• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Regulus got his ass rekt'd in an earlier match between the two lol
Tf? How? Ainz shouldn't even be able to affect him at all lol.

Like, if he activated death shit, it literally just wouldn't ever take effect. Nothing Ainz does would ever take effect.

Unless he cam someone bypass temporal invulnerability that is akin to being in a separate dimension?

Tf? How? Ainz shouldn't even be able to affect him at all lol.

Like, if he activated death shit, it literally just wouldn't ever take effect. Nothing Ainz does would ever take effect.

Unless he cam someone bypass temporal invulnerability that is akin to being in a separate dimension?
Wives. Ainz has all the time in the world and the Paranoia to figure out somethings wrong with the chick's running around

The wives go down, Regulus has to come out of his ability.

Plus, Ainz Can teleport which makes things a whole lot easier for him then it is for Regulus who has to hope Ainz makes a mistake to win

Wives. Ainz has all the time in the world and the Paranoia to figure out somethings wrong with the chick's running around

The wives go down, Regulus has to come out of his ability.

Plus, Ainz Can teleport which makes things a whole lot easier for him then it is for Regulus who has to hope Ainz makes a mistake to win
Regulus is Average Human speed with FTL attack speed. Even in speed equalized, he blitzes the hell out of Ainz with any of his attacks, which should kill him easily.

Regulus is Average Human speed with FTL attack speed. Even in speed equalized, he blitzes the hell out of Ainz with any of his attacks, which should kill him easily.
Attacks he borderline never uses IC until the wives are down

Attacks he borderline never uses IC until the wives are down
Not true. The moment you attack him at all he retaliates violently. Hell, even if you just annoy him (WHICH IS INCREDIBLY EASY) chance is he'll try and kill you.

Wtf? Regulus not using his attacks until his wives die? Who told you that piece of incredible misinformation?

Not true. The moment you attack him at all he retaliates violently. Hell, even if you just annoy him (WHICH IS INCREDIBLY EASY) chance is he'll try and kill you.

Wtf? Regulus not using his attacks until his wives die? Who told you that piece of incredibly misinformation?
Via his breath, which he booby traps the place with.

If you don't like how Regulus was argued(Which mind you was by Celestial Pegasus of all people), feel free to find the match and argue it there. Without me.

Via his breath, which he booby traps the place with.

If you don't like how Regulus was argued(Which mind you was by Celestial Pegasus of all people), feel free to find the match and argue it there. Without me.
I mean, regardless of what he does (Using his breath is not the only thing he does, idk why Pegasus would say that), any attack that would kill Ainz would kill Ainz before he can do anything, because he blitzes him.

I think that thread didn't take this into consideration and considered them equal speed.

I mean, regardless of what he does (Using his breath is not the only thing he does, idk why Pegasus would say that), any attack that would kill Ainz would kill Ainz before he can do anything, because he blitzes him.

I think that thread didn't take this into consideration and considered them equal speed.
He didn't, plus Regulus doesn't have 4 Kilometers of range.

It did.

What i remember from that Regulus match was people arguing he would teleport around and run, and somehow would eventually get to the wives.

Don't remember saying Regulus wouldn't use his ability, what i said was that Regulus would feel compelled to prove his superiority over his opponent..

Regulus very much has kilometers range considering he can destroy all of Priestella, and destroyed another city before too.

Anyway if people want to redo it, make a new match and don't derail this one, though could have sworn that match was incon, not Regulus getting his ass kicked.

Last edited:
He didn't, plus Regulus doesn't have 4 Kilometers of range.
He does.

Surprised they didn't say it was a blitz then, since it should've been...

Well, anyway, it's whatever. If there was another thread about it, I would definitely argue in favor of Regulus blitzing before Ainz could do anything.

Going back to this thread, doesn't Reinhard just stomp because he eventually matter slashes him after dying to death hax a few times?

Going back to this thread, doesn't Reinhard just stomp because he eventually matter slashes him after dying to death hax a few times?
Ainz starts with layered TS and impedes both Reinhard Immortalities of working

How does it impede Reinhard's type 8?
Quoting my thread:
"
Oh yeah
Ainz could break Reid, Great Break Item spell
Ainz is immune to attacks below lvl 60, which we can easily say Reinhard isn't via he having no actual levels in Yggdrasil, so no martial arts.
If Reinhard tries to Clairvoyance him, Ainz has a skill that can not just make him immune for it, but to link back an offensive magic, and via prior knowledge he'd know what hurts
By the nature of the skill, The Goal Of All Life Is Death can and will bypass his immortality type 8 which works like a resistance to dying since it's Od Laguna not letting him do so and, again, Ainz neggs ressurection. TGoALiD+Despair Aura V/Iä Shub-Niggurath+True Death=gg"

