• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Sun Wukong (Journey to the West)'s Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote the profile: Unknown, possibly Universe level+ (Exists beyond the space and time of his universe)

I... don't know how this is Low 2-C at all. Existing beyond space-time can mean many different things, but what's the context here for it be rated as Low 2-C? Since if said context exists, it should definitely be added to the profile.

Right, not to mention existing anywhere (even at x dimensional space) =/= AP.

Edit: Turns out there is the transcending part, which is legit i guess?

Last edited:
To be clear, is all of the stuff that this key lists, in the novel?

Because if not, they'll be removed according to our new Mythology profiles standards :V

Apparently, the reason he is Low 2-C is because he is transcendental over the space-time continuum, and dualities. Not sure if that's even enough for Low 2-C, so you should probably contact Greatsage13th for more evidence.

I mean, I believe the original tier was supposed to be 2-A, but apparently that was wrong, and shit happened, and yada yada. You can check the CRT here.

The original quote for 2-A was apparently not enough, and a bit vague.

Last edited:
What are the summarised arguments for 2-A?

What are the summarised arguments for 2-A?
Okay the original arguements for 2A was the statement where there were infinite dragon realms but then people people brought up a copy novel that had the english translation and when checked the infinite dragon realms statement wasn't in that book but then I looked up another source for the English translation of the novel and then it stated the realms were as many as the sand of ganges. So due to various non-official English translation the tier was reduced to low 2C by transcending the universe's space time continuum and the countless Dualities of the verse but however there was proof that wukong and Buddha both transcends duality itself which @Ricsi-viragosi admitted that but stated that it won't qualify for type 3 transduality (being superior to the concept of duality itself)

I mean, I believe the original tier was supposed to be 2-A, but apparently that was wrong, and shit happened, and yada yada. You can check the CRT here.

The original quote for 2-A was apparently not enough, and a bit vague.
It wasn't vague but it was due to it being an 'unofficial' translation but @Udlmaster said that it is an official translation.

Also why do most of you think that transcending the space time continuum and the countless Dualities is higher than low 2C?

Ok, I'll say three points now after having read that thread:

1. That thread is an absolute mess. (Not actually relevant but needed to point this at)

2. Ricsi's original proposal for Low 2-C (Wukong is comprable to the one who created the universe) is far better justification than what's currently written in the profile and should be added to it so the Attack Potency section actually reflects the given tier.

3. Saying a feat is invalidated because it doesn't come from an "official" translation is the worst argument I've read in my life and something that would nuke a good chunk of our profiles. The so called "official" translations can be inaccurate and the non-"official" ones can be accurate, this is a case by case basis, not an auto favoritism towards either. And that quote is pretty much irrelevant anyway considering we have a better feat to scale him to anyway.

Ok, I'll say three points now after having read that thread:

1. That thread is an absolute mess. (Not actually relevant but needed to point this at)

2. Ricsi's original proposal for Low 2-C (Wukong is comprable to the one who created the universe) is far better justification than what's currently written in the profile and should be added to it so the Attack Potency section actually reflects the given tier.

3. Saying a feat is invalidated because it doesn't come from an "official" translation is the worst argument I've read in my life and something that would nuke a good chunk of our profiles. The so called "official" translations can be inaccurate and the non-"official" ones can be accurate, this is a case by case basis, not an auto favoritism towards either. And that quote is pretty much irrelevant anyway considering we have a better feat to scale him to anyway.
1.Agreed

2.understandable

3.which feat?

The scaling to the creator of the universe one. That's a solid Low 2-C feat and should be what's the on the profile.

Ricsi's original proposal for Low 2-C (Wukong is comparable to the one who created the universe) is far better justification than what's currently written in the profile and should be added to it so the Attack Potency section actually reflects the given tier.
This is a good point. Feel free to update the page accordingly.

Okay. Is somebody who knows what he/she is doing willing to update the page?

Okay. Are the rest of you fine with that?

Well, firstly, I told people not to use the profile I had made for the profile, I specifically said this but people do not seem to listen to me when I tell them things, which was the very reason why I stopped responding.

I don't care for another ad nausuem argument or people using my work without permission, ESPECIALLY when I told them I do not give them permission to use the work.

People don't need your permission if they want to use a profile you created on this wiki for example you could make a VS Match featuring Mr. P or The Owl without my permission
People need permission to use profiles in my blog/sandbox that I didn't say they could use. I didn't post it onto the main profiles for the Wiki, it was in my blogs, and I told them not to use my work, but my research was free gain.

Isn't the current profile only based on your work, and didn't it turn out considerably better because of it?

Isn't the current profile only based on your work, and didn't it turn out considerably better because of it?
It is only based on my work, but despite evidence of my knowledgeability on the topic of Buddhism, Journey to the West and Chinese mythology, I was repeatedly ignored and had to deal with Ad Nausuem arguments, so I said not to use my work and handed over all my research to them, since my findings are not mine to keep.

Being ignored was the main reason why I told them not to use my work and my reason for leaving the thread entirely, so I am particularly stung by the fact that they chose to ignore me again, despite me going out of my way to remove the profile from the entire site, go against my wishes and use my work.

Oh. That is an understandable concern, but they were likely just hasty and didn't remember it.

Anyway, wasn't there an argument about a 2-A Wukong? What was that based on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back