• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising the Baseline for High 4-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be on Calculation Group Discussion? I mean, they need to evaluate these kind of things

Dunno about this. I'll let Assalt get on top of it.

I moved this to the calc group forum. Anyway, you should preferably ask Assaltwaffle, DontTalkDT, and our other calc group members to take a look at this, including Ugarik, Executor N0, and Antoniofer.

Wouldn't it be more advisable to just look for the book first? No offense to our own calculation methods, they are as accurate as can be expected of us normally but these published works will 100% be a better source, no?

21 is the average mass of Rigel, with plus or minus 3 being the error margin. Because of this, 24 is the max and 18 is the minimum, hence the found sources giving 24 and 18.

Looking for it I actually can't find the 23 solar masses citation. It is possible that I missed input when entering the calculation variable. If that is the case I believe we should go with 21, as that is the mean without using the error margins.

Well, you can ask all of the calc group members, as well as DontTalkDT and Kaltias, to comment here if you wish.

VS Battles Staff

Kepekley23 said:
Yours, o'course.
Right then. Would you mind commenting on the blog? I think acceptance needs to be clarified on the blog itself. After that I'll notify Antvasima, and ask him to unlock the AP page.

Technically acceptance anywhere is fine so long as it has been accepted/looked at. Just easier to confirm if it's on blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back