• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Reduce it to 3 months for now. I don't think guilt-tripping or relying on the threat of suicide is a very good methodology of appealing a ban, however in this instance it seems more genuine than manipulative. All are entitled to bad days, let us just hope the man doesn't do anything rash.

Last edited:
Reduce it to 3 months for now. I don't think guilt-tripping or relying on the threat of suicide is a very good methodology of appealing a ban, however in this instance it seems more genuine than manipulative. All are entitled to bad days, let us just hope the man doesn't do anything rash.
Based on his final statement to me, I don't think his coming back.

He has apparently used several sockpuppets to troll this community in the past, so it seems inappropriate to reduce his block. It is very unfortunate that he feels so bad though.

Last edited:
I don't want to be seen as an asshole here, but is Drio/Pandimensional's depression not just an attempt to gain sympathy? I know what it's like being in a very depressed state where you don't want to live, heck I've even tried a few times to end it all, and I'm not trying to potentially ignore the issues they might which hurts them but as far as I've seen haven't they spent almost a year or two creating a ruckus with sockpuppets while also being accused of handing out death threats?
Forgive me for continuing this topic, but if this behavior has been consistently common from him then I want to remain skeptical tis all

Warrior beat me to it. It's pretty obvious at this point that he is absolutely pretending to be unwell and suicidal just to reduce his ban.

I am not sure. I had a long period of severe mental illness and suicidal depression myself, due to very bad overmedication, before I came to this community, and I lashed out and did a lot of really crazy and stupid things during this time period. I never behaved like he did by threatening and deliberately trolling of course, but nevertheless.

I think we should avoid speculating on their mental illness and current state of mind fully.

But from an objective standpoint it seems like it's best to not have them on the wiki, due to their repeated rulebreaking in the past, and if genuine, their own wellbeing as debating can cause great stress often enough.

We can offer condolences to Drio, but any other action may set a poor precedent on our community, and it may genuinely be destructive for both parties involved.

And I think to be respectful in the scenario of it being genuine, we should stop discussion on the matter here.

Mind you, if he had not been in-your-face pushy and treated me as a servant, I would have been willing to help him out.

Mind you, if he had not been in-your-face pushy and treated me as a servant, I would have been willing to help him out.
That's a very bad attitude on his part, you stood your ground regardless of his behavior.

Is somebody else in our staff willing to apply the warning?

That's a very bad attitude on his part, you stood your ground regardless of his behavior.
Well, I am bad at handling people who suddenly get confrontational with me, so I could definitely have handled it more professionally. Normally people either ask me nicely to help them out or comply with doing their part.

Oh sweet lord have mercy...

I'm in agreement with a heavy warning, from expierience Ant very, very rarely unreasonable about things. And it's why we link the CRT in-question, so people know why the changes were made. And that kind of attitude from someone who is technically in the wrong is not exactly good.
Well, I am bad at handling people who suddenly get confrontational with me, so I could definitely have handled it more professionally. Normally people either ask me nicely to help them out or comply with doing their part.
Can't say I would've handled it better, your doing your best.

Well, anyway he had no reason to show that kind of behavior and aggression from the beginning, it was his fault for not following the basic rules when editing and applying CRT's.

And as always, thank you for your good work and patience.

A heavy warning is fine. If he continues to be confrontational after that, we can give him a few weeks ban.

from experience Ant very, very rarely unreasonable about things
In proportion to how much work I do, I try to be reasonable, but I sometimes mess up due to being overexerted, impatient, and/or finding it annoying to repeat myself, so there is definitely room for improvement.

Anyway, is somebody else in our staff willing to handle the warning?

In proportion to how much work I do, I try to be reasonable, but I sometimes mess up due to being overexerted, impatient, and/or finding it annoying to repeat myself, so there is definitely room for improvement.
Which is why I said very, very rarely. Your human, you make mistakes, we all do, nobody is perfect, so keep on trucking the best you can!

Sorry if I'm derailing a little bit here, but I feel as if we're not vocal enough in encouraging people to link the CRT's in which revisions were accepted. Everyone on this site should be doing that whenever applying CRTs and I try to do so whenever I'm applying CRTs, but sometimes I forget to do so, because I'm almost never reminded. We should try to make more of an effort to encourage people to link the CRTs in all honesty.

Failure to link CRTs when applying revisions can lead to situations like what just happened. Josh certainly got overly aggressive and rude, and the warning is totally justified, but I feel we need to do a better job of encouraging linking stuff to avoid these situations happening in the future. I just wanted to get that thought out there.

Back