, so I'm not advocate for a matchmaking ban or anything of the sort since that's not my job, but I feel like something needs to be done because it's just getting frustrating at this point.
That's not fair their were also many other people participating in the thread.
The wankin is only a miniscule part of the issue, the brunt of it is the massive, huge, repeated stonewalling and Argumentum ad nauseum that most everyone whos debated Speedster knows him for. Just one of those is annoying, both of them repeatedly has a tendency to drive people up the wall so fast they need a seat and a steering wheel.
So that's what this is about? Seriously. Look I am not that good in debates but I haven't insulted or offended anyone in anyway. This isn't fair. I apologized and haven't done anything serious yet you want me to be punished?

Well, he has actually improved his behavior in that aspect after his ban, because when he started he was hilarious to the point of saying that demon king of NNT stomps Anos, but well, it seems that he is getting back to his old self again.

Well, he has actually improved his behavior in that aspect after his ban, because when he started he was hilarious to the point of saying that demon king of NNT stomps Anos, but well, it seems that he is getting back to his old self again.
Please explain. I have apolgized and haven't done anything too serious besides not being too good at debates.

I've also noticed the stonewalling. I think maybe it's best to just ignore the stonewalls and either accept his vote (if it's valid), or don't count his vote and just ignore the repeated comments that are trying to stonewall the conversation. If he's hosting the thread and doesn't add the votes, then I can see him being banned from creating vs matches.

If he says stuff like "Soul hax GG" at the beginning of threads, in my stance I'd just ignore it as it's not exactly what you'd call a valid vote.

Edit: If he repeatedly attempts to stonewall after his opinion has been taken into account by both opposing arguments, and the OP makes their decision on whether or not to include said votes, then he should also back down or risk getting a block from vs threads.

Please explain. I have apolgized and haven't done anything too serious besides not being too good at debates.
What do you want me to explain? That you should improve your behavior in this aspect? Or that if you are not good at VS debates then just try to inform yourself better about it to avoid all this that is happening? Taking time off from vs debates knowing that you always start wanting to close matchs when your favorite character is going to lose or restricting everything for your character to win, stonewalling or whatever?

That's not fair their were also many other people participating in the thread.
That's why I said partially responsible. As in, "you are part of the problem too". I never solely blamed you for the thread getting to 13 pages so fast, but you are one of the people who did it.

I don't think Speedster is a bad dude. I think he's just rather inexperienced when it comes to debates and just sticks to his guns.

Oh yeah, forgot that he's horrible in tournament threads as well
But since when was that aganst the rules being bad at debates? Looks like you guys are trying to get me in trouble. But why though have I offended you in anyway. Why do you keep bringing up past behaviour?
What do you want me to explain? That you should improve your behavior in this aspect? Or that if you are not good at VS debates then just try to inform yourself better about it to avoid all this that is happening? Taking time off from vs debates knowing that you always start wanting to close matchs when your favorite character is going to lose or restricting everything for your character to win, stonewalling or whatever?
That sounds reasonable but please try to understand I mean no harm

So that's what this is about? Seriously. Look I am not that good in debates but I haven't insulted or offended anyone in anyway. This isn't fair. I apologized and haven't done anything serious yet you want me to be punished?
I never said I wanted you punished, did I?

But since when was that aganst the rules being bad at debates? Looks like you guys are trying to get me in trouble. But why though have I offended you in anyway. Why do you keep bringing up past behaviour?
I didn't say that you were bad at debates. I said you suck in tournament threads.

You're the type to nominate several one shot hax characters in a tournament about no one shot hax, then you repeatedly say "one shot hax gg" as a wincon, then whenever your character is wrong, you spam "stomp", and try to close threads so your character doesn't lose.

Then he breathes over and over after every thread that his NNT characters lose in that
Don't worry I'll get this match removed after the NNT upgrades
Or
When NNT upgrades happen I'm leaving the wiki

I didn't say that you were bad at debates. I said you suck in tournament threads.

You're the type to nominate several one shot hax characters in a tournament about no one shot hax, then you repeatedly say "one shot hax gg" as a wincon, then whenever your character is wrong, you spam "stomp", and try to close threads so your character doesn't lose.

Then he breathes over and over after every thread that his NNT characters lose in that

Or
But I was under the impresion that the character was fine for the tournament since the op added the character. Yes I admit my rash behaviour is problematic and I am slightly biased to my favourite verse but I haven't tried to cause problems on purpose. Also the last part is true but not really important right now.

