• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Dragon Ball Flight Speed (Dragon Ball + DBZ + DBS Manga)

So yes, he quite literally is. We rate him as being immortal
Based on what? Nothing says that Majin Buu doesn't have a lifespan. He may not have changed, but neither did the kais or gods of destruction and we don't give them Immortality based on that. Only the Angels were stated to not have lifespans, meaning that they never naturally die

I'm arguing that it is his unsuppressed speed. If you have any additional evidence that he was suppressed or "only just unsuppressed enough to where Vegeta could sense him", you need to supply that evidence.
Unsuppressed =/= full power. And if you argue it is his full power, then show proof since right now you showed none. It's your CRT to prove why they don't scale so it's on you to provide evidence and scans for your claims. You argue it's full power? Alright, bring scans and then we'll talk

Unsuppressed =/= full power. And if you argue it is his full power, then show proof since right now you showed none. It's your CRT to prove why they don't scale so it's on you to provide evidence and scans for your claims. You argue it's full power? Alright, bring scans and then we'll talk
Do you have any proof for your side?

As far as I can tell, I've shown the proof for my side. You may disagree, but your opinion on it matters little to me right now.

Buu Saga Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta have not been proposed to have Hypersonic flight speed.

Incidentally, that Ki blast from Buu appears to be the kind that starts off slow and gains speed over time
Oh my bad massively hypersonic+ right?
No? What?
It would be hypersonic or whatever while in-atmosphere if things like drag or friction effect them. In outer space their flight speed would just be their standard combat speed. Also it has been mentioned that they amplify their energy for sudden bursts of speed which wouldn't work for flight.
they have MFTL+ flight speed in the atmosphere though, as in kid buu ki blast example. Mate drag ? What?

Do you have any proof for your side?

As far as I can tell, I've shown the proof for my side. You may disagree, but your opinion on it matters little to me right now.
No you didn't you yourself showed nothing regarding that scans, you explained nothing and refuse to debate. Again, this is what you call debating? If you can't explain a single point, like how you argue that unsuppressed must mean full power when you showed nothing that Krillin in this exact scan used his full power and just keep shifting the burden of proof away so you wouldn't need to explain anything, then your opinion doesn't hold, and staff or not staff, this argument doesn't work

It also doesn't matter what you think about what I'm saying. It doesn't make your points any more valid

No you didn't you yourself showed nothing regarding that scans, you explained nothing and refuse to debate. Again, this is what you call debating? If you can't explain a single point, like how you argue that unsuppressed must mean full power when you showed nothing that Krillin in this exact scan used his full power and just keep shifting the burden of proof away so you wouldn't need to explain anything, then your opinion doesn't hold, and staff or not staff, this argument doesn't work

I also don't care what you think about what I'm saying. It doesn't make your points any more valid
I mean, you're not exactly debating in good faith unlike some of the other users in this thread.

You keep allegeding unproven stuff and acting like that is a counter for the multiple feats and statements I've given, and along with my other examples showing the characters unsuppressed.

I provide a piece of evidence, you say "You haven't proven anything." What the hell am I supposed to do? My only option left is to just ignore you and focus on the people who are actually conbtributing to the thread.

I provide a piece of evidence, you say "You haven't proven anything." What the hell am I supposed to do? My only option left is to just ignore you and focus on the people who are actually conbtributing to the thread.
But that's the thing. You said about a specific scan which is this one that Krillin used his full power. I asked you on what you based that on and from this point onward all you did is explain nothing and shift the burden of proof, even though you were the one claiming this.

I asked you time and time again what makes you think he used his full power, and based on what and you refuse to answer me or explain anything

But that's the thing. You said about a specific scan which is this one that Krillin used his full power. I asked you on what you based that on and from this point onward all you did is explain nothing and shift the burden of proof, even though you were the one claiming this.

I asked you time and time again what makes you think he used his full power, and based on what and you refuse to answer me or explain anything
I didn't provide that scan. Qaws did.

I'm arguing that he isn't suppressing his speed; not that he was at his absolute maximum power.

Akira has stated that Majin Buu has lived since the birth of the universe. Dude is legitimately immortal. He can't die from old age.
How is that a proof? It only means he lived for that long, not that he will continue to live forver, and you seem to ignore my other points regarding the kais. You also linked no scan to support what you say or a scan that says he can live forever
You seriously use real world physics and apply that to a verse with people flying with no wings, FTL attacks and explosions that destroys universes?

