• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Power Level should be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. If i'm get this right, in the future if a character display the ability to both develop new hax/resistance and power level to overcome adversary at the same time we use Reactive Evolution (with description, scan, etc.....of course). However if character can only develop power level then we use Accelerated Development instead??

What if along with what Viet described there's also additional increases in skill, intelligence, speed; both in training and in combat.

Then we would mention AD and RE.

Skill, intelligence and speed are stats, so both pages (AD and what RE will say) already account for them.

In retrospective, I'll later propose that every power that deals with stats lists at the bottom everything that is considered a "stat", which again is pretty vague and versatile.

Eficiente, you are not supposed to delete random posts for disagreeing with you (although admittedly in a rather rude manner above) and then accuse them of trolling. Trolling is not the same thing as holding an annoyed tone in a post.

Anyway, everybody let's return to the main topic please.

What do other staff members think that we should do here?

Can you rq quote the comments we're meant to verify? Think there's been alot of derailment within the thread for us to pinpoint what "recent" is

I'm kinda confused, why are we resistant to just listing RPL as a sub-type of RE? It's a substantially easy fix and more in-line with what the power is, no? Accelerated Development is kinda not 1-to-1 it.

Well, as you can see in the quoted discussion between me and DontTalkDT, we have previously talked about incorporating Reactive Power Level into Accelerated Development. I just thought that we should mention the ability to grow stronger from receiving damage as a part of the RPL section of the AD page.

Reactive Evolution is a combination of Adaptation and Reactive Power Level, so I am not sure if we should start to mess up our wiki structure too much.

Yeah, I more or less agree with Antvasima's take and thought rewording how it works seems like a better idea than deleting it. But I also don't have the hardest opinions on the matter and don't really feel the need to repeat what me and others have said.

Yeah, I more or less agree with Antvasima's take and thought rewording how it works seems like a better idea than deleting it. But I also don't have the hardest opinions on the matter and don't really feel the need to repeat what me and others have said.
Yes, I think that we should either merge Reactive Power Level into Accelerated Development (with an addition regarding that certain characters with this ability grow stronger from receiving damage, as well as a redirect link), or reword the definitions for the Reactive Power Level page to make it more distinctive.

What if we merge Reactive Power Level and Adaption into Reactive Evolution instead since they're all the same ability and then categorize RE into the different types?

It seems too convoluted for my taste. Adaptation and Reactive Power Level are also very different things taken on their own.

That's currently not mentioned anywhere on the RPL page, though, so I'm not sure if that is consistent with how the power is currently used.
Engaging in combat would guarantee you'd receive some damage anyway.

Eficiente, you are not supposed to delete random posts for disagreeing with you (although admittedly in a rather rude manner above) and then accuse them of trolling. Trolling is not the same thing as holding an annoyed tone in a post.
It was neither for disagreeing, random or holding an annoyed tone, that is trolling.
  • I did a made up comparison saying that the training of a regular human makes them go from 1 to 1 but that a character with Battle AD or RPL may battle and have their growth go from 1 to 2, but this guy claims for no reason that only Battle AD does this while with RPL just goes "higher into 1". This is sheer nonsense, alternatively one could look aside and not judge it as anything.
  • He claims to have never said that training doesn't make one stronger when the comment I quoted from him has that in the first sentence.
  • Because of the latter he called what I said a strawman, which is not, he's just very confused.
  • He makes many claims alike that seem to clearly come out of a negative sentimentality rather than making any sense, like acknowledging that he might be wrong but chaotically proposing to remove Battle AD instead of RPL should that be the case.
-------------------
Rewording RPL holds all the issues pointed out before, if nobody is going to reply to them directly rather than just commenting how they want to reword the RPL page then they can just say so now and I will gather up all those points in a list so they can more easily see them and evaluate their position.

Engaging in combat would guarantee you'd receive some damage anyway.
Not always. Large stat gaps and stuff.
Although it can of course be hard to differentiate between getting stronger from combat and getting stronger from hits in many cases.

I did a made up comparison saying that the training of a regular human makes them go from 1 to 1 but that a character with Battle AD or RPL may battle and have their growth go from 1 to 2, but this guy claims for no reason that only Battle AD does this while with RPL just goes "higher into 1". This is sheer nonsense, alternatively one could look aside and not judge it as anything
I never said this. If you actually read what I told you the whole time i'm telling you RPL CAN go higher into one not WILL go higher into one. There's a specific difference and this is the second time you've yet to actually understand my argument.
He claims to have never said that training doesn't make one stronger when the comment I quoted from him has that in the first sentence.
Because I never said that. You claimed just regular fighting made you stronger and I told you that simply wasn't the case. You not wanting to admit you're objectively wrong doesn't give you a warrant to randomly delete my comment for "trolling".
Because of the latter he called what I said a strawman, which is not, he's just very confused.
it IS a strawman because you are putting words in my mouth to make a counterargument to my reasons as to why RPL shouldn't be removed.
He makes many claims alike that seem to clearly come out of a negative sentimentality rather than making any sense, like acknowledging that he might be wrong but chaotically proposing to remove Battle AD instead of RPL should that be the case.
I have been nothing but respectful to you regardless of the actual nonsense you say. You've said things that are just blatantly wrong and deleted my comment despite me addressing every single relevant point you have made on this thread. Your compromise doesn't make sense either since Battle AD already references RPL and changing anything is just a huge waste of time, and I also never said remove Battle AD. Stop just blatantly lying to make yourself seem better, Efi

Can any staff with time to evaluate this manner grab it away from this thread and put it somewhere else? I would love to elaborate but no pointless drama should be here.

