• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Irene's Meteor calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I may have missed something, but can someone please explain to me exactly why a one minute assumed timeframe was used as a low end? Why not use 20 minutes like what was used in the initial bleach mimihagi calc?

I'm asking this in a politeful manner so please do not take offence.

Because we decided that 1 minute is the longest it should have been. They are planning to redo that calc I think.

@Dragonmasterxyz

That doesn't seem like a good reason imo. Based on what is the assumption that 1 minute is the longest it should have been? I don't see why it can't be 2 minutes. Or 3. Or 20, since everyone seemed to think that was a fine lowball for the mimihagi calc. Please don't get it confused it's not like im being a spoilt brat or anything I just want a legit reason.

I'll look forward to the calc being redone.

I just took some panels

Also, 20 minutes is just too long for an event in where a meteor is falling and nobody else can stop it

And, due to the reasons I gave in the blog, Mimihagi calc was going to be revised

I already read the blog, this was the exact reasoning:

"I saw that Narutoforums suggested to assume a 10 seconds timeframe, i'll add a Mid-End of 30 seconds because I believe that is a good and reasonable assumption too. And for those who likes "unrealistics" low ends, 60 seconds."

Sorry but this doesn't really seem like valid reasoning to me, does it to you? If 60 seconds is a viable low end for this calc then I am of the belief that 60 seconds is certainly a viable low end for the mimihagi calc because if anything the timeframe for that literally seemed way shorter than that of this calc.

1) I'm Aiden dude, try to read more that just the blog to critizes

2) I just said that Mimihagi was going to be revised

So, what do you exactly want?

I would imagine context also plays a part in this, considering that logically there would be no point of calling a meteor that would take 20 minutes to arrive when u can literally walk up to ur enemy and crush them (especially considering Eileen had the advantage)

@Aiden

So is the mimihagi calc going to be revised to match 60 seconds like this calc or will it stay at 5 minutes? Because my point remains, the timeframes were similar and if anything the mimihagi one happened in a shorter time period, I find it highly unrealistic for characters to be staring at each other for 5 whole minutes doing nothing in the midst of war, even 60 seconds is extremely laughable and unimaginable.

AidenBrooks999 said:
1) I'm Aiden dude, try to read more that just the blog to critizes
2) I just said that Mimihagi was going to be revised

So, what do you exactly want?
Apologies, I had sent that comment after I had refreshed the page and seen your comment.

Hmm I read over the comment section of the calc blog, which I hadn't done fully before. Apologies, this may be closed I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back