• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rematch Ryley Robinson VS Master Chief

WeeklyBattles said:
And again, the rounds of heavy weapons like the incineration cannon can easily be timestopped to make them easier to avoid, and Chief only has four shots with it
4 shots per clip at full charge. There's a difference.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryley's tier 7 stuff is a last resort
Ryley's Tier 7 stuff is nonexistant. It has that energy, just no way to weaponize it aside from powering lesser weapons for extended periods of time.

This is not a stomp. But Ryley's hax require range to even function. Chief can one-shot long before Ryley gets within range. That is a fact. Ryley's Tier 7 stuff isn't even a weapon, nor has any way of exerting said energy until funneled through lesser weaponry. The fact that it is on the profile to begin with is pretty weird. Still, I've come to accept that most verses have messes like this to clean up.

Bubble Shield can absolutely be gotten around. But the range cannot. John's weapons can be shot from far further and will instantly kill Ryley. That is a fact.

If chief throws down a bubble shield to protect himself he leaves himself open to the stasis rifle and gets timestopped

I'm not familiar with Subnautica, but I'm pretty sure Weekly does. Still, Destructive Capacity and Attack Potency are two widely different things if that's what you're talking about; so I'm not sure what you mean by "Most Verses have messes like this to clean up."

Has Ryley ever thrown an ion cube

Because yes, it has tons of energy in it

But he has no way of capitalizing on it, at least not yet. He isn't familiar enough with the technology, I'd assume, but hey, who am I to say.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm not familiar with Subnautica, but I'm pretty sure Weekly does. Still, Destructive Capacity and Attack Potency are two widely different things if that's what you're talking about; so I'm not sure what you mean by "Most Verses have messes like this to clean up."
I mean Subnautica clearly has some interesting issues that keep showing up with each verse I look at. From a wiki point of view, not from the battle. Subnautica might need such a clean up project much like Monster Hunter and Bloodborne did.

It doesn't quite have to be a throw for it to qualify as a Tier 7 attack; if he's ever used an electric discharge that puts the cube's entire stored up energy into one attack, that could qualify.

And okay, but that just sounds like a few verses; you said "Most verses" which sounds like a really bold statement if you ask me.

He hasn't, though. He has only used them as batteries for much lesser attacks. Long lasting batteries to be sure.

But never once has he capitalized on that 5 kilotons. So having that on the profile is pretty shady.

I cannot see how that will affect MC. If his stronger equipment falls into "Potential Equipment" You'd just have to edit that into the OP,.

I think we have always had the concept that Chief's standart equipment has always been AR, BR, Magnum and a pair of granades, all of the other have always been under Extra equipment, dont see the difference after those revisions really.

One major weakness though is that he'll only have 2 or 3 weapons for the entire fight and he'll have nothing but bare hands once he runs out of the 4 shots; unless OP specifies that there's a whole pile of weapons lying on the ground. Doomguy on the other hand is someone who carries all his weapons at once, and JRPG characters have a giant arsenal to carry around.

Chief does not carry more than 3 weapons in lore, usually a rifle, a sidearm, MAYBE a heavy weapon, and some grenades.

I'm pretty sure I saw an instance somewhere where he did carry more than three. Besides, he does have Class 10 lifting strength, so there isn't really any reason he wouldn't be able to.

Lifting strength does not matter when he canonically does not ever carry around more than 3 weapons at any point throughout the entire franchise

Back