• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"My Koopa is in the Top Percentage of Koopa!" (Youngster Joey Vs Bowser) (0 - 1 - 0)

XitSign

He/Him
...Yeah so this is just really funny that these two profiles exist. Lets do this. I have no setup for this I just wanna see it happen.

Bowser scales to oneshotting a fully evo'd pokemon for sure, however it's in-universe one-shotting and Joey's final battle scales to post Champion Ethan, so I think AP isn't an overwhelming insta-win here. I hope so at least. I would hate for this to be DOA

Youngster Joey Vs Bowser, Youngster Joey has his 3rd Rematch Raticate, fight takes place in the Poké Cup Stadium starting at 5 meters, speed doesn't need equalized I'm pretty sure

---

PokeGear Ringing: 0

"Showtime!": 0

They're stomped by whatever we scale Sword and Shield Protags to eventually: 0

The final rematch for Youngster Joey is spesifically noted to be post Champion Lance and Ethan, and at least ballparking the strength of one of their pokemon, which should decently upscale compared to a more average final evo.

Meanwhile Bowser did one-shot said Gyarados and defeat a large number of pokemon, but it was against non-noteable NPCs who don't have the same scaling Lance and Ethan should have.

meh, even beingh a post game rematch even trough tecnically let's youngest joe I don't see him beingh this much comparable to them, and youngest joe raticate lacks ranged options like bowser, even them I doubt youngest joe could one shoot the teans bowser foughted against

Voting bowser, but sure, may not be a stomp

You do need to argue against us using scaling to Ethan better than 'I doubt' if that's the current justification we accept. Our justification is, currently, superior to a single member of Lance's team. Bowser, still, oneshot a far more generic final stage without any other feats or scaling.

It's also only a 5m starting difference, with only 10s of meters of max range for Bowser, which is pretty normal in-universe, so it's not a huge advantage. Especially considering as far as we can tell, Bowser lacks any versatility while Joey's Radicate does have some options in comparison.

1 for Bowser, but I do think parts of the arguement here aren't taking everything into account.

Especially considering as far as we can tell, Bowser lacks any versatility while Joey's Radicate does have some options in comparison.
stomping around 50 diferent teans with varing types and powers mean he don't really needed that versatility
You do need to argue against us using scaling to Ethan better than 'I doubt' if that's the current justification we accept.
that's not really what I meant, yes he can scale to that sinse the post game champion can theoricaly have a fair fight against him, what I mean is, that joe raticate should downscale to that by a lot, sinse eeven trough joe can have a fighting chance don't mean is a 1 to 1, he should still be heavely inherior to lancer for exemple

even if we considere bowser only comparable to wild "random" pokemon sinse we only saw him fight uninportant traines, he him self states "I'm a big deal in this world" so we can probable assume he at least is comparable to more important pokemon masters with a bigger "lore" importance

stomping around 50 diferent teans with varing types and powers mean he don't really needed that versatility
They are off-screen fights so we don't know much about the situation, plus agian, AP should be more comparable here VS. a no-name he stompped and didn't get to fight back. Bowser 'not needing versatility' was only shown in one battle.
that's not really what I meant, yes he can scale to that sinse the post game champion can theoricaly have a fair fight against him, what I mean is, that joe raticate should downscale to that by a lot, sinse eeven trough joe can have a fighting chance don't mean is a 1 to 1, he should still be heavely inherior to lancer for exemple
It doesn't need to be a 1 to 1 for it to still be an upscale on an average fully evolved pokemon, though. Plus, again, not what the agreed justification is on the page itself.
even if we considere bowser only comparable to wild "random" pokemon sinse we only saw him fight uninportant traines, he him self states "I'm a big deal in this world" so we can probable assume he at least is comparable to more important pokemon masters with a bigger "lore" importance
That's a HUGE jump in assumption and gives a lot of benefit of doubt to a character who is confidently bragging. He's beaten characters we know nothing about and have no feats to work with, scaling him to any 'master' is extremely generous.

They are off-screen fights so we don't know much about the situation, plus agian, AP should be more comparable here VS. a no-name he stompped and didn't get to fight back. Bowser 'not needing versatility' was only shown in one battle.

It doesn't need to be a 1 to 1 for it to still be an upscale on an average fully evolved pokemon, though. Plus, again, not what the agreed justification is on the page itself.

That's a HUGE jump in assumption and gives a lot of benefit of doubt to a character who is confidently bragging. He's beaten characters we know nothing about and have no feats to work with, scaling him to any 'master' is extremely generous.
me, I would still give It to bowser

And that's fine, but I simply had issues with your reasoning and wanted them in the thread.
Sure, probable most people will agree with your reasons more, Still will keep my vote to bowser trough, the fact he is one shooting normal pokemons should keep him in a great AP advantage compared to joe raticate as I see It

Back