I didn't provide that scan. Qaws did.

I'm arguing that he isn't suppressing his speed; not that he was at his absolute maximum power.
So this doesn't apply. Krillin was still not using his full power so you can't use that as an example of their speed only being this fast

Ehhh, I'm neutral for now, sorta leaning towards disagree. Some of the points brought up in the OP seem pretty iffy to me, especially in regards to the Namek/Freeza Saga, since the entire point of them traveling slowly was to not get caught, and subsequently killed, by Freeza and his men. It's not really plausible to use those as anti-feats when it's disregarding the point of the arc up to when the fight against Freeza actually starts.

The other points range from "fair" to "questionable" for me, but regardless, I'll be neutral and wait for more arguments to be brought up

So this doesn't apply. Krillin was still not using his full power so you can't use that as an example of their speed only being this fast
Well, I don't agree with you on that. A character does not have to only have showing of their maximum power to get a rating on the wiki.

Ehhh, I'm neutral for now, sorta leaning towards disagree. Some of the points brought up in the OP, especially in regards to the Namek/Freeza Saga, since the entire point of them traveling slowly was to not get caught, and subsequently killed, by Freeza and his men. It's not really plausible to use those as anti-feats when it's disregarding the point of the arc up to when the fight against Freeza actually starts.

The other points range from "fair" to "questionable" for me, but regardless, I'll be neutral and wait for more arguments to be brought up
You're focusing on the wrong feats. I'm not using the ones where they were deliberately suppressing themselves. I'm using the ones where they weren't.

I brought up the ones where they were suppressing themselves as a comparison, not as a limitation.

Well, I don't agree with you on that. A character does not have to only have showing of their maximum power to get a rating on the wiki.
What are you trying to say in the CRT is that people such as Krillin can only go so that fast, when that is simply not the case as not only these speeds were far surpassed already in Dragon Ball with Tao Pai Pai and Goku, but also that this isn't even Krillin's top speed

What are you trying to say in the CRT is that people such as Krillin can only go so that fast, when that is simply not the case as not only these speeds were far surpassed already in Dragon Ball with Tao Pai Pai and Goku, but also that this isn't even Krillin's top speed
What I'm trying to argue is that their flight speed isn't directly equal to their combat speed.

You're just trying to gloss over all anti-feats with "They weren't at their full power" which doesn't really address them at all.

Oh boy, this is a pickle. Obviously they aren't as fast as their combat speed, but the OP brought up some terrible "anti-feats". AKK and DDM expressed most of my thoughts here.

I'm going with "Don't agree 100%, but it's certainly slower".

But just want to address some points.

"Ki enhances all stats" argument is just the greatest example of a false equivalency, and doesn't address the proposal at all.
What this tells me is,
"If you have 2x Ki, you have twice your flight speed, and twice your combat speed",
but that's not relevant at all, as that doesn't mean "flight speed = combat speed".
So it makes no sense to say "well, but Ki enhances all your physical attributes" when that tells us nothing.

Damage's aura argument... Obviously, there is the unsupported correlation that "Has an aura = Using a relevant amount of strength", but we also have this. Cell isn't using nowhere near his full strength here

You also linked no scan to support what you say or a scan that says he can live forever
Here you go
Though in the manga Kaiōshin said that Bibbidi made him, the truth is that one called “Boo” was not actually created by Bididi, but has existed since time immemorial. He cycled between rampages and long hibernation. During numerous iterations of this cycle, he absorbed the evil elements of mankind, becoming steadily more violent. Bibbidi merely knew the means of calling Boo from out of his long slumber. Since the current Boo is a slightly different life-form due to the changes brought about when the evil Boo was expelled, it’s not known whether he’ll still go into long hibernation.
So yes, he's immortal. Cell is also immortal, he said as much to Gohan.
What? How does that prove he's immortal?
Because he qualifies for and is rated with Type 1 immortality. Which means he can't die from old age.
You seriously use real world physics and apply that to a verse with people flying with no wings, FTL attacks and explosions that destroys universes?
Considering all of those things have been noted to effect them, like air getting into people's eyes and guidebook statement from before, yes.

Also we're an indexing site, so at the core of our thing we rely that the franchise in question adheres to physics to some level in order for it to work.

