• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 3 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chapter every day or two is already pretty fast and quite frankly asking for it to be any faster is impossible, translating is a hard work, i am just satisfied that we are getting any translations at all, though i wouldn't mind getting even 3 chapters a day but it's not possible i heard it takes chicken like a good 7-14 hours just for one chapter.

I am more interested in how the story plays out of course but i also like seeing feats.

Dude it's parts not chapters it took him 6 parts to finish the epilogue which is entier week and that is assuming he drop new part everyday

Yeah of course asking the man to be faster is impossible and he's doing it for free in the first place Which is why we need whole group working on this

I realized this before you posted it lol, i was referring to the daily updates he took a week to do the epilogue but the parts updated everyday.

Yea we need a massive group of people to come together and work on it, arc 4 is a ridiculous project for one person to take on by themselves, instead of multiple translators doing their own thing they should all put their efforts in one place.

Then don't call it "chapters " Pegasus =___=

pretty much what you said he already have another person working on ch 2 arc 4

'I can no longer endure a single one day without the thought of you by my side

I wonder how tappei can be so much sadistic and write heavy romance shit at the same time @_@

As he said he knows how people react in different situations and how to break them, he is a true ****** that understands how to portray real emotions.

Well lets hope he will let go of his sadistic side When we deal with Ley , i want the 103 bones Treatment from TG or the twisted treatment from the sloth boy

You already know what i have to say to that so i am not gonna restate it again if you want it you can argue with the others about it.

So, what is the reasoning for MHS+ Subaru? Considering that most of the characters here seem to sit in the Supersonic to Hypersonic range, MHS+ Subaru is likely an outlier, or incorrect.

Does Subaru have any lightning dodging feats by any chance?

it just meme i bring every now and then Because subaru reacts faster than reinhard who is listed as MHS in his base form Becasue we believe "or pegasus at least " that he is superior to shaula though that wasn't stated anywhere

ZERO7772 said:
that he is superior to shaula though that wasn't stated anywhere
Subaru: Did you kill Reid, Shaula?

Shaula: Omfg for the love of god don't even utter his name

Translated ' Reid ragdolls Shaula around with one hand nine out of ten times '

Author: Yesh, Reinhard is the strongest Sword Saint evah

Reinhard is likely a casual lightning dodger anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4svky9/minor_rezero_spoilera_brief_description_of_just/

Blessing of lightning: will not be hit by lightning

Reinhard with Reid > Reid

we're talking about base reinahrd who doesn't use his sword who is listed as MHS

ZERO7772 said:
Reinhard with Reid > Reid
we're talking about base reinahrd who doesn't use his sword who is listed as MHS

Reid can't use Reid against Shaula.

Base Reinhard > Base Reid

Reid Reinhard > Reid Reid

They are both the same.

This is the same when you throw knife at him it won't hit anyway even if he stand by his place it wasn't said light doesn't hit becasue he move at MHS speed

Was it stated he didn't use his sword ? i don't remember that line i only remember she forced him to use both of his hands every 10 hits if you bring the line then it's cool

ZERO7772 said:
This is the same when you throw knife at him it won't hit anyway even if he stand by his place it wasn't said light doesn't hit becasue he move at MHS speed
Was it stated he didn't use his sword ? i don't remember that line i only remember she forced him to use both of his hands every 10 hits

He dodges in the Manga with the Arrow Avoidance.

Reinhard Arrow Avoidance

Take note that the Anime is easier to draw the character standing still. Anyway we already went over the reasons why Manga is a bit more reliable for calcing combat feats (less time pressure/cost to animate stuff & more violence).

Reid can't use Reid to bully people. Especially when he's doing it very casually to 'weaklings'. It's a sword that's explicitly stated can be drawn only if it is truly needed and there is an urgent desire for the Sword Saint to wield it.

All of the time Reinhard fought in RZ was spent with a normal sword or bare-handed. The only time he used Reid was against another ex-Sword Saint.

We already talked about this more than a month ago. Given the fact that all of the feats for Sword Saints were performed with a normal sword - every single one - we assume that the Sword Saint is fighting normally unless it's explicitly stated that he drew Reid (only once ever in the whole story).

Reinhard with Reid has Unknown speed.

Take note that the Anime is easier to draw the character standing still. Anyway we already went over the reasons why Manga is a bit more reliable for calcing combat feats (less time pressure/cost to animate stuff & more violence).

It doesn't make sense for him to even doge as it's literally wrie Arrow Avoidance : he cannot be hit by projectiles , you're just you're taking the manga because it's fit what you're saying as in the anime reinhard was just standing and the knife did miss anyway which fit perfectly with what was stated in the LN

Reid can't use Reid to bully people. Especially when he's doing it very casually to 'weaklings'. It's a sword that's explicitly stated can be drawn only if it is truly needed and there is an urgent desire for the Sword Saint to wield it.

Yeah just like how Reinhard one shout the ex sword saint who didn't even had Reid to rival him then base Thearesia > base reinahed you can give her MHS as well
We already talked abouts this more than a month ago. Given the fact that all of the feats for Sword Saints were performed with a normal sword - every single one - we assume that the Sword Saint is fighting normally unless it's explicitly stated that he drew Reid (only once ever in the whole story).

