• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Remove Your Limits! (Willpower and The Limiter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There exist Tier 9 characters with statements like that so it's still a stretch. Nothing against maybe getting a 3-A rating eventually if there are feats and/or statements more grounded. But a simple "Has no known limit to getting stronger" is not enough to just blindly give out 3-A ratings.
The statement can't be more explicit. As I said, it's not a hyperbole that Saitama has infinite potential.

but if I'm not mistaken you put me luffy low 5b without there being any statements, declarations or undertakings that lead us to assume this even from the anime I'll throw this example out there
No.

Luffy gets his time 5 rating via feats and scaling. There's literally no comparison to be made here, Garou's stuff is from statements that really have no backing and Luffy gets his tiering from a feat that's backed up.

Furthermore, Dark Dragon doesn't even power scale One Piece so that's irrelevant. I'm fine with Saitama having no "limits" (to a certain degree, dude obviously still has limits outside of his own verse.) but the fact that Garou couldn't keep up with Saitama is evident of his copying not being limitless. If he could could things without limits then copying Saitama wouldn't be an issue. If something is astronomically above Garou or grows to a similar / faster rate then his copying is rendered null.

Also wouldn't the entire "no limits" grant Saitama infinite stamina since he has no "limits."

Also wouldn't the entire "no limits" grant Saitama infinite stamina since he has no "limits."
It refers all of Saitama's physical stats. It's weird to limit the statement of removing the limiter to only stamina.

Edit: Nvm, I got you wrong. I don't know if Saitama has infinite stamina or not.

From what I'm getting from your statement (the grammar is kinda meh), that's a complete false equivalence, and also Whataboutism
I just put this example to make it clear that sometimes there are contradictions of this kind as far as I'm concerned that's all, little example off topic and that's the end of it. Unfortunately I am not as good at writing in English as I am at speaking it since I am Dominican. I hope for your understanding

The statement can't be more explicit. As I said, it's not a hyperbole that Saitama has infinite potential.
He definitely doesn’t have infinite potential. That would imply he can copy up to High 3-A shit, whenever the OP is suggesting a finite tier like 3-A.

I can see up to 3-A for Saitama but I hard disagree with him being able to reach infinity. He can break limits up to a finite level, but his growth clearly isn't "infinite"

Indefinite =/= infinite. Indefinite is something that goes on without knowing when it'll end. Infinity is outright having no end.

But even after copying he never demonstrates the same level of increase that he did before.
How do we know that though? He only faces against Saitama who has even better growth. They might very well be the strongest 3-A characters in the wiki at the end of the fight and we wouldn't know. He had milestones to demonstrate his strength but there is no such thing at this point.
The graph hurts Garou because he see the previous line. It shows that even before the graph started they were mostly equal, meaning that after he copied a serious Saitama there was no notable strength increase for him.
I am not sure if I understand your argument correctly, but if I do, then you are contradicting yourself. You were talking about how Garou can't close the gap between 4-C and 4-A. Now you are talking about how there is no notable growth. It would mean you are arguing for 4-A Garou before copying Saitama's full strength.

If what you meant was the growth that started after copying, then it is back to square one. Garou wasn't being pushed and the graph was the absolute minimum.
The main issue is because he's a Divine Avatar. Breaking your limiter is going against God, something this Garou just can't do really.
I mean, isn't that the exact reason why Garou can grow indefinitely? God can take his powers back anytime so he would have no concern about Garou. God might very well remove it himself.

Besides, what I am arguing for is less about breaking the limiters and more about the growth rate because of 3-A stuff as Saitama simply upscales from Garou's growth speed. That said, he would also upscale from Monster Garou so this discussion is technically pointless but anyway.

He definitely doesn’t have infinite potential. That would imply he can copy up to High 3-A shit, whenever the OP is suggesting a finite tier like 3-A.

I can see up to 3-A for Saitama but I hard disagree with him being able to reach infinity. He can break limits up to a finite level, but his growth clearly isn't "infinite"

Indefinite =/= infinite. Indefinite is something that goes on without knowing when it'll end. Infinity is outright having no end.
I mean the point of removing the limiter is that he has infinite potential to grow or no? Maybe we are interpreting that statement differently. Are you saying he still has limits after his "limit" was removed?

I agree with this thread, though I do have some suggestions.