But I was under the impresion that the character was fine for the tournament since the op added the character. Yes I admit my rash behaviour is problematic and I am slightly biased to my favourite verse but I haven't tried to cause problems on purpose. Also the last part is true but not really important right now.
"slightly"

I honestly don't think this is much of an issue to continue going in circles over it. In any case, to end this, I think Speedster should be watched closely in versus threads and if he continues to do so, just ban him from versus threads for much longer even longer
Imho, if he doesn't shape up, I think a year vs match ban seems fair, then if he continues to not behave still, permanently.

Yeah, I'm sure Speedster is a good dude, he just needs to learn when he's off the deep end sometimes. He should probably try to relax and not make so many posts in a short amount of time, or look at a few Versus Threads to get a general idea of how to debate. Because, in my opinion, he's just inexperienced.

Yeah, he’s had a few dodgy practices in the 6-B tournament he’s running now

Just one example would be when someone submitted Joker from Persona, and he blocked him for his Fate Hax and overall too many hax, then he submitted Joker himself later in the signup and argued the fate hax was non combat applicable, when he had an issue with it a matter of days ago
Not to mention Joker was a replacement for Madara, who was only removed after people pointed out he broke damn near every rule about character choice in the tournament

He has also argued on end about out of character attacks and acting as if they are a regular option for the character he’s arguing for

Misrepresented Character abilities

And caused whatever the hell happened here

Nothing against Speedster, he seems nice, but he defo can get in over his head to the detriment of threads in multiple areas
Yeah, I'm sure Speedster is a good dude, he just needs to learn when he's off the deep end sometimes. He should probably try to relax and not make so many posts in a short amount of time, or look at a few Versus Threads to get a general idea of how to debate. Because, in my opinion, he's just inexperienced.
So he shouldn't be banned or warned because "He's a good dude" what kind of logic is that?

What I was trying to say by "inexperienced" is that he doesn't seem to understand how to properly and methodically debate in CRTs and Versus Threads. Not that he's literally inexperienced, but that he doesn't the aspects of debating.
This. As someone who enjoys speedster and thinks he’s funny, and seemingly friendly/cool with him, I don’t think he’s dishonest or intentionally trying to annoy or lie to get his way, rather extraordinarily ignorant to the rules of the site, and this causes problems. Speedster is more annoying then malicious.

The 9000+ comments come mainly from spamming, which wouldn’t allow for him to learn the intricacies of the site, and it’s rules.

Speedster should be warned harshly. This warning should include not spamming and learning how to properly use this site and debate. He should also be told to honestly engage with people and pay attention to specific rules. I think this would clear any issues we have with him atm.

Let's drop this, shall we? It's gone on for much longer than it needs over something so trivial.

If someone wants to step up and watch him closely - not like stalking or anything, mind you, just once in a while - and see if improves. If not, then ban him from versus stuff. As far as I can see, he seems fine in CRTs these days, so that much is good.

Speedster should be warned harshly.
I’m not trying to be harsh on anyone but the chance of Speedster not causing problems after a harsh warning are 0.

It’s not my place to say the specifics of what I think are best, thats staff’s decision, but a warning helps nothing and nobody imo

Let's drop this, shall we? It's gone on for much longer than it needs over something so trivial.

If someone wants to step up and watch him closely - not like stalking or anything, mind you, just once in a while - and see if improves. If not, then ban him from versus stuff. As far as I can see, he seems fine in CRTs these days, so that much is good.
I feel like a lot has been brought up since the issue he was originally reported for got resolved, there’s a tournament round’s worth of derailing, overrating/making up the extent of character’s abilities, and general derailment

He’s amassed several reports about his bias and tactics to force a victory for any character that suits his favor (I remember at least THREE other instances).
I agree but also want to point out this is an issue with any versus thread and these can all happen regardless of whether he made the thread

idk if this is actually an issue in threads Speedster isn’t behind but if it is then a ban on only making threads is a half-fix

No offense, but Speedster should’ve been banned from making match ups. He’s amassed several reports about his bias and tactics to force a victory for any character that suits his favor (I remember at least THREE other instances).

Like KT said, 9000 messages isn’t inexperienced. He’s been warned before. I simply say shoot him down.
That was in the past
I agree but also want to point out this is an issue with any versus thread and these can all happen regardless of whether he made the thread

idk if this is actually an issue in threads Speedster isn’t behind but if it is then a ban on only making threads is a half-fix
I literally apologize and I am trying to fix this

I mean, Con dealt with the original report, but people have brought up new stuff and it still needs to be addressed, tournament match or not, match that will be added or not.

Back