• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP • Records of Conflict Thread

"A weapon doesn't ask questions, it just acts."
Hermes points out.
WELL, I SUPPOSE IF NO ONE ELSE IS UP TO THE TASK I’LL TAKE IN THE ”WEAPON”. IT SHOULD BE A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIP, AFTER ALL” Despite the tones of death not controlling the people here, Sank opted to speak in them so his offer was received as more convincing.
At those words, a brief memory resurfaces in Ginsu's mind.

Flames, ruin, a wounded face, death and a simple phrase said by a loved one.

You are free

"I ... am ... free?", he murmured.

The memories pass faster as the words resounds louder in his mind until everything went silent.

Ginsu raised his gaze, looking into the eyes of Hermes.

"Before, I was chained and with nothing, after I was chained but with one thing and now ... I am free ... and again with nothing"

The memories pass faster as the words resounds louder in his mind until everything went silent.

Ginsu raised his gaze, looking into the eyes of Hermes.

"Before, I was chained and with nothing, after I was chained but with one thing and now ... I am free ... and again with nothing"
The invoker would be matching his stare, pride-filled and unwavering.

"Thus, do you wish to be chained again or to remain free ?"

Ryuka arrived a little later than most, though only the more attentive would even notice as she remained serenely still and quiet. Preferring not to interrupt, she kept to herself, thinking over her current situation while she awaited further explanation.

The unknown individual begins to clap his hands after having silently watched your interactions.

"How wonderful it is to watch you get along so well after having just encountered each other. I apologize for any inconveniences my men have caused you, they can be quite strict as these times demand of them, but where are my manners. My name is Maxwell Arbour, I'm am but a humble Elected Representative of humanity. Though my net worth is uncountable in Units and my political power quite vast, it does not exceed the powers that you hold." Maxwell then pauses for dramatic effect. "Which is why I wish to form a partnership, with all of us on equal standings. Both our respective powers making up for what the other lacks."

@Everything12

(Am I able to read his Energy Level/Magic to see if he's telling the truth about his strength

"Well It's nice to meet you Mr. Arbour, and don't take this the wrong way but suddenly asking people you have barely even meet yet to enter an equal partner ship with you seems rather suspicious, so basically what's the catch?"

Last edited:
Cassandra can't help but smirk. Not only is she free from her master, there exists a whole demon-run planet that she's free to do with as she pleases... barring potential intervention from the other summoned, of course. She steps forward. "I'm interested to hear what you have in mind," She says with an air of confidence around her. "I could certainly use the benefits of a... powerful business partner."

[His power isn't too ordinary, being a bit below what you felt from the soldiers you have met]

"Please just call me Maxwell, and while the Demons have given us quite the beaten we are currently in a deadlock with no side having a clear advantage. Except things have changed, as now something has appeared that can give us the advantage needed to break from this stalemate and push back those Demons. This being you, of course, you can see why I'm so eager to have you on our side now of course."

Maxwell then moves to sit behind his desk, his face now turning to a serious one you would expect of someone of his political power.

"Of course we don't expect to get your help for free. As one of the Representatives of Humanity and the one who presides over all the functions of this city, I can promise you what you desire. Money, land, connections, I have them all and will offer them up to you if you are willing to help us defeat this Demon scourge once and for all."

"Uhh, Maxwell, do you know the 4 demons that lead those lesser ones? Well, they are way beyond us, we don't stand a chacne against a single one of those 4 primary demons"

“Well I had already been planning to deal with those demons anyway. This should just make that easier. You can count me in. Oh, my name is Altair by the way.” I said to Maxwell

"I require land to establish a territory for my work. I am no warrior, however I can provide aid in other ways. I do not wish to allow this world to come to ruin."

Cassandra glances over at Althaeus, an eyebrow raised.

"I too require land. Resources as well. Jewels, Metals, Stone, and if you can provide them, organic material," She says to Maxwell, then turns to Althaeus fully. "Am I to assume you too have the power to create a workshop for your magic? I'm quite interested to see what you can do~"

‘Urg, thing have gone out of hand...’

“Well, as for me, a house and some starting capital is enough...Though, if you can give me every single military blueprint in this city, that’s also nice.”

Briefly turning into my serious mode, I ask for such

"That would be correct. Land is all I require, as any resources necessary are something I can provide at will."

They replied, looking back at the person in question with a perfectly calm expression.

"Interesting proposal." Yoru comments

"How did you want us to help you defeat the demons? As others stated, the four leaders are certainly beyond our current capabilities, and it doesn't seem like killing the random ones that appear puts much of a strain on their forces."

"Hm, these high-level Demons you speak of are worrying, but they don't seem to be an active problem currently and any information you can provide will be helpful. Regardless, all these things you ask for are simple matters that I will be happy to give you in exchange for your cooperation in maintaining our society." He says, treating the rewards your asking for as mere trifles.

Maxwell then presses a holographic button on his desk, a hologram then appears in front to the window displaying a map of the world. On it is seven dots, each on a separate continent, with two other extra dots seeming to be over the sea.

"Currently most of the world's landmass is an unoccupied territory, unguarded and ripe for Demon attacks. Thankfully the world had reached a point where humanity grouped together in centralised cities beforehand so this was less because of the destruction the Demon wrought and more it was already undefended.

Throughout the time we have been fighting Demons we have learned that no matter how many of the grunts we defeat they always seem to be more to come, so that is not an option to achieve victory. Especially consider the leader Demons strength, their power alone is enough to be equal to our armies. Fortunately, these leaders don't seem to be as replaceable as the grunts, unfortunately, we lost an entire city and some to learn that."

Maxwell presses a button and the dot on what was once Australia disappears, as well as what lokes like over half of Australia's landmass.

"I trust you understand where I'm going with this?"

"... you are vastly overestimating our abilities if you think we can deal with something capable of that much damage."
Hermes says, as he points with it's hand toward the massive piece of the landmass that just went poof.

Back