• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Redo: Sigurd vs Gardevoir

The original thread before the revision

Alright! Since Fate verse already back to even stronger than before to tier 7 let's do this rematch!! Best Physic Pokemon and best Pokemon waifu) against the true helder of Siegfried name (and one of newbie husbando), who would win!!?

The conditions still same as the original thread above expect the range now are 100 to 200 meter and Base Gardevoir is used, other than that win via K.O, death, and incapatitation!!!

Gardevoir2
Sigurd

VS

• Inconclusive: 0

Sigurd should take this rather comfortably.

On top of having an Equal AP and Dura to start, Sigurd can kill Gardevoir with a single cut and can immediately close it out by use of Gram

Magic resistance covers the majority of the psychics stuff as well.

Schnee One said:
Sigurd should take this rather comfortably.
On top of having an Equal AP and Dura to start, Sigurd can kill Gardevoir with a single cut and can immediately close it out by use of Gram

Magic resistance covers the majority of the psychics stuff as well.
Psychic stuff? Which Psychic-type moves are magic to Nasuverse? Are telekinetic attacks magic there?

Also, what values within 7-A are the combatants (I'm assuming baseline since they're apparently equal.) and what value within 6-C is Gram? Does it have a calculation?

That said, I'm a bit tired to debate this.

Uhh

Both characters are Mountain Level+

Both of them are above halfway through the tier, so no they're far from baseline.

6C is enough to one shot a 7A so what value it is doesn't matter.

I dunno about specific moves but I am willing to argue that everything would be considered magical as mons would be verse equaled to Phantasmal Species in Nasuverse.

The 6-C attack easily overpowers other 6-C attacks which one shot.

I'm still heavily against that due to all of the reasons I stated on the Cole vs Sigurd thread. But then again I don't know that much about Phantasmal species or mons so their might be something specific in this case.

I don't know Nasuverse, so I don't have any clue what defines a Phantasmal Species, but regarding Pokemon as magical, I'm a bit skeptical; The series has moves & abilities called Magic, like Magical Leaf, Magic Coat, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Magic Room, Mystical Fire (Called Magical Flame in the original Japanese)....

Such things being explicitly called magic, unlike other forms of plant manipulation, other psychic type moves and abilities, and other pyrokinesis makes me skeptic how much ELSE of Pokemon is magic.

But I dunno what qualifies something as magic to Nasuverse. So what does?

Also, how likely is Sigurd to lead with attacking using Gram, in-character? Whether or not speed is equalized, the slowest speed among the combatants is Massively Hypersonic.

Meaning Sigurd could move at least 34,300 meters / second; A starting range of 200 meters is nothing. Looking at the original thread the OP says this shares the conditions of, both combatants apparently have amount of preptime. (How much, I don't know.)

Would this preptime mean Gardevoir knowing that Gram is "dodge or die"? Because the disance is practically nothing to cross.

Also, what would Sigurd do with preptime, I wonder?

Imaginym said:
I don't know Nasuverse, so I don't have any clue what defines a Phantasmal Species, but regarding Pokemon as magical, I'm a bit skeptical; The series has moves & abilities called Magic, like Magical Leaf, Magic Coat, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Magic Room, Mystical Fire (Called Magical Flame in the original Japanese)....
Such things being explicitly called magic, unlike other forms of plant manipulation, other psychic type moves and abilities, and other pyrokinesis makes me skeptic how much ELSE of Pokemon is magic.
I would like to commend you on not calling it pyromancy. Also, Gardevoir learns Magical Leaf, Magic Coat and Magic Room.

@HenryWong122: Yes, it does learn those moves, but my point was just because it learns abilities referred to as Magic, doesn't mean all its abilities are magic, especially by another 'verse's standards.

Imaginym said:
@HenryWong122: Yes, it does learn those moves, but my point was just because it learns abilities referred to as Magic, doesn't mean all its abilities are magic, especially by another 'verse's standards.
Just take the commendation!

I still disagree on Cole vs Sigurd but thats not exactly relevant to this match.

Unlike Cole vs Sigurd, Pokemon doesnt have anything to even say its all science afaik.

• Phantasmal Species are basically fantastical creatures including but not limited to chimera, fairies, dragons, kaiju, sea monsters etc. Even things like Graveller, Regis, Magnemites are just elementals
  • They can use abilities much like those of Pokemon (mind hax, elemental manip, shapeshifting, status effects, healing etc)
  • Non normal moves allow mons to interact with ghost types and other intangible things (something mana allows as well).
  • Mons have no explanation for how their moves work beyond "they just do" (this lack of specification makes them subject to Nasuverse rules due to similarities)

Right then. So Sigurd resists practically every Pokemon move there is? And has a weapon in his SE that'll OHKO Gardevoir effortlessly?

Not sure if it's fair....

I mean, plenty would argue it isn't a stomp because in theory, Gardevoir HAS win conditions. Just not very good ones, because all its powers & abilities are resisted to an unknown degree & the first hit from Sigurd could OHKO it.

Then again, haven't really looked at their profiles in-depth.

The match up was fairer before since Garde could no sell all of Sig's normal stuff and would only get one shot with Bolverk which isn't his go to at all and could just TK shit at him til he dropped. The AP buff really messed with the balance of this match up.

Literally tanks magic attacks to the face unharmed

Yeah, this is a stomp I think, Sigurd kinda face tanks everything it does, one shots and has Gram

So Magical abilities on his tier fail to affect him?

....And every Pokemon move is considered magic?

And he has a weapon he's likely to use that One-Shots Gardevoir?

And both sides have preptime? (Which could help Gardevoir, but I'm not sure what it'd do in this case. Again, haven't looked at profile.)

I'm skeptical Gardevoir has a fighting chance here. Anyone else?

....Maaaaaaaaybe increase the distance?

Though magic resist means Sigurd covers it like cake.

Sorry, closing.

Highly doubt Pokémon classify as magic, especially given the scientific documentation and some of them such as Pikachu and Flareon being explained by having specific organs to do this.

Alright, i need to say something to make it fairer:

A. Restrict Gram

B. Use Mega Form instead Base

C. Rid off the prep time

That what i want to say, however since Cal is here there might be a table flip that it make this thread can continue without changing some of conditions lel

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Alright, i need to say something to make it fairer:
A. Restrict Gram

B. Use Mega Form instead Base

C. Rid off the prep time

That what i want to say, however since Cal is here there might be a table flip that it make this thread can continue without changing some of conditions lel
So "restricted" as in, can't use Gram?

In any case, what value is Mega Gardevoir's AP/Durability rated at/scaled to?

How does no Prep Time affect Sigurd's course of action?

Also, it seems like there's still the issue brought up above of Sigurd shrugging off "magic" from beings on his tier effortlessly, no? If his magic resistance is good enough, Mega Gardevoir may need a big advantage to be effective enough to win. (Which, funnily enough, prep could've provided. But dunno what Sigurd does with Prep either.)

Of course, that last bit assumes we're still treating all Pokemon moves as magic, in spite of what Cal brought up & me pointing out that there are moves that are explicitly magical, or at least so in name, and they aren't 100% of Pokemon moves/abilities.

Back