Quoting my thread:
"
Oh yeah
Ainz is immune to attacks below lvl 60, which we can easily say Reinhard isn't via he having no actual levels in Yggdrasil, so no martial arts.
If Reinhard tries to Clairvoyance him, Ainz has a skill that can not just make him immune for it, but to link back an offensive magic, and via prior knowledge he'd know what hurts
By the nature of the skill, The Goal Of All Life Is Death can and will bypass his immortality type 8 which works like a resistance to dying since it's Od Laguna not letting him do so and, again, Ainz neggs ressurection. TGoALiD+Despair Aura V/Iä Shub-Niggurath+True Death=gg"
Uh, no? The Goal of All Life is Death can't just bypass anything that allows someone to resist/bypass death.

Assuming it can, including things like type 8 immortality, which it has never shown to negate, would be a NLF (No-Limits-Fallacy).

So, yeah, no. Reinhard is still going to just resurrect.

So, yeah, no. Reinhard is still going to just resurrect.
If you argue Type 8 is not Negated: before od Laguna can revive him:
Times still stopped
Soul-absorbing creatures are eating Reinhard's soul, which from the other discuss, people said it would impede Reinhard's comeback
Type 4 is Negated so no ressurection exactly

If you argue Type 8 is not Negated: before od Laguna can revive him:
Times still stopped
Soul-absorbing creatures are eating Reinhard's soul, which from the other discuss, people said it would impede Reinhard's comeback
Type 4 is Negated so no ressurection exactly
Reinhard resist time stop and soul manipulation.

Ainz's time stop pierces a layer of resistance.

Not Soul Absorption.
In that case, is it a likely scenario that Ainz pulls off that kind of combo with death hax, then time stop + soul absorption directly after Reinhard dies the first time?

Because when Reinhard comes back he's going to matter slash him.

In that case, is it a likely scenario that Ainz pulls off that kind of combo with time stop + soul absorption directly after Reinhard dies the first time?

And before Reinhard comes back at matter slashes him?
Seeing as Ainz can time stop and kill Reinhard with two entire thoughts, he's not short on time to summon Soul Eaters or collapse something on Reinhard to incap him

Seeing as Ainz can time stop and kill Reinhard with two entire thoughts, he's not short on time to summon Soul Eaters or collapse something on Reinhard to incap him
I understand he's capable of doing it. I'm asking if it's likely that he does do that kind of thing.

Like, has he ever done anything similar in canon? Because, at the moment it kind of just sounds like the absolute best-case scenario for Ainz.

I understand he's capable of doing it. I'm asking if it's likely that he does do that kind of thing.

Like, has he ever done anything similar in canon? Because, at the moment it kind of just sounds like the absolute best-case scenario for Ainz.
Its pretty IC for Ainz to summon shit yeah, Soul eaters are only mid-tier Undead and Ainz is more then willing to drop those, Soul Eaters are often basic semi-serious Army composition for him, and he's even ridden the ******* around before, so they are fully in-character to bring out

Couple things

Not sure how this works, but not even Regulus ability which innate negates durability, can break Reid

Reinhard scales higher than Ainz, so this here is an NLF

As for soul absorption, might be an argument he resists that, Gluttony's authority is soul absorption, and it works on him in that, when they eat someone else's name and memories, he forgets them, but in terms of direct use on him, might be an argument he does, which would be a continuation of Reinhard being a sad existence who can only save himself.

Reinhard has shown resistance to authorities like Sirius, and Reid has resisted Gluttony's. We could go off WOG, which says that Reinhard can beat all archbishops, but idk, it's pretty iffy.

Anyway i believe he can probably resists Gluttony's authority in the same way Reid can, but not sure there is enough evidence to prove it, besides from Reinhard being on the same level as Reid, but superior, may have to relook at the WOG and arc 6, for the context of Reid's resistance.

From WOG, this is said:

Q: About how many people would have to work together to defeat Reinhard?

A: The four strongest characters in the story, after Reinhard, couldn’t defeat him working together.

Q: Out of the archbishops and witches, are there any of them that could, with full preparation and fighting him on their favored terrain, have a chance to win, or a chance to fight to a draw, or at least take long enough losing to buy some time?

A: If it’s the witches, Sekhmet might be able to buy some time. If it’s the archbishops, it’s spoilers so I can’t say.(note: spoiler was Regulus) (October 09, 2014 arc5)-Fighting Strength, Additional Q&A

This is actual cool that i found it, cause a couple of the witches have passive abilities, ie Carmelia who passively causes you to love her and your heart to stop, so i think he clearly has resistances to their stuff, since only Sekhmet can buy time.

