• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rematch Ryley Robinson VS Master Chief

Thats still a projectile, there isnt going to be anything Chief will be able to outrun against the Propulsion Cannon

>"Pull the trigger once to lock onto and attract a single targeted object weighing less than 25kg"

>Chief weighs over 130 kg even without Mjolnir.

I still think Chief outclasses in everything except Time hax.

EDTI: As always If Ryley goes PRAWN he gets Ionized.

Ryley has a tool specifically made to ignore durability against titanium, which Cihef's suit is made of

Can you post source? (Also I dont remember what material is Mjolnir made of but yeah its very close to Titanium)

This is all still assuming Ryley manages to cross a distance of at least 75 meters, possibly literally kilometers in order to even battle Chief. The OP hasn't been updated.

Chief has 8-A weapons that would instant-kill Ryley.

Chief can barrage Ryley with attacks that will kill him.

Ryley's time hax is arguably his best attack, and it doesn't last long. Meanwhile he has to either submit to being in the mech (which limits things considerably in the name of a higher AP/dura, which still gets destroyed by 8-A) or remain on foot. Either way, Chief has the range to just annihilate him without Ryley ever being a threat.

These are the facts. For all of Ryley's neat toys, Chief has AP and range, which means Ryley will never get the chance to use them effectively.

@Bambu Can you pleas stop ignoring the fact that Ryley can instantly refresh the time slow before it runs out to keep chief trapped indefinitely? Because he can and he will.

SBA makes range equal due to chief having a huge range advantage, the OP doesnt need to write it, its a standard assumption.

No, it doesn't. That's not how SBA works lol. You, as in, not the OP, cannot show up and say "humpty dee, this range advantage shall not be" and then boom it defaults to a lesser range. The SBA literally states that if it is too much of an advantage (it isn't, considering it is the main point for Chief is that Ryley has garbage range) that it can be agreed upon in the discussion of a more fair range.

Please, actually read the thing you are citing.

And yes, absolutely, Ryley can spam the shit out of it (at least until it runs out of batteries, but with ion stuff that's unlikely). But while he's doing that, he can't be doing other stuff, he has to just keep shooting it. And again, this is assuming Ryley gets within range and that, if he does, he isn't instantly murdered by an 8-A attack that kills him. Because in that scenario, Chief gets out of stasis and Ryley is dead.

The Stasis rifle shoots a ball similar to Warden's Anti-Gravimetical Vortex wich homes in and has better range, Chief isnt gonna fell for that.

Yes i can because SBA makes it so, anyone can come in and say it. It was already agreed that 100 meters is a more fair range.

Yes he can do other stuff, it lasts for 30 seconds at a time, thats more than enough times to scan chief to learn about what he can do before refreshing and using a countermeasure. And again, its very much out of character for Chief to lead with 8-A weapons against a human opponent who is visibly unarmored.

But they are willing to kill, meaning that Chief can easily use the AR or Sniper to take him down little to no shots.

Also Ryley can freeze the incineration cannon rounds which would make them extremely easy to dodge and Chief only has 4 shots with it which would be quickly wasted if he tried to lead with it from a distance

KarmodF said:
But they are willing to kill, meaning that Chief can easily use the AR or Sniper to take him down little to no shots.
Ryley's normal suit can tank High 8-C explosions, 9-B bullets wont do much of anything

1. Even from 100 meters Ryley is paste. If he runs without the mech, he has versatile equipment buuut is gonna get toasted by Chief's weapons. In the mech, it is pretty viable to see that Chief would use his best weapon against what appears to be a rather large mech.

2. Yes. I know. But to keep that up he is going to just spam the time sphere stasis thing, switch to his knife or what have you, and repeat.

3. It is not out of character for Chief to lead with 8-A weapons against a viable threat, which I'd classify a mech as. And if Ryley is outside the mech, then Chief's normal weapons will do just fine. Either way Ryley is paste before he can kill Chief.

Weekly you should give the profiles a check up before the match, at this point I dont even know I am very confused with the whole range thing, also would Chief have acces to the Halo 2 Beam Rifle Delta? thats like his strongest weapon in terms of hax.

@Bambu

1. Chief only has a handful of weapons that can even hurt Ryley and most if not all of them can be time stopped with the stasis rifle of grabbed with the propulsion cannon making them useless.

2. You say that like thats out of character for him whe in reality that's exactly what he would do except with the first time stop he'd scan Chief to learn about him.

3. Against a human with no visible armor it is extremely out of character. Ryley does not lead with the PRAWN suit in character so please stop acting like he does as that's false. Chief's normal weapons are 9-B to Ryley's High 8-C durability, they wont do anything.

Can we give Chief just the Incineration Canon and Delta Beam Rifle so we can make this more balanced?

Ryley has High 8-C dura for tanking a High 8-C blast and tons of 9-B attacks.

A blast that can instantly destroy things that are more durable than Ryley.

Which does the same damage no matter where you are in it, despite that going against real world stuff, and tanking the outer rim of the blast would pretty likely be a 9-A to 9-B dura feat.

And this addition was new, and added literally just now, without a CRT. Why does this seem incorrect to me.

Oof.

Regardless. Chief has the AP to open up big guns and insta-kill Ryley. Chief has experienced humanoids who are unharmed by his normal guns before. Who can just tank them. It is completely in character to resort to higher ordinance.

Show me one time Chief has lead with heavy ordinance against an unarmored human opponent when he had no prior knowledge. One time.

And again, the rounds of heavy weapons like the incineration cannon can easily be timestopped to make them easier to avoid, and Chief only has four shots with it

Warden Eternal doesn't have gravity manipulation on his profile, it's just portal creation. Also, Slipspace is an environment with 0 gravity. John has never been shown to resist fairly good levels of gravity manipulation, and even Gravity Hammers regularly flatten Spartans in one hit. Not to mention, Gravity hammers are physically weaker than Ryley's Prawn suit.

Also, everyone, please stop bringing up the Didact feat, getting stomped by a severely held back 7-B character is not a feat. It's like saying 4-B Krillin beats insert 4-A character here because he stood up to a held back 3-A character.

Also, John regularly saves the Incineration Cannon for Warden Eternals, tanks, ect, he rarely uses it against smaller targets, and would especially never use it on a human. He otherwise uses UNSC weapons against them.

Also we are putting a 7-C with High 8-C dura. vs a 8-A with 8-C dura. I guess you can see the problem.

I thought that was a Covenant weapon not a Promethean weapon. Still, that's very basic Gravity manipulation and a 9-B one at that.

Also, again with this complaint? People going back and forth between Character A wins Vs this is a stomp in character B's favor needs to stop. Admittedly much of us have been guilty of that on other threads, but still. Also, I don't think Ryley leads with his Low 7-C to 7-C stuff. But still, either of them have tools to one shot each other, but Ryley does overall have more/better tools to get around it. Not to mention, Bubble shield is easy to get around just by walking inside it, and John can't use the Incineration Cannon while inside it, because he might risk ionizing himself.

If we are going backwards and forwards its because Weekly just updated Ryley's profile and he is the main guy putting the info. about his weapons, also Warden's Gravity Vortex is faaar stronger than Void's tear, they are the same mechanicly.

Back