• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Dragon Ball Flight Speed (Dragon Ball + DBZ + DBS Manga)

@SSJGeminiJJ So do you propose adding MFTL+ flight speed to Buu?
Yes scale him to his combat speed.
Also note that Gokh and vegeta's flight speed can match casual kid buu's combat speed.
main-qimg-70745534767fd36e2c276a54193f58ef

That's a slow-moving Ki blast; no reason to assume that was MFTL+.

Not all attacks are the same speed.

That's a slow-moving Ki blast; no reason to assume that was MFTL+.

Not all attacks are the same speed.
Bruh. It had enough ki that goku and vegeta could not stop or run away from it. And that's a terrible argument. It's slow from the perspective of the viewer. It's not actually slow. Goku and vegeta at top speed couldn't outrun it.
Hell an even less suppressed ki blast from kid buu required vegeta to use a serious blast to neutralize and you expect the bigger ki blast to be slower?

Bruh. It had enough ki that goku and vegeta could not stop or run away from it. And that's a terrible argument. It's slow from the perspective of the viewer. It's not actually slow. Goku and vegeta at top speed couldn't outrun it.
Hell an even less suppressed ki blast from kid buu required vegeta to use a serious blast to neutralize and you expect the bigger ki blast to be slower?
That's a bit of a circular argument; Goku and Vegeta's flight speed is impressive because they kept up with a Kid Buu ki blast, but Kid Buu's ki blast is impressive because it kept up with Goku and Vegeta.

And yes, the bigger Ki blast could be slower. The point of it was to be more destructive than the first one; not necessarily faster.

In the manga the Ki Blast was gaining on Goku and Vegeta, it's faster than them. A simpler justification for Buu's travel speed is what was touched upon above, which is that he can travel to planets that would be at least outside of Earth's solar system in relatively immediate timeframes instead of weird combat speed scaling.

I think it is common sense that if something is big, it is slow.
That's ridiculous. Bigger size just means it requires more energy to move. This doesn't apply to a ki blast that gets faster and stronger the more ki is pumped into it.
That's a bit of a circular argument; Goku and Vegeta's flight speed is impressive because they kept up with a Kid Buu ki blast, but Kid Buu's ki blast is impressive because it kept up with Goku and Vegeta.

And yes, the bigger Ki blast could be slower. The point of it was to be more destructive than the first one; not necessarily faster.
The ki blast by default scales to kid buu's combat speed which is MFTL+. It could only be slower if kid buu is explicitly suppressing it to go slower which is clearly not happening and you have to prove it's going slower. The argument that it's going slower is still completely baseless and at other shots the blast appears to be moving at high speed. 2:45

It seems to me that the Ki blast accelerates as it catches up to them.

But anyway; more Ki doesn't necessarily always means more speed. The Spirit Bomb at the end of Z is likely the strongest attack in the series up to that point, but it is clearly slower than some of Goku's other attacks which previously overwhelmed Kid Buu.

Anyway, I'll cover Ki blasts and stuff more in a future thread. Just closing out the speed ratings for the majority of the characters right now.

It seems to me that the Ki blast accelerates as it catches up to them.

But anyway; more Ki doesn't necessarily always means more speed. The Spirit Bomb at the end of Z is likely the strongest attack in the series up to that point, but it is clearly slower than some of Goku's other attacks which previously overwhelmed Kid Buu.

Anyway, I'll cover Ki blasts and stuff more in a future thread. Just closing out the speed ratings for the majority of the characters right now.
That's does not matter.
Not it isn't slower. It actually blitzes buu and he's forced to block it.
4.jpg

5.jpg

And when kid buu can't block it anymore, it vaporizes him making a giant hole instantly.

13.jpg

Okay.

One day, I'll never have to see those 0% quality Dragon Ball scans used in CRTs again.

Not saying that the spirit bomb was slow. Just that it was slower than some of SS3 Goku's other attacks which Buu couldn't defend against - despite the spirit bomb having Ki from everyone including Gohan who is stronger than SS3 Goku.
The first example, buu was at close range and literally ran into the attack, considering that he was fighting a reckless way because of regeneration, this isn't the case with the spirit bomb because he could sense the danger and tried to physically stop it twice.
The second attack he was caught off guard and barely reacted.

Awesome, thanks. Will just wait for one more approval then will get on to committing the changes.

Sandbox proposed changes largely seem fine.
Thanks for the approval!

DDM has also indicated to me that he finds the changes fine to proceed, so I will begin the process of editing the pages later today - and will add a explanatory note to the verse page when I am done.

Back