• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruins Test V. Mario

Man, this is ridiculous.

Well, with everything he's got going for him, at his best, he actually would pull this off. Not effortlessly, but still. The main issue is the reaction time. I personally find it fair and correct, but maybe not high enough to always garuentee an unscathed battle.

Ruins has Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and is capable of dodging lightning as well. Also Mario only has MHS+ reactions, however he has Hypersonic+ combat speed. So he isn't going to be able to land an attack on Ruins.

Ruins AP is only slightly lower and makes up for with intangibility. So all around I give this match to him.

@Not characters with equal reactions and combat speed can be hit by each other. Ruins can hit Mario since he is around as fast as his reactions.

@ryu ur right I just get confused on other characters stats but since mario has a slightly higher AP and dura I think he wins with mid-difficulty

@Not Will Mario's AP really help if Ruins's reactions are at least 40 times faster than him and has intangibility?

@NAMF I assumed Mario is the highest Hypersonic+ possible and that Ruins is the slowest MHS+ possible. So 40x faster is probably a lowball and the gap is likely larger.

So unless NotAMarioFan or Hop are able to make a counter arguement, it'll stay at

Ruins Test: 1

Mario: 0

Ryukama said:
@Not Will Mario's AP really help if Ruins's reactions are at least 40 times faster than him and has intangibility?
This. Ruin's reactions are over 40x times faster than Mario's and has intangibility. Mario gets blitzed.

@Daniel, this is the low 7-B and MHS+ reactions Mario, can you state what is the main tools to his success you're talking about?

I don't see how they would help Mario win, perhaps enlarge the battle's timespan, can you say how they would help?

Ignoreing the fact that the latter is game mechanics, how will instant kill touching help against Ruin Test's intangibility? And what if Mario touches his own reflection?

@Data

Well Mario's battle badges/Cards gives him the ability to manipulate time, invulnerability, nullifies all attacks, turn people into mushrooms, boost his defense/offense/Speed, force people to drop there items, hurt enemies without attacking, etc.

Hmm, good point.

But if the instakill reflected back at Mario, it wouldn't work. He is invincible, not to meniton Star powers don't work on Star Children, like Mario.

Ah true, so Mario stands quite the chance, but couldn't Ruins Test also survive long enough for it to go away?

@SD

Well Mario could activate his Time Stop Card/Badge and attack him during the time stop.Or use the mushroom card to turn him into a mushrooms. Or Mario can use one to nullifie all damage, making him immune to the damage reversal.

SomebodyData said:
Ah true, so Mario stands quite the chance, but couldn't Ruins Test also survive long enough for it to go away?
In game it lasts 10 seconds, in verse (comics and TV) it lasts around a minute or two.

So if Mario played his cards JUUUUST right, it could work. But this is a fair fight after all. We'll just refer to his intellegence and assume his standard setup includes two stars at most, and zero at worst.

@Soy Well aren't comics/TV non-canon?

@Mic Sure, although that would only work had he stop whenever the Ghost's symbol would pop up from the orb, which is rather rare, meaning that its likely that the moment time stop ends, he would have accumilated would kill Mario

SomebodyData said:
@Soy Well aren't comics/TV non-canon?
@Mic Sure, although that would only work had he stop whenever the Ghost's symbol would pop up from the orb, which is rather rare, meaning that its likely that the moment time stop ends, he would have accumilated would kill Mario
Depends, since 90% of the assets and lore are the same, just the visual depiciotn is changed slightly.

Then again, most fans are mixed with how to see it as it isn't strictly porduce by Nintendo, with the exception of the comic, which was made in part by Nintendo

I see

The only mario comic I remember is Super Mario-Kun, but considering how different it is to the source material...

granted since mario only has to hit ruins test four times thus granting him the victory and mario's durability should allow him the ability to figure out the way to beat the ruins test,and marios reaction time should allow him the ability to survive long enough since in most cases Ruins test will mainly use lightning as a form of attack. I'm pretty sure mario could pass this test and giving mario power-ups like the fireflower would only increase his chances.

@Mario However, doesn't the reflection stay on longer than the chozo symbol? And also, remember how potent the reversal is...

@somebody i understand how potent the reversal is but Mario wouldn't needlessly attack it either since Mario has taken similar tests before. his durability should allow for a couple mistakes and once the Mario figures out the answer it becomes a matter of patience and timing which Mario is really good at.

I don't think you understand how potent it is (non-lethal gun (so at best 10-B) turns into enough power to damage someone with 7-C dura)

Similar tests? Can you name one? I don't really recall.

The main reason why Samus found out was because she shot a few times... and I doubt Mario would find out before Samus would

Back