Damage's aura argument... Obviously, there is the unsupported correlation that "Has an aura = Using a relevant amount of strength", but we also have this. Cell isn't using nowhere near his full strength here
That link doesn't work.

If I had to guess, the link is linking to Goku vs. Cell, which is a good argument since both Goku and Cell power up and their auras show, yet they're both later confirmed to have not been using their full power

What I'm trying to argue is that their flight speed isn't directly equal to their combat speed.

You're just trying to gloss over all anti-feats with "They weren't at their full power" which doesn't really address them at all.
It kinda did since you argue that it's not equal because they went slow in one scene when they didn't even use full power

So, he's immortal because he qualifies... somehow?
But the scan doesn't even say that. It just says he exsited since time immemorial and that's it. It proves nothing
I'm not sure how you both aren't getting it. But to go over it.
Immortality
1: Eternal Life: Characters gifted with this type of immortality cannot die from natural causes, such as old age or conventional illness, but can be killed by unnatural causes. To clarify, this type of immortality can include both those who do not age at all, and those who still grow old, but will never die of old age. However, in the case of the latter it should be made clear that this is not just Longevity, as characters with that ability will eventually die of old age, as opposed to Eternal Life, for which dying of old age is not possible.
Majin Buu has existed for billions of years (if not more) and doesn't age or show signs of aging.

He's Type 1 Immortal. He cannot die from old age. Its a very straightforward rating here. I think you're confusing Dragon Ball immortality for VSBW's immortality which are two different things.

What the hell with Buu arguments here, Buu existed since time immemorial is even Immortality type 1, immemorial by it definition is mean very old, hard to remember, also Buu was sealed for unknown amount of time, he not have eternal life
He cannot die from old age
What??. Oh c'mom just because he look young doesn't mean he don't age, please this argument is really bad in logic, he isn't human, or saiyan which similar to human so we don't know he actually age or not. By your logic Beerus also Immortality 1 due to......well.............didn't show to aging

If I had to guess, the link is linking to Goku vs. Cell, which is a good argument since both Goku and Cell power up and their auras show, yet they're both later confirmed to have not been using their full power
Yeah, but Cell wasn't suppressing himself down to nothing when he was fighting Goku.

When Gohan and Krillin were doing were flying when suppressed down to nothing, and that was taking them days. When they weren't suppressed, they were much faster.

EDIT: Guys, I think that the Buu talk might be derailing at this point.

I'm not sure how you both aren't getting it. But to go over it.

Majin Buu has existed for billions of years (if not more) and doesn't age or show signs of aging.

He's Type 1 Immortal. He cannot die from old age. Its a very straightforward rating here. I think you're confusing Dragon Ball immortality for VSBW's immortality which are two different things.
You know this is just an extreme case of longevity right? The fact he exists for billions of years doesn't mean he'll never die. If his life expectancy is say, a trillion years then 13 billion years is nothing in comparison. Hell, take example from actual stars in the universe. Some Red Dwarfs exist since pretty much the big bang and shows no sign of aging, but we know they won't shine forever and will eventually die after trillions of years

Yeah, but Cell wasn't suppressing himself down to nothing when he was fighting Goku.

When Gohan and Krillin were doing were flying when suppressed down to nothing, and that was taking them days. When they weren't suppressed, they were much faster.
The act of flying already tasks a lot of ki to maintain, so while flying they risk the chance to be detected much more than if they were running on foot

You know this is just an extreme case of longevity right?
You would need to provide counter evidence that he can die from old age then.

As of now we current accept him as immortal, so he's immortal. If you disagree make a CRT to change that power and ability.
EDIT: Guys, I think that the Buu talk might be derailing at this point.
Sorry about that. I was just using it as a justification. But we're derailing and I won't talk about it anymore.

You would need to provide counter evidence that he can die from old age then.
I don't need to prove a negative. Besides, even in Buu's powers and abilities there's no proof for type 1 immortality. It was just added for no reason other than because whoever added it felt it should be there
As of now we current accept him as immortal, so he's immortal. If you disagree make a CRT to change that power and ability.
Oh I will. Given what you showed doesn't even proved anything except that Buu have longevity this would be simple

It's not derailing, the Supreme Kais were worried that Buu would kill them after killing everyone in the Universe. They shouldn't be afraid of Buu if he comes to their planet after they're already dead.

Back