• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard van Astra (Re:Zero) vs Christopher Valzelide (Silverio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Rant: Everytime i want to have a character from a VN that's powerful, doesn't get much replies in a match unless it's against a particular popular character....

Off that, this is a match i thought was good and probably think it can be something done right enough....maybe.

So the strongest Sword Saint of Re:Zero takes on the strongest Esperanto of Silverio. Who wins this and why? This is also Base Reinhard so no Reid mode for him here.

Two Round match:

-Round 1:
Normal

-Round 2: Speed Equal

Sword Saint: 7

Esperanto: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Reinhard van Astrea
Enemy to all Evil

Don't think reinhard is surviving matter destruction, transmutation he certainly has resistance to since capella the archbishop of lust can do that and i highly doubt it's working on reinhard, matter destruction not sure, but with reid he probably does since he has matter manipulation, however he doesn't have reid here.

Doubt radiation would kill reinhard, considering his resistances and the fact that he can't get any sicknesses or diseases. However i don't think christopher will be able to hit him in the first place due to precog plus FTL reactions in round 1, round 2 there is still the issue of reinhards precog, i can see reinhard taking it both rounds.

Alrighty. That's one for Reinhard here. I should point out that his beams, if Reinhard even so much as receive a scratch from it, cause cells in ones body to burst. And they are these same beams that can destroy a molecular destroying miasma cloud AND deal with an AOE affecting ability that freezes everything to absolute zero.

Not saying that Reinhard will f up given his precog and reactions. Just that if he messes up in missing just one of them completely that does in fact hit him just so slightly, it's most likely not gonna end well.

Even if Asterism is not active, would Reinhard survive long enough to take out Chris? Cause this guy can just keep on going until he probably maybe gets decapitated or something.

I'm with Celestial here.

Christopher got plenty of impressive offensive skills, but if we put them to clash against Reinhard's own defensive skills, Reinhard would trump him. And that, combined with his superior speeds & precog seals the deal for Rein in R1. In R2 I'm a bit more doubtful, but I think Reinhard would win as well. His defensive abilities and precog should allow him to outlast Valzelide.

Reinhard won't get hit, his precog is essentially a spidey sense, surprise attacks, ambushes etc are all useless as his precog is intuition that tells him that instead of attacking this way he should attack another, or don't go over there or dodge in this way, he won't get hit, his intuition prevents danger from coming to him.

Reinhard has insane stamina, he can keep dodging all day if he wants, weaker characters like Puck and Roswaal L Mathers, can fight all day and night with no issues and could easily have kept fighting if not for interruptions, much less reinhard who can stalemate satella in an endless battle albeit that's with reid but still, base reinhard>puck and roswaal.

Esperio's fastest attack is a sword beam traveling at lightspeed. The thing is, Reinhard's ancestor, an ex-Sword Saint, even without Dragon Sword Reid, had deflected lightspeed beams using chopsticks. Reinhard is faster than him, to an unspecified degree, so even without the Sword, he'll still be able to dodge/deflect attacks from Esperio.

Also, he won't do this right off the bat but Reinhard can BFR people into outer space with his bare hands. So if his opponent is impossible to kill permanently, he has that option against non-spaceflight capable opponents (I don't know if Esperio can fly in space though, so I'm just going off the information on his profile).

For the greater number of disengagement/engagement options he has, I would give it to the Sword Saint.

Okay, though I don't see anything of him having BFR on his page like that, especially as he kind of needs to actually do his strongest hit on Chris whose 6-B whereas Base Rein here is Low 6-B, so idk if the Tier gap is enough for him to still do that.

As for breathing in space thing, I haven't found anything about him and others like him be able to survive in space so he could also die from that possibly even with his willpower thing going on.

Anyways, another point for Reinhard.

I think he is referring to a q&a the author did that asked what would happen if reinhard had sent regulus to space, to which the author answered he would just come right back, seems more like a what if question, reinhard has never bfr anyone to space in the story, at least from what i know, so don't think that's a viable method to win here.