As for the archbishops besides Sirius, their stuff isn't passive, but here the question is about full preparation on their favored terrain. Surprise attacks and the like won't work on Reinhard due to him instinctively dodging stuff he comes across the first time, and his massive speed, however if we are taking about a hostage scenario, as seen by Regulus, Reinhard will allow his enemy to attack him, his blessings are passive, but he can consciously turn them off.

If Ley or Roy with full prep show up against Reinhard with a hostage in toe cause they know they can't beat Reinhard, and they want to touch him to then activate their authority, he will let it happen, and apparently that won't let them win. I think it's at least a likely scenario.

Other q&a's basically reiterate the same, that even with everyone working together, Reinhard is impossible to defeat

Q: Reinhard can’t be defeated.

A: No on can defeat him.

Q: Let’s all work together and take down Reinhard! (Proposal)

A: IMPOSSIBRU!!

Q: So, for the moment, it would be ok to understand that it’s impossible to defeat Reinhard?

A: For the moment, it’s impossible.-Reinhard Q&A 1/2

There are people who are at least physically on the level of Reinhard, so even from that angle you could go with those guys holding him down, while Gluttony comes up and touches him, and again seems it wouldn't work.

I think you can stretch this pretty far honestly, however i think passive abilities from archbishops and witches clearly won't work, and considering the evidence of Reid showing a resistance to Gluttony's authority, and these scenario's of prep, and Reinhard also already showing resistance to another authority, it is likely imo he resists Gluttony's direct application of their ability, but i wouldn't say it's confirmed.

Last edited:
Not sure how this works, but not even Regulus ability which innate negates durability, can break Reid
"The most magical weapon in this world", hardly unbreakable, but that's still a feat.
The verse works like this, items have HP, so we would have to compare this ability x Reinhard and this ability's strength against Ainz's Greater Break Item

As for soul absorption, might be an argument he resists that, Gluttony's authority is soul absorption, and it works on him in that, when they eat someone else's name and memories, he forgets them, but in terms of direct use on him, might be an argument he does, which would be a continuation of Reinhard being a sad existence who can only save himself.
I may be dumb but what I've read sound like a species of Mind manip...but since it is a huge "maybe", I won't take it into account, since it's a different kind of "eating the soul" that the creatures do.

Reinhard has shown resistance to authorities like Sirius, and Reid has resisted Gluttony's
I fail to see where it matters against Ainz, I'm sorry mate

Anyway i believe he can probably resists Gluttony's authority in the same way Reid can, but not sure there is enough evidence to prove it
Ok so first you would need the proof and second, telling me how does a complete annihilation of what would make him revive compares to leaving a depressive living guy.

besides from Reinhard being on the same level as Reid, but superior
Not at all if we mean AP or Dura lol

may have to relook at the WOG and arc 6, for the context of Reid's resistance.
Would be cool, I'd thank you like I do now (I really think you bring positive discussions when it involves r:z, had to stop for a moment to praise you a little)

"A: The four strongest characters in the story, after Reinhard, couldn’t defeat him working together."
How do they compare to Ainz is a cool question

"A: If it’s the witches, Sekhmet might be able to buy some time. If it’s the archbishops, it’s spoilers so I can’t say.(note: spoiler was Regulus) (October 09, 2014 arc5)"
How do they compare to him, again, is a cool question... and also, I'm sure who can just buy time against Reinhard would get ****** by ainz...like, a lot.

This is actual cool that i found it, cause a couple of the witches have passive abilities, ie Carmelia who passively causes you to love her and your heart to stop, so i think he clearly has resistances to their stuff, since only Sekhmet can buy time.
Already commented on that (maybe I'm thinking of throwing those witches against the pleiades, but that's for another time)

Surprise attacks and the like won't work on Reinhard due to him instinctively dodging stuff he comes across the first time, and his massive speed
Also not on Ainz since he has access to Clairvoyance and TS and spends much time in preparation just to get out of Nazarick to do something.

Other q&a's basically reiterate the same, that even with everyone working together, Reinhard is impossible to defeat
Instead of going off and defending ainz against more opponents, imma see if the other q&a mentionings matter for him fighting Ainz specifically (unless you're arguing ainz should get a hostage, which imo is a HUGE advantage, greater than this, again imo, biased op)

There are people who are at least physically on the level of Reinhard, so even from that angle you could go with those guys holding him down, while Gluttony comes up and touches him, and again seems it wouldn't work
"Seems" is not good enough, and physically, he's stronger than him, but equal if we get him+Reid.

