• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Power Level should be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactive Power Level used to be just a limited version of Reactive Evolution, but a page was made later, and Accelerated Development was made by DontTalkDT well after Reactive Power Level was made; I think that should give a reminder of how things were.

What about characters like Ungrim? Who's properties as a Slayer means his AP is always going to comparable to his opponent automatically if they are stronger than him, it's not him growing stronger over time, he is just automatically strong enough to do damage( this doesn't affect his other stats just his ap in this very specific way)

What about characters like Ungrim? Who's properties as a Slayer means his AP is always going to comparable to his opponent automatically if they are stronger than him, it's not him growing stronger over time, he is just automatically strong enough to do damage( this doesn't affect his other stats just his ap in this very specific way)
that's not RPL, seems more like a form of power modification /statics amplification

I moved this trhead to our staff forum, where all threads regarding official wiki policy changes, such as this one, should always be placed.

Anyway, as others here have said, reactive power level is the ability to grow stronger through taking damage during combat or via exerting oneself in battle situations, so it isn't quite the same thing as accelerated development, i.e. growing stronger much quicker than normal via training and experience, but if RPL is already mentioned as a sub-type in the AD page, I don't particularly mind if somebody expands on the information in that section while mentioning the Reactive Power Level title, and we turn the old page into a redirect link. That way all of the characters that currently have the power listed can keep it, and we don't have to engage in a very time-consuming revision project.

Last edited:
I agree with the deletion. Already advertised for that when the reactive power level page was made. (or, to be specific, I advertised for reactive power level to be created as accelerated development but people didn't want that for some reason)

Personally I think it's better incorporated into AD than into RE.

I agree with the deletion. Already advertised for that when the reactive power level page was made. (or, to be specific, I advertised for reactive power level to be created as accelerated development but people didn't want that for some reason)

Personally I think it's better incorporated into AD than into RE.
Do you find my suggested solution above acceptable?

Okay. That seems like a fine solution to me as well, combined with expanding the section explanation text and turning the deleted page into a redirect link.

I'm fine with the pages being merged if it's expanded upon in the merged page and a redirect link is made.
While they are distinct powers, that distinction doesn't seem large enough to warrant entirely separate pages when subsets would do the trick.

As long as that part gets more expansion, I'm all in for it, I suppose.
So, to keep within the format of AD but to incorporate what is on the RPL page, maybe:
Reactive Power Level: The character's capabilities increase faster than normal by engaging in combat. They hence become more and more capable over the course of a fight and can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or superior to them.

Well, if I remember correctly, they mainly grow stronger from receiving damage in combat, so that probably needs to be mentioned as well.

Well, if I remember correctly, they mainly grow stronger from receiving damage in combat, so that probably needs to be mentioned as well.
That's currently not mentioned anywhere on the RPL page, though, so I'm not sure if that is consistent with how the power is currently used.

Because to be honest, i don't care much with this that why i'm neutral, it could be keep or remove and i'm fine with both. And beside, this matter mostly will be decided by staffs..........
I figured, and I know that you know that in a way this is fine & good, which I agree to, but please understand that, in another way, this level of disingenuousness and lack of care for what should be done & is good for the wiki is not welcomed. Staff don't randomly decide this because they have the word staff associated to them and that maybe means something, they're far more likely to not argue based on feelings like that and evaluate what's going on.
Isn't Reactive Power Level a boost in power in response to being struck by a stronger opponent? This isn't what Accelerated Development is.

Although, I am not against merging RPL with Reactive Evo since it's essentially the same thing without the mutations.
It seems different people have different perceptions of what the power is, which is actually very common with our page regardless of what they say. As I said before; It maybe makes you reach the level of stronger foes based on its wording, but not due to being struck of all things. You can very much say this is a development-thing and list it as Accelerated Development, or simply as Stats Amp.

