• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tackling The Most Misused Ratings: 9-B and Class 1

Yes, this will likely be a site-wide revision. I want to tackle what I think are the most misused ratings for AP, Striking Strength, Durability (Wall level) and Lifting Strength (Class 1).

Lifting Strength
Let's tackle the easier issue first which is Class 1 (545.2-1000 KG). I kid you not when I say some characters that just pick up a person or 2 have these ratings.
Some example, CW Flash has Class 1 rating for this (Carried Cisco, Caitlin, Harry and Julian out of Gorilla City). Now I don't know about you, but even if we assume that each of these people weighs 100 KG highballing, they'd still be 400 KG max, doesn't qualify for Class 1 at all.
Another example is CW Lucifer who has a Class 1 rating for this (Could pick up a 200 lbs+ man off the ground with one arm without any effort). 200 pounds! That's only 90 KG. Doesn't matter if it's with one hand, that is still 6x below Class 1. I can give more examples like TDK Batman, but you guys get the point. Just picking up several people still doesn't qualify as Class 1, if you guys also know any profiles that were listed this high for the same reason, do link them below.

AP/Striking Strength/Durability
Now for a bit more of a difficult but necessary issue. 9-B (15 Kilojoules to 0.005 Tons). From this calc right here, I found out that even punching or kicking off a small chunk of a literal rock into tiny bits is still not enough to warrant a 9-B rating yet some characters for the same reasons have 9-B ratings. Same for making a small crater on a wall, which is 9-C+ at best. An example would include Candyman who’s 9-B for throwing people through a window and punching a whole through a wall, both of which aren’t 9-B as per the calcs on the References page.

Conclusion
I think some corrections need to be done and the ratings for these especially should be more strict when profiles are being created either through calcs or linking similar feats from the References page, so there isn't a similar issue in the future. Obviously, I couldn't find all the profiles that need these changes, but that is why I'm asking for your guys' help as it would make things much easier.

Last edited:
Class 1's limit got upgraded recently with some new deadlifting records. Back then it would've qualified. Now it's Peak Human.

Honestly some of these just scream profiles being outdated at best.

Class 1's limit got upgraded recently with some new deadlifting records. Back then it would've qualified. Now it's Peak Human.

Honestly some of these just scream profiles being outdated at best.
What’s the new Class 1 limit?

545 kg. Previous was 454. Ends at 1000 kg where Class 5 begins.

It'll keep changing as new records keep getting broken IRL.
Oh, that’s the exact same value I used in the OP. Still even if we take the old value of 454, there’s still profiles that get Class 1 just for picking up a dude or two casually.

Oh, that’s the exact same value I used in the OP. Still even if we take the old value of 454, there’s still profiles that get Class 1 just for picking up a dude or two casually.
Average dude is 62 kg. You'd need 7 dudes to fill the old mark, 9 dudes to fill the bill.

If you wanna do it within 1 or 2, they need to be severely overweight or obese. 200 kg for a dude is in no sense of the word, a dude. Just a fat man, or an overweight wrestler.

Thing is tho, no actual IRL powerlifter can actually lift a motorbike above their heads and then proceed to swing it like a baseball bat. That is simply put, impossible. But I guess that's encroaching into the fact that IRL is not linear even with different forms of lifting while fiction is linear to make things simpler and easier to keep in check.

Yeah, this feels like like a wiki wide revision and more so pointing out a few pages are outdated. Which I think could individually just be easy done individually.

Also, usually, it's the rules that "Wiki wide revisions" need to be put in staff forum and that regular users typically need permission from a staff member before making one. But since this is a more simple one, I suppose it's fine. It just means some Class 1 characters need to be downgraded to peak human and some 9-B characters need to be downgraded to 9-C or 9-C+

Sorry if it seems like I'm kind of necroing this thread considering the fact that this was brought my attention prior to this edit here. And about TDK Bats scaling to Class 1, it isn't even really about him picking up so many people, but because he's scaling to Bane who could snap necks.

Sorry if it seems like I'm kind of necroing this thread considering the fact that this was brought my attention prior to this edit here. And about TDK Bats scaling to Class 1, it isn't even really about him picking up so many people, but because he's scaling to Bane who could snap necks.
Oh, I didn’t know Bane had Class 1. Because Batman has so many Athletic Human feats mentioned for his lifting strength that I thought it was the only feats he scaled to. He can keep Class 1.

Back