I think you can stretch this pretty far honestly, however i think passive abilities from archbishops and witches clearly won't work, and considering the evidence of Reid showing a resistance to Gluttony's authority, and these scenario's of prep, and Reinhard also already showing resistance to another authority, it is likely imo he resists Gluttony's direct application of their ability, but i wouldn't say it's confirmed.
Ainz's skills are active, so it's just a cool detail. And, lemme ask: I remember now that I argue that with stronger LS, Reid could be stolen from Reinhard...how would that work on the actual battle is something you can respond to me?

"The most magical weapon in this world", hardly unbreakable, but that's still a feat.

Regulus ability works such that regardless of how tough something is, it will pass through it, yet Reid can block those attacks.

I may be dumb but what I've read sound like a species of Mind manip...but since it is a huge "maybe", I won't take it into account, since it's a different kind of "eating the soul" that the creatures do.

Name and memories are things which are on the soul itself, the authority of gluttony lets the user eat them.

“ーーOnii-san, why do you remember the『Memories』we had stolen?”
It had been an unnatural response.
Perceiving that whilst holding him down, Louis greatly twisted her neck.
The『Memories』eaten by『Gluttony』did not remain extant within the person concerned, the『Names』eaten by『Gluttony』did not remain extant within other people. That is because the Authority tore them off from the『Soul』, which defined existence in the world.
The proper cleansing of the『Soul』by Od Lagna, which was practiced in the『Hall of Memories』ーー arbitrarily acting as its agent, and stealthily deceiving, plundering and harvesting was what the Authority of『Gluttony』was. Therefore, the『Memories』and『Names』snavelled by『Gluttony』did not remain extant within anyone. Restrictively, though there had been ones who had only『Memories』, only『Names』stolen away, respective negative effects got applied.
If the『Memories』were stolen then said person, if the『Name』was stolen then other people, could no longer remember the person concerned. That could not be altered as long as the disposition of the『Soul』remained within the protection of Od Lagna.-Arc 6, Chapter 75

“Thank you for the treat.”
Savouring adequately, as per her contentment, Louis conveyed her gratitude for the food through words.
That was the procedure of『Gluttony’s』mealーー invoking the name of the opponent whose『Memories』are desired to be stolen, peeling off one section of the『Soul』from the opponent’s flesh body, and eating that.
ーーWhat are termed as『Memories』, are things similar to sediments accumulated upon the『Soul』.
It was also possible to adorn that with alluring words, such as feasts dished upon white platters.
However, should everything be exposed to its origin, what shall be stretching before would be the meaninglessness of adorning it beautifully. That was the cognizance of Louis, who was affixed with the Authority of『Gluttony』, and the ability to indulge in those『Souls』, Louis’ privilege.-Arc 6, Chapter 75

Actually re-looking at this, they do affect the soul, cause they are tearing off and eating sections of it, but i don't think it's necessarily the whole thing

You sort of went on a tangent there or misunderstood what i was saying, i wasn't comparing other Re Zero characters to Ainz, i was comparing them to Reinhard. He likely resists Gluttony's authority, while the others are a little more of a stretch, which would warrant at best possibly ratings

Anyway not going any further here, you'll can ignore Reinhard's potential soul absorption resistance, cause it won't matter until i actually make a CRT, also not interested in this match cause i think its a stomp either way, just providing info here and there.

Last edited:
Regulus ability works such that regardless of how tough something is, it will pass through it, yet Reid can block those attacks.
Durability Negation resistance ≠ being unbreakable. You should argue differently for Greater Break Item not working here

Name and memories are things which are on the soul itself, the authority of gluttony lets the user eat them.
Negging eating part of the soul ≠ negging the soul
The same way like: "no! I have this what makes you unable to destroy my house!!!" Doesn't impede: *a ultra giant comes and destroys the whole neighborhood.
Unless it's a protection like:
"Even if you destroy the soul, the name and memories stays alive", but that's not what you're presenting

but i don't think it's necessarily the whole thing
While the creatures absorb the whole soul. Yeah, Negated.

You sort of went on a tangent there or misunderstood what i was saying, i wasn't comparing other Re Zero characters to Ainz, i was comparing them to Reinhard.
No,no, when I spoke there, I meant "imma stop responding this to defend ainz"
I was comparing your comparison (which kind of states Reinhard's force) to Ainz (which means I was comparing Reinhard to Ainz on a complicated way), never thought or said you were doing this.

