• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo: Master Chief and Spartans' revisions and downgrades

I found some potential LS feats, one actual, and one speculated. I don't know how to calc either, and one isn't on the common feats page. I consulted the Calc Group on the Calc Group forum on how to approach it.

John waited on the other side of the steel and bulletproof-glass security door, one hand on its handle, one foot braced against the wall.
Inside three muffled thumps sounded.
John pulled, wrenching the door and frame from the steel reinforcing in the wall.
- Halo The Fall of Reach

We’ve installed neural-inhibitor collars on you and your comrades. UNSC standard issue for dangerous felons.” He smiled. “I’d wager without one you could, and would, rip me in half in that miraculous power armor.”
John kept his mouth shut.
“Relax,” the man said. “I am General Graves.”
- Halo Oblivion

found some potential LS feats, one actual, and one speculated. I don't know how to calc either, and one isn't on the common feats page. I consulted the Calc Group on the Calc Group forum on how to approach it
You could use the 12 ton leg statement if you want.

You could use the 12 ton leg statement if you want.
I found this door feat from the Fall of Reach in a respect thread. I have a bunch of Halo novels, but my living situation changed and most of my books are in storage, and thus inaccessible. Where did this statement come from? Do you have it handy?

If so, that's consistent with Ripa's Class 25 11 ton feat, and four Spartans working together to move a 100 ton stone block.

How much power would it take to completely obliterate a Wraith via an explosion? I ask because the Hrunting Mark 1 Prototype Suit in Legends was able to do that with one of its custom made explosives.

How much power would it take to completely obliterate a Wraith via an explosion? I ask because the Hrunting Mark 1 Prototype Suit in Legends was able to do that with one of its custom made explosives.
Total fragmentation? In the upper end of High 8-C. 8-C

That is if we can prove total fragmentation. I think Medeus is a bit overzealous when it comes to dismissing vehicle destruction. Firstly, we have no clue about the power source of Covenant vehicles and their volatility, secondly, for instance a Gasoline tank exploding in a car doesn't even come close to fragmenting the entire thing, let alone heating it up enough in a given timeframe to significantly weaken the structure.

Last edited:
Total fragmentation? In the upper end of High 8-C.

That is if we can prove total fragmentation. I think DDM is a bit overzealous when it comes to dismissing vehicle destruction. Firstly, we have no clue about the power source of Covenant vehicles and their volatility, secondly, for instance a Gasoline tank exploding in a car doesn't even come close to fragmenting the entire thing, let alone heating it up enough in a given timeframe to significantly weaken the structure.
I mean the explosion wasn't even a purple one like what happens when Covenant vehicles are destroyed, it was like what you'd see from human explosives so it was just the blast from the suit's claymore thing.

I mean the explosion wasn't even a purple one like what happens when Covenant vehicles are destroyed, it was like what you'd see from human explosives so it was just the blast from the suit's claymore thing.
You are correct.

Fragmentation of 47000 Kilograms of Titanium, the mass of a Wraith is...... 10444444.444 cc * 550 = 5.7444444442 Gigajoules, or 8-C+.

Had a brain fart there, but it would still be consistent with how powerful UNSC explosives are.

You are correct.

Fragmentation of 47000 Kilograms of Titanium, the mass of a Wraith is...... 10444444.444 cc * 550 = 5.7444444442 Gigajoules, or 8-C+.

Had a brain fart there, but it would still be consistent with how powerful UNSC explosives are.
Nice, that makes it consistent too with the fact that this suit was the first attempt at Power Armor for the UNSC, meaning you could potentially scale this thing to the Mantis since it and the Cyclops are descendants of the Hrunting Prototype Suit.

Man, I forgot just how OP the Hrunting Prototype was. That huge cannon on the back of it ripped right through a Hunter in one-shot as well as destroyed a Phantom with only four or five shots and the regular mini-gun on the arm rips Elites to shreds despite having energy shields as if they aren't even there.

The fact that this ******* suit could survive a Phantom exploding on top of it with only moderate damage is insane.

Last edited:
Also once my most recent calcs are evaluated, it would probably be best to make a new thread since this discussion and calculations have given us much much more to talk about. I'll begin drafting it in a Doc in the meantime.

Back