• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rematch Ryley Robinson VS Master Chief

@KardodF Most of chief's normal weapons wont do much to ryley due to his armored suit which can protect him from explosions that can harm High 8-C characters

WeeklyBattles said:
He can but he won't when he can take out his opponent before they get to it
You mean Ryley's time manip? How good is it then I tough it was like 20 meters aoe, also SBA puts them at what range?

It's 20-30 meters iirc, its spammable, and if chief even gets partially hit he'd be a sitting duck as that part of his body would be timeslowed to the point that hed be unable to move

Top range for either combatant (as in, if one combatant is melee and the other is 1 km, then 1 km).

Or 4 km max, if one range exceeds 4 km.

WeeklyBattles said:
It's 20-30 meters iirc, its spammable, and if chief even gets partially hit he'd be a sitting duck as that part of his body would be timeslowed to the point that hed be unable to move
If Ryley gets to PRAWN he gets vaporized, that the most IC thing Chief does against heavy armored guys.

Isnt Ryley's standart suit 9-B wich the Sniper already covers?

That's true. Dozens of meters is Ryley's listed range. He gets shot up instantly by Chief.

Ryley's standard suit is High 8-C and sba states that if one character has a severe range advantage, the range advantages which they start is advantage is an equal fair range, in this case it would be dozens of meters

That's not what SBA says. It says if too huge of an advantage is gained (it isn't), it can be discussed in thread. Nowhere does it say "then just default to the other character's range".

Chief has a range of over 2 kilometers with his weapons, ryley has a few dozen, yes that is a big advantage

Yes, a big advantage. Range is supposed to be an advantage.

Ryley has a viable shot at winning from that range, whereas your proposition disproportionately favors Ryley by accomodating their weakness and accomodating none of Chief's.

Ryley has dozens of meters. That's 24, we'll say, for sake of simplicity. I think 100 meters would make for a good enough middle ground. From that point, it is still a good advantage for Chief but Ryley has a decent chance of countering it.

100 meters is fair yes but there's still the fact that chief would take lead with instawin weapons in character

Yes.

Which makes this something of a stomp due to AP advantage.

I'm not entirely sure why people just voted Ryley without actually looking at the SBA and profiles as a whole rather than Ryley's time hax.

How is it an ap stomp? Ryley leads with his incap hax like timestop against new things that are threatening to him that he doesn't know about in character due to being more of of a survivalist rather than a straight up fighter.

Incap hax that doesn't last long.

And Chief can absolutely lead with an 8-A attack that insta-kills Ryley. In character, Ryley has never fought a humanoid (unless some strange updates have occurred since I last checked) and Ryley has no experience with an enemy like Chief. Chief has plenty of experience with mech-types.

But hey, if you say so.

But can be refreshed instantly as ryley sees fit, once Chief is caught in the time slow bubble he's not getting out

Before Ryley crash landed he had never experienced any of the things on the planet, but he was able to survive because he's a survivor first, not a pure fighter. In character he incaps things that are new and threatening to him and analyzes them to learn how to best deal with them. Please do show me where Chief has fought someone who can timestop him. And as i remember very clearly he couldnt do anything about the Didact using TK on him, and Ryley's propulsion cannon has the added bonus of freezing its target in place if theyre alive.

Ryley's Time Manipulation would make the Incineration Cannon, which I should note has poor accuracy, easy for Ryley to dodge. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure John would prefer to save his Incineration Cannon for later, since it's limited to 4 shots; miss 4 times and he's toast I should add. It really can't be an AP stomp. Especially since Ryley is definitely more haxed here.

Ryley can also one shot him either in CQC or with cannons, while everything that isn't Incineration Cannon will only chip damage at best. And with Time manipulation and Gravity manipulation, Ryley's more likely to land hits first. John has never dealt with Time manipulation at all. Though, I think Didact is a terrible example; why compare a 7-B character who stomps him?

Is there any other character who has used telekinesis or something comparable to Ryley's tractor beam on John?