Ah.....i forgot you guys mentioned that. Well i mean Reinhard does have his precog and the reactions necessary to dodge Chris's beams. Thing is weather he can get through the latters dura enough. I can see him doing fine by doing some attacks here and there on Chris via chip damaging.....if that's acceptable? Chip damaging counts when done in a fight well enough, yeah?

I think the likely higher part of his dc could justify him being able to damage chris, otherwise this would be a stalemate as reinhard has no hax in base just resistances, and he wouldn't be able to hurt chris while chris can't touch him and reinhard can keep dodging for days.

As i already said, either reinhard wins or inconclusive if you want to ignore the likely higher part of reinhard's ap and say he can't hurt chris then reinhard has no way of hurting chris due to having no hax in base, i mean he did put his hand over felt and make her fall asleep, but don't know if that would work here and not like that sleep would be forever or anything.

There is also still the fact that magic can't be used when reinhard is absorbing mana, but chris doesn't use magic but you could argue verse equalization, however i don't think reinhard has ever used it on abilities like his, and saying he could would be an nlf, though if it's stuff like energy blast it would work, and you could maybe argue for stuff like bfr as beatrice can't use her magic when reinhards around.

Still not a way for reinhard to hurt chris though.

Ah.

And just to say this at least, i don't see Reinhard being able to manipulate Astral Particles at all even if he somehow could as they're literally energy particles coming off from higher dimensions in the Silverio verse. And for one to use them, they have to have some affinity to it or something which is what someone like Chris here is: An Esperanto whose a being that can harness said higher dimensional energy particles that can also **** up our laws of Physics in various matters.

Reinhard has never lived in a time and world like Christopher so he's not gonna be able to use something like it even if it was possible for him vai verse equalization. And it's not magic either.

Btw cross a minor thing "so the current and strongest Sword Saint of Re:Zero", reinhard is the current sword saint and the strongest sword saint, but idk makes it sound like there is/ will be someone stronger than reinhard, the author has already said a character stronger than reinhard will never appear and he is stronger than od laguna, which is to my understanding the place where blessings come from, and can dictate the luck of a person, and reinhard is stronger than it, so yea just say the strongest in re zero lol.

Would Reinhard parry Christopher's blast or he would dodge them in character?

Dodge, his intuition alerts him of danger, an attack that will literally destroy him like christopher's, will be sending warning signals all over, and he will intuitively dodge and place himself in a position where that attack won't hit him. For example:

"Super sense of Reinhardt.

A threat approaching oneself and a tremendous intuition that distinguishes every attack in advance. That keen sensation does not allow backward avoidance. Instantly trying to find another candidate, the crouching knee stopped.

"The air around is already there after I touch it."

The sharp sense brought rigidity, and Reinhardt at this moment was unprotected. A trap that cannot be seen that exists in such a way as to enclose himself largely in the rear. The decision of Reinhardt is to move forward beside the bad guys by moving forward, for which a blow of restraint is necessary."

This is in his fight with regulus, his intuition distinguishes every attack in advance and it doesn't matter if the attack is invisible like regulus attacks are, he will intuitively place himself in the perfect position to not get hit.

Okay. In this case i'd say that he gets my vote, Precog + speed equal means that it would be incredibly difficult for Christopher to hit him

The reason why its two rounds with that, as Celestial mentioned, is because Reinhard's greatest advantages here are his reaction speeds plus the precog and resistances. Chris on the other hand is stronger and more durable and his hax is great too. His speed is also much greater than Reinhard's whose about only Hypersonic at least. But none of that would keep up with Reinhard's FTL reactions speed, which is why one is normal as is.....if people would like to read and not make me get antsy here.

Of course, in case Rein's speed and precog are too much for even the Alder Empire Hero, a second round has them at speed equalized so....

Anyways, that's 4 for Reinhard.......get more to go...

@Cross Christopher might not have the speed advantage either, hypersonic is an extreme lowball for reinhard, he has also fought a guy who uses blue lightning and is stated to be lightning speed, i just haven't tried upgrading him yet cause the story is untranslated and all i have is a summary of events.

Anyone. I'd rather have this go in Reinhard's win and Chris' loss so i can close this finally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back