For one, I don't think we should add explicit ratings in their tiering. Saitama and Garou may be able to grow/copy up to 3-A, however, they have never shown that degree of power, thus I do not think we can add a "tier" for that. I don't really think it works like that.

I think the better idea would just be to say something more vague like "potentially far higher with Accelerated Development" and define all the specific details of Saitama and Garou's limitless growth.

As for Garou's copying. It can just remain as "Varies." The same as something like Ditto. Though it can also have an explanation that explains that he doesn't have a finite cap on what we can copy.

Also, people seem to be misunderstanding what "Limitless" and "Infinite" potential mean. It doesn't mean that Saitama/Garou can grow to Infinity, and I don't think anyone is arguing that. It just means that their potential growth doesn't have a finite cap or limit, and can extend upwards forever. Similar to an exponential function that's graphed, the only real limitation on how high they can go is the amount of time they have to grow.

Another misconception is that Garou was unable to copy Saitama because he was too powerful. This is not the case. What actually happened was that Garou's copying was unable to keep pace with Saitama's evolution. He was falling behind, as in, in time, rather than in strength. Saitama grew so fast that he could no longer copy him fast enough to keep up.

We can actually see on the graph that Garou's growth is pretty much the same as Saitama's but with a slight delay. It has the same curve and rate of growth, but is slightly off-put on the x-axis, which is supporting evidence for what Garou was saying there. I also highly, highly doubt that Garou, who has knowledge of all energy, was prepared to go into a limitless copying evolution battle without knowing he had some arbitrary copying limitation that'd leave him capped out at some certain level. That wouldn't make much sense.

I mean the point of removing the limiter is that he has infinite potential to grow or no? Maybe we are interpreting that statement differently. Are you saying he still has limits after his "limit" was removed?
Exactly what I'm saying. I wouldn't say he can copy 4-D shit even with having his "limits" removed.

I'd try to word it in a way that makes it seem like he hasn't broken his limits to an R>F degree or him being able to copy higher Dimensional stuff. He still has limits, those limitations being anything higher D in nature, conceptual, etc.

They still do have limits, using that statement to make it seem like they don't have limits whatsoever is flimsy.

Exactly what I'm saying. I wouldn't say he can copy 4-D shit even with having his "limits" removed.

I'd try to word it in a way that makes it seem like he hasn't broken his limits to an R>F degree or him being able to copy higher Dimensional stuff. He still has limits, those limitations being anything higher D in nature, conceptual, etc.

They still do have limits, using that statement to make it seem like they don't have limits whatsoever is flimsy.
Of course yeah, higher D is out of the question. That's why we are just talking about 3D power here.

My main problem is that we never got to see how Garou's mimicry powers would behave when facing, for example, a 3-A character head on, literally anything we say here would have some level of arbitraction involved. So, listing a solid 3-A rating without actually having a feat at that level or some sort of scaling or number seems wrong, we could leave it as "Far Higher" and place their "limit" (For VS Threads purposes), whatever it may be, on their notes section or maybe their battle strategy (which some profiles have)

Actually, it's called "standard tactics", Geralt's profile has one

We could make one for Garou and Saitama and place there the accepted rules for their powers and how they shall be used on VS Threads

How do we know that though? He only faces against Saitama who has even better growth.
Because his growth in the chart only happens because he copied Saitama and not through his own development.

You were talking about how Garou can't close the gap between 4-C and 4-A.
I was saying his AD couldn't close the gap between those tiers and afterwards when he does get stronger is remarkably less than it was before.

mean, isn't that the exact reason why Garou can grow indefinitely? God can take his powers back anytime so he would have no concern about Garou. God might very well remove it himself.
Why would God remove his own limiter? Saitama is called someone who's fist turned against God because he unknowingly broke his limiter. God put it on everyone for a reason and seemingly doesn't like it being removed.
Yeah, we can all agree with not mentioning 3-A in their tiering.
Just put it in the notes section for vs debates and it should be good.

IMO Garou could copy Saitama limitlessly. The only reason he lost was because he couldn't keep up with rate of how fast Saitama grew while fighting him, especially when Saitama was throwing hundreds of punches his way. Garou just got overwhelmed by his growth and punches
main-qimg-d07ffa4e394fcc17c4489fbc2ebffdd2

Seeing people getting clowned on for being loud and wrong outside of this site has become pretty normal for me. How you all handle a person like that here is almost too kind, I guess that rvr thing is too powerful here eh...

Anyway I agree as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back