• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rex Salazar vs Alex Mercer

Post Omega-1 Nanite Rex vs Evolved Alex

Rules:

Speed is equalized

Rex isn't alllowed to use his Omega Evo Form

Rex can also use his double-ups (Double-up meaning he can use two builds at the same time)

Based from his profile, Rex has an AP advantage against Alex, and can temporarily lock him in place through electricity with his Blast caster. That's pretty much it. AP advantage doesn't really matter much when Alex's superior Regenerationn can allow him to shrug that off, as well as his Adaptation or Reactive Evolution eventually allowing him to gain resistance to the electricity and not get locked in place. And there's the fact that Alex has the hax advantage against Rex, which I shall mention below:

While Salazar has resistance to Disease Manipulation, I doubt he has resisted diseases at the extent of the Blacklight Virus (which, scaling from the Redlight Virus, can infect both humans and animals. Most importantly it can infect inanimate objects as well, like metal signs, metal railings and even buildings. Buildings. And Redlight has infected such buildings right down to its very structures and turned them into infected hives. And Mercer has all of these abilities due to Blacklight being superior than Redlight, and the fact that Mercer has consumed Greene and gained all of her abilities). Seeing as Prototype 2 Mercer is used here, it's perfectly in-character for him to infect Salazar by gassing him and the entire city they're in, with Salazar being infected due to no evidence that I can find about him resisting the biological/disease hax at the level of Mercer.

Plus, even assuming the infection doesn't work, all Mercer needs to do is touch Salazar once to absorb him (just like how he absorbed that janitor in the Prototype comics upon making physical contact with him, which is canon by the way. Or like how he absorbed several of the Evolved through his tendrils simultaneously without needing to weaken them or beat them into submission). And as Mercer has consumed enemies with Regenerationn superior to Salazar, I highly doubt he would fail to consume Salazar here. Since Salazar's arsenal is mainly melee-based, he's going to have a problem here.

I'd say Mercer decisively wins with low difficulty.

Back