Efi, drama spurs from pulling what you did earlier in this thread. This wiki isn't a dictatorship, yet your actions here would push that it is with blatant power abuse.

Regardless of addressing the other elephant in the room, I think either of Ant's suggestions below are fine, I've no preference for either or.
Yes, I think that we should either merge Reactive Power Level into Accelerated Development (with an addition regarding that certain characters with this ability grow stronger from receiving damage, as well as a redirect link), or reword the definitions for the Reactive Power Level page to make it more distinctive.

I want to talk about it and defend myself on the topic but I don't here because that clearly has nothing to do with this thread, I find as no surprise that you couldn't suppress your petty urge to point out what you think I did wrong, but it is pointless drama to do so and you shouldn't have done so. You could have make made the constructive decision to ask to be on whatever place the manner is talked about and comment your opinions and evaluations on it, this is sheer lack of care, as if the fact that there was drama means there is no other option but to throw in some more drama just because.

I came here, read through everything, and made my own assessment Efi, if there was a way to make the wiki look worse in people's eyes, this is it, I speak as someone who cares, not as a useless critique.

I wasn't planning to, I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter, unless this is actually a dictatorship, and I just didn't know

I wasn't planning to, I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter, unless this is actually a dictatorship, and I just didn't know
If dictatorship entails not turning this into the DaReaperMan’s Thoughts advice column in the middle of the CRT when you can use an HR report, or Eficiente’s message wall, or just y’know, not post since nothing you said right now is different from what other users said already and only serves to get a reaction out of him, man, dictators are hella overhated, aren’t they?

If you have an issue with a staff member’s conduct you’re nowhere close the victim of, please contact the people we’ve GIVEN POSITIONS for this EXACT job, and not derail threads further, thank you.

Any further discussion on this topic is irrelevant to thread and I will take action if it’s brought up. Let’s not turn this into a 5 page thread off of drama alone.

I agree regarding that the pointless derailing and drama should preferably stop now.

Anyway, would you be willing to try to evaluate the following posts and help us form some conclusions here please, @DontTalkDT ?

Other well-considered staff help in this regard is obviously also appreciated.

It's still negative to keep the page. None of my points were addressed should that be aimed but I can address those;
  • Keep RPL as part of what AD is with another wording means users will try to write different wordings to justify both things in a profile when they're the same. That's finding the hair in the egg.
  • Keep the "more and more capable over the course of a fight" can still mislead to mean "the combat skills grow too", and "can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or superior to them" can still mislead to "they can become as strong as their foe if they survive for a while rather (than a bit stronger under their own percentage of power)". Becoming as strong as your foe by surviving long enough being a DB thing.
  • Grow stronger from receiving damage in combat is also a DB thing applied on profiles while the page doesn't say this and nor does it fit the name of the power. If anyone would somehow rather apply this new made up thing to the page rather than deleting it then I do not know to tell them that's dumb. It's just Stats Amp with something that triggers it, but it can also be called AD or Empowerment. AD has room to everything RPL is and more due to the "Others" type, I would imagine one can also just not write any type at all and just say & show what can the characters do.
---
On Reactive Evolution, this is a better portrayal:

This meets 1 more purpose: It leads to use Adaptation if a character isn't confirmed to always grow powers/resistances and maybe only showed having once or in some few isolated cases in a long career grown new powers/resistances with no explanation or elaborate details about it.
Personally, I think this seems like a good solution.
Not sure what else to say.

I have problems quickly understanding what exactly that Eficiente suggested in the quoted post. Can somebody explain to me please?

I agree regarding that the pointless derailing and drama should preferably stop now.

Anyway, would you be willing to try to evaluate the following posts and help us form some conclusions here please, @DontTalkDT ?

Other well-considered staff help in this regard is obviously also appreciated.
There is this as well.

Couldn't this power just be moved to Accelerated Development and be listed as a sub-power of it?

Couldn't this power just be moved to Accelerated Development and be listed as a sub-power of it?
Yee but Eficiente said this
It's still negative to keep the page. None of my points were addressed should that be aimed but I can address those;
  • Keep RPL as part of what AD is with another wording means users will try to write different wordings to justify both things in a profile when they're the same. That's finding the hair in the egg.
  • Keep the "more and more capable over the course of a fight" can still mislead to mean "the combat skills grow too", and "can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or superior to them" can still mislead to "they can become as strong as their foe if they survive for a while rather (than a bit stronger under their own percentage of power)". Becoming as strong as your foe by surviving long enough being a DB thing.
  • Grow stronger from receiving damage in combat is also a DB thing applied on profiles while the page doesn't say this and nor does it fit the name of the power. If anyone would somehow rather apply this new made up thing to the page rather than deleting it then I do not know to tell them that's dumb. It's just Stats Amp with something that triggers it, but it can also be called AD or Empowerment. AD has room to everything RPL is and more due to the "Others" type, I would imagine one can also just not write any type at all and just say & show what can the characters do.
---
On Reactive Evolution, this is a better portrayal:

This meets 1 more purpose: It leads to use Adaptation if a character isn't confirmed to always grow powers/resistances and maybe only showed having once or in some few isolated cases in a long career grown new powers/resistances with no explanation or elaborate details about it.
I personally disagree with some of the points and I don't agree it being just a DB thing at all but I don't wanna debate this anymore as I just personally haven't seen any reason to remove the RPL and that's it

I personally also do not mind if we keep the page, but it depends on what DontTalk and the other staff members here think as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back