Aside from a severely held back Didact, John's never really dealt with telekinesis; and he's especially never shown to counter it head on.

Propulsion Canon is gracity manip. wich Warden has woth his BFR portal, also Chief is so experienced with weapons like the Incineration Canon that weapon's poor accuracy wouldnt matter seeing how he can use the AoE also no, he wouldnt save up for latter as he has used Spartan Lasers and Rocket Launchers at the beginning of a mission when he only knows about the Presence of Wraiths or heavily armored vehicles.

WeeklyBattles said:
But can be refreshed instantly as ryley sees fit, once Chief is caught in the time slow bubble he's not getting out
Before Ryley crash landed he had never experienced any of the things on the planet, but he was able to survive because he's a survivor first, not a pure fighter. In character he incaps things that are new and threatening to him and analyzes them to learn how to best deal with them. Please do show me where Chief has fought someone who can timestop him. And as i remember very clearly he couldnt do anything about the Didact using TK on him, and Ryley's propulsion cannon has the added bonus of freezing its target in place if theyre alive.
Didact is several tiers stronger than Chief, keep in mind. That's like saying "oh well this guy couldn't tank a collision with a school bus, how would he possibly tank this small red wagon?!?!"

And yes. Ryley has experience fighting alien threats. But he has never fought a human being. Nor a very combat intelligent human being. In fact, his best match intelligence wise is probably the Warper since at least it had coded instructions, but that would be like saying a Roomba is intelligent- it just sees the mess it is meant to clean, and cleans it. Ryley is at a severe experience disadvantage.

And also, yes. As Karmod said. Ryley's propulsion cannon is literally something you see in Halo every day.

Why are you using him getting stomped by Didact as a feat?

Like. Didact literally thrashing him around like a toy and killing him if it weren't for Cortana isn't a feat nor is it actually something to be used in a match

It's like saying "This guy got severely crippled by a bus so getting hit with a wagon won't incap him"

It isn't a good one

Master Chief getting stomped by a casual Didact doesn't mean he can survive Ryley's TK.

@Gar

That isnt the point of the example, he is refering that If he gets stomped by a 7-B that doesnt mean he woul to a High 8-C not that Chief can survive a higher degree because he didnt get stomped by Ur.

Also Prop. Rifle isnt even TK, it says its Gravity wich Chief has already fought.

Thing is Chief doesnt have a resistance to it and it holds him completely still if Ryley uses it on him

Chief has fought against AoE gravity and he nevers stop evading/running unless he starts aiming and with a weapon like the Incineration, well, you know.

When has chief fought against a gravity manipulating weapon that holds him frozen in place and can ragdoll him at will?

Gargoyle One said:
It isn't a good one
Master Chief getting stomped by a casual Didact doesn't mean he can survive Ryley's TK.
Didact's telekinesis is stronger. Saying his TK works on Chief, ergo Ryley's would too, doesn't work. That's the point. Didact is far superior (literally laughably so) to Ryley.

@Bambu Show me where chief has resisted weaker TK and then show me where he's resisted gravity manip that works like Ryley's does

That's not the point I'm arguing. I'm arguing this stuff is nothing new to Chief. It's pretty common technology, IIRC the elevator like structures in the game use practically the same thing.

@Bambu

They aren't saying that it would affect him cuz someone better could.

They are saying it would because he has no specific resistance to it.

Edit: Misunderstood your argument it seems

Mr. Bambu said:
That's not the point I'm arguing. I'm arguing this stuff is nothing new to Chief. It's pretty common technology, IIRC the elevator like structures in the game use practically the same thing.
Has any weapon used it like ryley does? Cuz there being TK and gravity manip in the verse doesn't make it comparable

@Bambu when has anyone in the verse used gravity manipulation offensively in the manner that Ryley does?

Warden shoots anti-gravimetical vortex that have an EMP effect and attracts things like Warthogs and even Scorpions wich also BFRs to Slipsapce and has AoE of like 20+ meters.

Back