• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding RWBY striking strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So after that Star Wars thread, the next verse that I randomly picked to revise is RWBY. Dark649 says top tiers are scaled to storm feats, for example Raven.

While I'm not knowledgeable about RWBY, I do want to revise this striking strength-AP thing, as we had been very lax about it before. I am neutral whether scaling striking strength to AP or not though, so I would appreciate help from experts to decide.

The storm was created with Raven's Maiden Powers, the same ones she uses for everything, and characters have shown to tank those attacks who she can then harm with he rphysical strikes

It's completely bizarre. The students and the pros aren't that big of a gap regardling ap and striking. 7-B striking is completely silly and outlier just because raven made a storm, which has nothing to do with her striking at all. 8-B, 7-B with storm and 8-B striking. That's what's real. that storm has absolutely nothing to do with her physical stats.

It has everything to do with her stats as she uses the same power she uses to make the storm to amp her physical power

Hell all of the Maidens have shown to use physical attacks and ranged projectiles interchangeably

You missed the point. That storm doesn't scale to physicals at all. You can't scale such a ridiculous unquantifiable feat to a persons physicals stats. Maidens can scale to Grimm dragon tho.

I'm not really new, I just never made an acc. And I'm well aware, and it has nothing to do with physical stats at all. Especially this outlier when the pros aren't above the students in such a gap. This is the worst case

Pros have consistently dominated if not outright oneshot students throughout the entire series, what are you talking about?

There is no reason for Raven's storm to not scale to her physicals when she uses the same power she used to make the storm in all of her other abilities and can harm peopl who can tank said attacks

I mean, not that they should. Magi has magic users that are country level, does not mean they are that with striking strength. If there are multiple examples of Cinder and Co hitting people for damage, I am okay with that. But once or twice should probably just be called PIS and changed. As I say this however, I am like 90 percent sure alot of people in other verses scale storm feats to SS. So it is not like RWBY is an outlier.

Lmao? Where did a pro one shot a student? Hazel bloodlusted can't even take out ren aura, merc and em hurt and took attack's from a 7-B opponent, even Tyrian. That's 7-B gap based on that information? Or more like? At most a one tier gap; with mostly skill difference?

The Everlasting said:
Tyrian treated RNJR as a joke and broke Ruby's Aura with three casual attacks all while literally laughing at their attacks.
To be fair and honest, that sounds more like evidence of large building level at least strking strength.

Not City Level.

treating someone as a joke isn't even a good argument for multiple tiers below you. As other student treated other students like jokes too. Just because he laughed doesn't make the difference 7-B. Try again.

Tyrian while toying around beat all four members of Team RNJR twice, including stopping an attack from a Semblance amped Nora with his tail and laughing it off

Hazel was fighting off a combined attack from Nora and Ren casually while not wanting to fight them

Cinder nearly killed Jaune while toying around with him

Cinder also beat a completely serious Pyrrha while toying with her

Cinder also oneshot Vernal

DisharmonyCrisis said:
treating someone as a joke isn't even a good argument for multiple tiers below you. As other student treated other students like jokes too. Just because he laughed doesn't make the difference 7-B. Try again.
I'm just gonna ask you to watch Tyrian vs. RNJR again.

He utterly decimates them in a fight and tanks their attacks without a scratch.

Yes that alone doesn't justify multiple tier gaps, but here's the thing, there's a higher feat that Tyrian scales to, and that is why he's 7-B.

I am going to wait for the sources/video clips on this above before I comment. If weekly is fine with linking me the sources, too lazy to go fact checking rn, with video times.

So far, I am disagreeing, but if there is sufficient evidence that proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt, then I am fine with it.

You still never explained a one shot. And how do you rationalize a maiden being hurt, and having two 8-C opponents tank her attacks? Or ren'a aura intact after a direct hit form hazel? That's because there is a reasonable expectation. The gap isn't 8-C to 7-B and the author doesn't agree nor intend it as such.

And I'm not understanding. All y'all are doing is explaining why the pros are above the students, not a single one of you have a rational explanation for such an ap gap. Said stuff y'all talked about can happen dif there were even on the same tier. Saying casually at every encounter doesn't help your case either

@Disharmony PIS for the first one, Ren was knocked out for the second one and it was, again, an opponent he did not want to fight.

Theyre above students to that level because they have feats to back it up. Hell in the first episode of the series Cinder nearly killed Ruby with a casual attack and would have succeeded if Glynda didnt step in to protect her

Almost everyone thinks 7-B ruby is a joke. Because the storm feat isn't applicable to striking at all, and, if you want something convincing, scale them to the Grimm dragon. Easy, it's an actual feat that scales to striking unlike this storm

DisharmonyCrisis said:
Almost everyone thinks 7-B ruby is a joke. Because the storm feat isn't applicable to striking at all, and, if you want something convincing, scale them to the Grimm dragon. Easy, it's an actual feat that scales to striking unlike this storm
Who thinks it's a joke? Spacebattles? Or those obscure youtube channels that hate us? Either we, we won't take the opinions of trash-tier "Debaters" seriously

Weekly has proved that SS scales.

ÔÇÿOne Shot' in fiction is highly variable, depending on the verse.

DBZ characters can tank attacks from characters 10-50x stronger and still be just fine. But some verses are very harsh one shot gaps, usually at this point we are talking percantiles, not multipliers.

I am not proven on the AP to SS yet, but otherwise I agree with most of the above of what Ever, Weekly etc said.

@ever and like I have been saying, that storm, doesn't work for striking at all. Toying with someone isn't proof of multiple tiers above you, as I had already explained why that gap is completely unrealistic. The ONLY REAOSN y'all agree to it is because of a storm, that's funny tho right? Because without it, you wouldn't even consider an upgrade because the gap isn't that high. Why you think everyone was at 8-A? Because the pros were superior to the students but not by much. Your using an unquantifiable feat to scale to striking and that ruins the scaling. There are no other feats of that level, it is an outlier, that doesn't even scale to physicals.

Just gonna point out that "almost everyone" thinks RWBY is Wall level with peak human to subsonic speed

DisharmonyCrisis said:
@ever and like I have been saying, that storm, doesn't work for striking at all. Toying with someone isn't proof of multiple tiers above you, as I had already explained why that gap is completely unrealistic. The ONLY REAOSN y'all agree to it is because of a storm, that's funny tho right? Because without it, you wouldn't even consider an upgrade because the gap isn't that high. Why you think everyone was at 8-A? Because the pros were superior to the students but not by much. Your using an unquantifiable feat to scale to striking and that ruins the scaling. There are no other feats of that level, it is an outlier, that doesn't even scale to physicals.
"Toying with someone isn't proof of multiple tiers above you"

Uhhh... yes it is.

If you are utterly trashing someone in a fight and not taking them seriously. Then yes, you are far far stronger than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back