Reactive Evo is to grow superpowers with maybe some Adaptation.
I would personally disagree with removing reactive power lvl

Accelerate development is for example when 2 boxers that are equal are training for a fight with the same amount of training but one of them has Accelerated development making them 2x stronger/better than his other opponent in the match, the other boxer has reactive power lvl, he will be able to overcome that 2x advantage from the heat of the match

It's quite different, accelerated development is you learning/growing faster than others while reactive power lvl you are growing in stats just from a battle and being forced to be serious/going all out which will unlock your limits which you can't do from just training

That's how I see it
That's wrong, as the OP leads to and another user already said, AD has a type in which only combat triggers it, it being all the same as RPL to the point where it asks to use that power instead if a character only has that. You too argued based on your perception of the powers rather than what they state.
Similar to Time Stop is a specific type of Time Manipulation.....
Then we should also nuke Empowerment, Awakended Power too....
I would have wished you to notice that you were wrong in your former comment but this was annoying. You argue based on feelings and on a topic you admitted to don't care about, no wonder you're going to have a bias on how you want things to be. You should have easily concluded to no longer comment in the thread and just watch.

The first comment quoted says something wrong for a bunch of reasons that would take too much time to go through and the second is just a false equivalence immensely obvious.

I know this is a staff thread now, but potential sub-text can always be missed and it's important to show what was done wrong & shouldn't be done to everyone watching.
The difference between Battle AD and RPL is that Battle AD is specific in the sense that you get more benefits during battle than normal training, and the problem with this revision is that RPL isn't the same as it can vary, and you can gain the same about of benefits while battling like you would during training
So RPL isn't inherently the same as battle AD
Written by a friend without vbwiki account not me
This is wrong, there is nothing RPL has that the wording in AD would outright unable it to have and list as AD.
Taking it at face value then that's Empowerment.

This is wrong, there is nothing RPL has that the wording in AD would outright unable it to have and list as AD.
You didn't read the page. Read AD. There are specific types and Battle AD SPECIFICALLY says that the benefits you get from this type of AD are MORE than normal training. RPL is vaguer as it doesn't have to be MORE it can just be smaller incremental boost in strength. Without RPL, there is no hax to cover that ladder half of the spectrum.

No, "normal training" in this context can be training with no AD/no superpowers to it, so AD and RPL are doing the same. It's not like RPL fears a regular human training matching the grows in power it can give to users in battle.

So, to keep within the format of AD but to incorporate what is on the RPL page, maybe: Reactive Power Level: The character's capabilities increase faster than normal by engaging in combat. They hence become more and more capable over the course of a fight and can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or superior to them.
I would be fine with the option.

No, "normal training" in this context can be training with no AD/no superpowers to it, so AD and RPL are doing the same. It's not like RPL fears a regular human training matching the grows in power it can give to users in battle.
Yeah, that's the point. Battle AD specifies "regular" training and AD progresses more than that during battle. RPL literally isn't the same bc it doesn't specify any of that making it much more vague so it can progress you during battle but less beneficial than just conventional training. Read the pages.

Yeah, that's the point. Battle AD specifies "regular" training and AD progresses more than that during battle. RPL literally isn't the same bc it doesn't specify any of that making it much more vague so it can progress you during battle but less beneficial than just conventional training. Read the pages.
If you battle someone and you make less progress than a normal person doing the same battle (i.e. same training) then you have neither of the powers. You have a weakness that makes you grow extra slowly.
To have a superpower you need to be better at the thing you're doing than the average person.

@Eficiente Huh, what the hell, can you stop that kind of attitude, acting all high and mighty because you are staff and think you are btter than everyone else???. I just had some light comment with Confluctor, and write some of my opinion to reply to Sir Oven comment, and you return and attacking all of my comment??. Are you sure you are not comment based on your feeling???. If you don't want me to comment, it is fine, just say normal to me, if you find something from me annoying just say it normally, and i'm sorry for that, if you find my opinion on the matter is wrong, just make a normal counter-arguments, that simple, but why all the lengthy reply and over-sentimental comment???

Okay. That seems like a fine solution to me as well, combined with expanding the section explanation text and turning the deleted page into a redirect link.
Well, after the revison done, you can call me to help removing RPL on DBH profiles and re-organize those parts due to them being open because of Micah revision, not many profiles but it will lessen your work. Most of RPL are on Dragon Ball profile anyway but they are currently being locked so i will work on what was already opened

I can dismiss most of that to not derail the thread, which you shouldn't have talked about here, but to claim that I said that because I'm a staff and because I think himself as better than everyone else crosses the line, I in no way implied that and it follows made up stereotypes madmen follow to cause chaos and oppress.