He likely resists Gluttony's authority, while the others are a little more of a stretch, which would warrant at best possibly ratings
Even if he does, I commented above, doesn't matter unfortunately

Anyway not going any further here, you'll can ignore Reinhard's potential soul absorption resistance, cause it won't matter until i actually make a CRT, also not interested in this match cause i think its a stomp either way, just providing info here and there.
Oh, ok
But just a reminder to put "Limited Soul Absorption Resistance" on the matter, since, as you just proved, he negates getting PART of the soul absorbed, not the whole thing
Good luck on the CRT, imma probably vote for this to get added, but idk if I'll see the thread since I mostly run through VST

Its pretty IC for Ainz to summon shit yeah, Soul eaters are only mid-tier Undead and Ainz is more then willing to drop those, Soul Eaters are often basic semi-serious Army composition for him, and he's even ridden the ******* around before, so they are fully in-character to bring out
You know, Ainz doesn’t even need to summon Soul Eaters to win
All he has to do is turn Rein into an undead and his layered mind manipulation against the undead would defeat him
Created Undead’s also use the souls of the people this ability was used on and there’s lots of evidence on it
“Did I not mention it? Then, have you heard of Demiurge’s healing experiments?” “Yes, I have. Sever all four limbs. heal them with magic, those experiments, right?” “Indeed. Then, another question for you. Do you know where a resurrection spell has to be applied?” “Is it not on the corpse?” “...I don’t think so... hm, at least, I don’t think so, no?”Albedo went silent alongside Ainz, and then her eyes sparkled. “Ah! It seems I misspoke. Ainz-sama, you are correct. It is not on the corpse, but the soul!” “Indeed. In Demiurge’s experiments, the severed limbs vanished and grew from the body once more. Now, when you cast a spell on the soul, what will happen to the body?”
“Please do not draw your weapons!”Everyone’s shoulders shuddered from the guard’s shout. “Nothing will happen if you do not draw your swords! But if you do, you will be slain instantly! After that, you will be bound to eternal suffering! Please don’t make me have to witness something like that again! “His mournful cry sounded like he had experienced this sort of thing before. Had he personally witnessed such an event in the past? The undead being slowly glared at Neia and the others. There was the feeling that it was waiting for them to draw their blades. “...And this undead being is...?”Remedios’s voice trembled faintly as she spoke. “They are guards who are stationed throughout this city in large numbers.”
However, there was still a reason why such a seemingly perfect plan could not be put into practice on a large scale. That was because people opposed it — in particular, the factions led by the priests. They believed that creating undead, creatures of death which hated life, was an act which stained the soul. There were also problems from a religious perspective. They used the corpses of criminals to make undead, but the religious point of view was that a criminal’s sin was paid off with the execution of their sentence. Going any further would be a form of blasphemy, and convincing them otherwise was a very difficult task.
After he issued a mental command, the Soul Eater immediately began to move. At the same time, he sent an order to the Soul Eaters who were obliterating the demi-humans outside. It went: “「Leave some prey for the newly-made Soul Eater.」” Undead created with corpses did not vanish with the passage of time. But why did they not vanish? If it’s not because they’re using the corpse as a medium, but the soul, does it mean that Soul Eaters which have eaten souls won’t vanish? ...Well, even if I found the answer I wouldn’t know where to apply it. Still, knowing is better than not knowing.

You know, Ainz doesn’t even need to summon Soul Eaters to win
All he has to do is turn Rein into an undead and his layered mind manipulation against the undead would defeat him
Created Undead’s also use the souls of the people this ability was used on and there’s lots of evidence on it
I doubt Rein would stay dead long enough for Ainz to turn him into an undead TBH, but I never thought of that

I doubt Rein would stay dead long enough for Ainz to turn him into an undead TBH, but I never thought of that
We have seen Rein’s DP of the phoenix in use, and iirc it gave a window of Subaru screaming and Regulus saying at least one cocky sentence for him to come back. Tappei described it being used as you being presented with the option of “continue?” after dying like you’re in a loading screen.

We have seen Rein’s DP of the phoenix in use, and iirc it gave a window of Subaru screaming and Regulus saying at least one cocky sentence for him to come back. Tappei described it being used as you being presented with the option of “continue?” after dying like you’re in a loading screen.
I think Rein might have a resistance to that becuz Felix can do the same shit too

I think Rein might have a resistance to that becuz Felix can do the same shit too
Felix can raise the dead but not the crack that Ainz is doing
Felix was also a final boss candidate for that same ability
And if Rein’s soul is placed in his body again but with it as a ghoul his stats would remain the same and Felix wouldn’t be able to mind-control him
Ainz is far more toxic than that

Back