• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/627709#83

Stuff like this is against the rules, this isn't the first time he verbally and personally attacks me rather than actually arguing.

Why are we accepting this behavior and letting an Admin act against the rules of the site he Administers? To ignore the basis of the own legal system you are a part of is to be a tyrant.

I don't think banning is necessary. Demoting is a more appropriate approach.

I also disagree with demoting A6colute, I mean his actions definitely warrant a punishment(IMO a strong warning is what should be done, preferably by a bureaucrat like ant.) but a demotion is a bit much especially since their have been other staff members who have spoken out far worse than what I've seen A6C done.

I also agree the actions and words done by a staff member shouldn't be treated that much differently from a normal user. However since this is something we have just agreed too execute from now on. We should give A6 another chance, especially for all he's done for the wiki(programming etc.).

He's been like this ever since I've been on the wiki. This behavior is not excusable, and is unlikely to change. The fact that he's a staff member only makes demoting him a more clear choice; he's supposed to be a role model. And he's not. He's acting awful; if he was a regular user, he'd have been banned very quickly.

The only staff member I've seen act comparable to A6colute without admitting his mistakes is Tivanenk, and he's gone. I appreciate what A6colute has done for the wiki, but we can't let this go unpunished. It's a bad precedent and sets a bad example. A warning won't change this.

Judging from the guys contributions; knowledge I've amassed from word of mouth. The guy should be a content moderator and should be advised to steer clear of discussion threads. Unless he's willing to drop his unnecessarily aggressive attitude and engage in actual productive conversation.

@AMM but what about the fact that he has made incomplete pages with little to no justification? Wouldn't that be bad for a content moderator?

@Sera: A Content revision thread can be made for those pages, with A6C explaining why their stats should be the way they are. It would give more solid justifications for the stats placed there anyways.

Anyways, Ant needs to come and check this out.

I agree with Prom and Matt. He dun goofed and that shouldn't be dealt with only by a slap on the wrist. It'll make us look rather biased to ourselves, and given that some community members already don't have 'butterflies and rainbows' opinions of us, well...

I have sent private messages to A6colute regarding his behaviour, and informed Kavpeny about the complaints.

The problem is that he has been here with me and Kavpeny since we started to reform the wiki into what it is today, as they were the first members that I promoted. He has been of enormous help in the past with writing most of our powers & abilities pages, assisting in major wiki revision projects, and other tasks. He also generally stays out of everybody's way, without causing any trouble, and is very knowledgeable about the tiering system. It would feel like a betrayal from me to just suddenly demote him after helping me out for 2 years.

That said, yes, this behaviour is unacceptable. Let's wait for input from Kavpeny to see what he thinks.

Gemmysaur said:
I agree with Prom and Matt. He dun goofed and that shouldn't be dealt with only by a slap on the wrist. It'll make us look rather biased to ourselves, and given that some community members already don't have 'butterflies and rainbows' opinions of us, well...
^ This. I agree that his behaviour is overall unbecoming for a staff member. But I also agree with @Ant. Let's be patient.

A6colute has stated that he overreacted, behaved very inappropriately, and will try to avoid discussions with other members of the wiki in the future.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/627709#107

Given this, combined with his long service, and extreme levels of help, to this community, I think that we should give him another chance.

If there is another incident similar to this, we will likely have to do something about it however.

[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Matthew_Schroeder']Matthew Schroeder[/URL] said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/627709#83

Stuff like this is against the rules, this isn't the first time he verbally and personally attacks me rather than actually arguing.

Why are we accepting this behavior and letting an Admin act against the rules of the site he Administers? To ignore the basis of the own legal system you are a part of is to be a tyrant.
My first question: why is A6colute's behaviour being discussed here of all places?

Issues between staff members are to be determined via PM's between each other, or in case of irreparable differences, be brought to the attention of a bureaucrat directly, again, via a PM.

I would like to remind you, Matthew, that the rules which you wish to uphold also state, explicitly might I add, that staff differences are to be handled internally.

^ I have been particularly strict about this, and each and every new staff member has been informed about this right when they were promoted.

You present a valid point, Matthew. However, the manner in which you deliver it is particularly vexing. There is a pre-established channel to handle such incidents, yet you've completely ignored it, resulting in this chaotic and disgraceful mock-witch hunt.

If a staff member is behaving inappropriately, bring the matter to a bureaucrat's attentio. Don't be hesitant about it, it is our job to handle staff disputes and misbehaviour.

I do NOT wish to see discussion of a staff member's behaviour in such a manner, regardless of the situation.

Am I being absolutely clear?

[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Matthew_Schroeder']Matthew Schroeder[/URL] said:
To ignore the basis of the own legal system you are a part of is to be a tyrant.
Remind me, since when does posting memes/being rude bear a label of being a "tyrant"? Do I agree that A6colute was in the wrong? Unequivocally. However, rudeness/unpleasantness is just that; rudeness. Is is punishable? Undoubtedly. Is it a serious matter of concern, if it involves a senior administrator? Again, yes. But were his actions even remotely close to being tyrannical? Absolutely not.

I get the point that you're trying to make, but you're throwing around particularly strong (offensive) terminology without a valid basis for their usage. As I'm sure you know, strong words, used incorrectly, have the potential to do a lot of damage, so kindly keep a check on your language.

I don't think he should be Staff. Consultant? I guess, but not Staff, specially not a Staff that is outranked only by the Bureucrats themselves.
What are you talking about? All members having the same staff position are equivalent. Obviously, there is a difference of seniority, but that's a minor issue at best.

Each and every staff position is ordered chronologically top-to-bottom, and not "rank-wise". I specifically re-wrote the page (a long while back) in a chronological order, so as to prevent feelings of inferiority and other power-struggle crap. A6colute having the first name under the Administrators section only signifies that he obtained the position before every other administrator, not that he "outranks" the other administrators.

[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:LordAizenSama']LordAizenSama[/URL] said:
From my own experience with A6 I'd also have to agree with something being done. Will he get demoted? I don't think so. should he? probably.

Sera Loveheart wrote:
I don't think banning is necessary. Demoting is a more appropriate approach.

Lina Shields wrote:
I am not in support of his demotion.

Grudgeman1706 wrote:
I also disagree with demoting A6colute.

Austrian-Man-Meat wrote:
The guy should be a content moderator and should be advised to steer clear of discussion threads.

Matthew Schroeder wrote:
I don't think he should be Staff.
Hmm...not sure how to phrase it, so I suppose being blunt would be the best option: Not your choice. NOT your decision. Whether or not someone should be (or no longer be) an administrator is not a popularity vote. PERIOD.

Again, am I being clear? The statements regarding demotion are, dare I say, destabilizing to the order of the wiki. Should staff members be afraid of being demoted on the basis of other people voting as such? It is an absurd notion, one which I want to thoroughly disabuse all the above participants of.

As for A6colute: As I previously stated, Matthew is in the right. Running out of patience is by no means a valid reason to skimp on an explanation, and resorting to sarcasm or utilization of memes. Please note that given his long service to the site, and enormous help to this community, he will be given a firm warning, which is, I may add, his last warning. This will be in addition to a public apology for resorting to the incorrect means of being sarcastic/posting memes. Lastly, repetition of such an incident will lead to a demotion.

P.S.:

Saikou The Lewd King
While I agree, I think we kinda need a Bureaucrat for this.

^ first sensible post I saw in the above discussion. Give the man a cookie for attempting to follow the proper channel to handle the scenario, which apparently EVERY other member failed to do.

I agree with Kavpeny as well. I apologize for my behavior; I should've known better than to worsen this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back