Last edited:
I am against merging RPL into AD. Some characters grow stronger naturally while performing the same routines as other characters. In reality we call that being gifted, but on paper that's Accelerated Development.

You don't need to be in a combat setting to develop way faster than your opponent/everyone else. It also doesn't have to be limited to power level. I know characters that grow older faster than normal humans and I list that as AD because with age comes greater physical strength.

RPL on the other hand, is growing stronger in response to a combat situation. That's textbook Reactive Evolution. If evolving to overcome an unfavourable situation is RE, then I'm pretty sure getting beaten up is an unfavourable situation and getting stronger as a result is RE.

The way it's written with "grows" here and there it seems to imply AD, and it makes no emphasis on what evolution is. I don't have an issue with Reative Evolution having grows in powers as a potential part of it, as it is intuitive by its name, but only as long as the other requirements are met.

"Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, evolve in ways the user previously lacked. This allowing them to be better capable of dealing with said issues faced, and this evolution can come in the following ways:
  • Developing new powers or abilities
  • Developing new resistances
  • Developing on stats. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy."
Rough example.

I find the difference between evolving and developing stats to be arbitrary. Evolution doesn't need dedicated opposition to adapt against. You can evolve against smallest of adversities or just grow stronger passively.

Although, how much you grow may depend on circumstances.

I am against merging RPL into AD. Some characters grow stronger naturally while performing the same routines as other characters. In reality we call that being gifted, but on paper that's Accelerated Development.

You don't need to be in a combat setting to develop way faster than your opponent/everyone else. It also doesn't have to be limited to power level. I know characters that grow older faster than normal humans and I list that as AD because with age comes greater physical strength.

RPL on the other hand, is growing stronger in response to a combat situation. That's textbook Reactive Evolution. If evolving to overcome an unfavourable situation is RE, then I'm pretty sure getting beaten up is an unfavourable situation and getting stronger as a result is RE.
agree with this, to make an example there is this character that when fighting he becomes stronger, but only and excetuvely when fighting,

I find the difference between evolving and developing stats to be arbitrary. Evolution doesn't need dedicated opposition to adapt against. You can evolve against smallest of adversities or just grow stronger passively.

Although, how much you grow may depend on circumstances.
It's more so the "reactive" part. Reactive insinuates a response to something, which is not what AD is.

Some characters grow stronger naturally while performing the same routines as other characters. In reality we call that being gifted, but on paper that's Accelerated Development.
I don't understand the point of the first paragraph.

agree with this, to make an example there is this character that when fighting he becomes stronger, but only and excetuvely when fighting,

It has been pointed out many times that AD even has a type for combat, that even asks to use RPL when a character only has that. There is literally no difference between using that type or RPL, you aren't arguing semantics, you're just wrong. AD doesn't even need that type, if a user gets creative and uses the "Others" type then that works just as well and you don't need a whole new power.

As said in the comment above, the point of Reactive Evolution should be what makes it unique while sticking to what it means.

What I seem to get from the first paragraph in Sir Ovens' comment, the last part quoted here and his last comment, is that he takes abilities from what they sound rather than their practicality on the wiki, which is wrong. There are many powers out there that at face value are things humans can already do, the point is that they need to happen in a superhuman way. So why aren't RPL and AD the same? They are the same.

Development is "reacting" to stimulation during training or "reacting" to things in mundane life in passive development.
Like at that point it's all different perspective as far as naming the phenomenon.

Putting stat evolution in battle part in AD doesn't hurt. It's just shifting the stuff into one page.

You can just mention that on Characters page what kinds of stat development they have.

For example,
Accelerated Development( Statistical, Skill, Intelligence via Passive, Training, Battle):- Proof; Reactive Evolution( Yada Yada Hax, Yada Yada Resistance):- Proof;

You just mention AD(Battle) and call it a day in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back