• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding RWBY striking strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and saying there's no gap is stupid in this case since even with amps and more experience, Student-Level Team RNJR got their ass kicked by a Break-Dancing Tyrian. 3 Kicks while laughing hysterically and literally not giving a single **** about the entire team still downed Ruby's Aura casually.

No large difference my ass, this guy basically just shat on the team in every category whilst only having a good ol' time and making literally no attempts to off any of them immediately.

It was a Level 99 vs Level 20 match-up through and through, and they stood no chance.

DisharmonyCrisis said:
Listen, even tho I corrected you, you repeat the same thing all over again.? I mentioned why I said dragon, it's because it's a feat that scales to striking, unlike the storm. The gap can't be that big Cause it was never established as such. And I'm not answering the first question as I already did
Not to be mean or anything, but you haven't corrected shit yet. The gap is MASSIVE, 3 casual kicks with no effort whatsoever while laughing like a madman at how utterly puny the team is isn't a massive difference becaussse?

Looks like you actually never explained why storm feats don't scale, especially not when explained why this one does. All you've said is "it doesn't scale because it's a storm" which ignores my comment and what others say. We also don't really give a shit about authorial intent. What's show through feats > what the author was thinking.

I see that some people are saying "lots of people scale to storm feats, therefore RWBY should". While I'm neutral, this is a really, really dumb argument.

Storm feats should not scale unless proven so. Though don't misunderstand me, I do think Weekly makes sense.

@Disharmony you clearly don't know what "holding back" means right?? Tyrian was hardly trying at all against RNJR, it wasn't until Qrow arrived that he decided to get serious.

As for the Weather thing, when the maidens have not only show to do this casually, but have used this against their opponents in combat, why the hell wouldn't that equate to their striking strength?

That's not really what's being said. They scale because the same power used to cause the storm feat is used for making themselves where they are physically, and that they can physically harm people who tank their magic/energy/whatever runy calls it.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Character A generates a storm.

Character A manages to harm character B with physical blows, while the latter is durable enough to withstand the attack related to whatever created the storm.

It's very very simple to understand.

Wokistan said:
Storm made using magic energy
Character uses said magic energy to fight

Character can physically hurt people who tank said magic energy

So what's the reason for arbitrarily being several tiers lower?

Guys don't misunderstand me. I said I think Weekly makes sense, but some people are saying something like "other verses scale, therefore RWBY should scale".

Should we close this? This is going nowhere.

Sounds like a you problem, as you consistently fail to provide any reason as to why it's bad beyond "I don't like it and it seems off".

I'm gonna go sleep now, inb4 I wake up and this thread has spilled over into rule violations

Storm feats in general are wrong and don't scale at all. Wew, Ima see if I scale physically to whatever a storm throws at me. The raven feat is unquantifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back