You took all the feats from sword saint without Reid doesn't change anything it's just mean they are that OP without reid We only saw Reinhard "who is too OP doesn't need reid most of the time " and Thearesia who didn't need her sword even againts Wilhelm she didn't use Reid not hax we never saw her going all out

We bearly know anything about Reid and you calling "Shaula " weakling no comment on that just becasue he did overpower her you gone and assumed he wrecked her without his sword when that wasn\t stated it's just assumption of yours , just bring me one line where it's said he did wreck her without her sword and it's all cool

Yes. Just like Reinhard doesn't need to parry any of Elsa's attacks at all because DP simply says 'all initial attacks and all succeeding attacks miss him'. That's NLF.

Tell me why he parries Elsa's attacks, in the LN and in the Anime, if he can just stand still as per DP and still not get hit.

But we don't need to associate lightning dodging to Reinhard anyway, for 2 reasons: 1) we are soon to find out how he interacts with lightning one way or another 2) There are much higher feats available, contingent only upon the pace of translation, to scale that makes the comparison irrelevant.

Give me 1 proof that Reid used Reid when fighting Shaula. Not the other way around. Sword Saints use base sword or bare hand 99.99% of the time, consistently throughout the story, unless proven otherwise.

We know Base Reinhard > Base Theresia because the author already gave a direct comparison of the two's power gaps.

Yeah if we take all reinhard ability lisk then it's comptel joke

Tell me why he parries Elsa's attacks, in the LN and in the Anime, if he can just stand still as per DP and still not get hit.

Tell my why i should take the manga over tha anime When the anime stayed more faithful to the LN lets be honset you took the manga becasue it's support and i would take the anime becasue it's support me this is going no where you prove nothing .....

But we don't need to associate lightning dodging to Reinhard anyway, for 2 reasons: 1) we are soon to find out how he interacts with lightning on way or another 2) There are much higher feats available, contingent only upon the pace of translation, to scale that makes the comparison irrelevant.

1-You just said reinhard ability is NLF and now you're assuming he can doge lighting and that wasn't stated anywhere

2-That comes later i have no problem if we can prove that with actual line

Give me 1 proof that Reid used Reid when fighting Shaula. Not the other way around. Sword Saints use base sword or bare hand 99.99% of the time, consistently throughout the story, unless proven otherwise.

Reinhard is listed as MHS based on that he is superior to base Reid who is superior to shaula and i am telling you to prove it to me with actual line from WN which you didn't , you're the one who must give proof not me

You stick to "sword saints draw reid only if they need it " but you can't explain Reinhard VS Thersita When it was clear she was outclassed in every way she didn't even had reid and was having trouble against Wilhelm and Reinhard drew Reid on her and reinhard is leags above Wilhelm even in his base

1) It avoids the NLF problem which assumes that Reinhard dodges every projectile no matter the speed while standing still. This is a false assumption in a debate involving VS between multiverses.

You don't get the point. We can't NLF Reinhard's DP mechanic in VSBattles. We can only scale the DP to the fastest projectile it is shown able to resist in the RZ universe - in this case, so far Shaula's MHS projectile, that the DP is actively reacting to when Shaula and Reid fights. Above this speed we don't know yet if the DP works or not against the faster projectile.

It is also consistent with the fact that Reinhard is making an active and visible effort to parry Elsa's attacks every time. Reinhard's attack-missing DP so far scales only to the fastest attack performed inside RZVerse.

And no, the LN is not as descriptive on Arrow Avoidance as you might think. It made a 3-word sentence on Elsa's knife missing Reinhard. In fact it was already mentioned that the kukri was broken into a misshapen shape upon impact with Subaru's giant bat, and did not explain at all how it missed.

2) Reinhard can draw Reid against Theresia because he doesn't know yet how strong Theresia is. And it's irrelevant anyway because Base Reinhard already has High Hypersonic that's above Base Theresia's Hypersonic+. Base Reinhard is clearly stronger than Base Theresia by a wide margin.

Reid, on the other hand, knows exactly how strong Shaula is. Shaula is like a girl next door to him who he can undress any time he wants if he wants to.

I don't say Reinhard is a lightning dodger right now; however it's a matter of time until we are shown how the DP works, since DP says it misses him, rather than that he's undamaged when he is hit. It can swing either way because Reinhard is still deflecting or dodging attacks coming towards him despite his NLF DP, he never stands still during a fight (except potentially against some attacks that I haven't seen yet). And again physical lightning is slower than some of Shaula's alternative attacks who we will see more feats of. We don't even need to attribute lightning dodge to his reactions.

1) It avoids the NLF problem which assumes that Reinhard dodges every projectile no matter the speed while standing still. This is a false assumption in a debate involving VS between multiverses.

Now that doesn't support your point just because Reinhard power is NFL doesn't mean you can go explain it the way you like there nothing proof his ability grant him the ability to dodge everything

You don't get the point. We can't NLF Reinhard's DP mechanic in VSBattles. We can only scale the DP to the fastest projectile it is shown able to resist in the RZ universe - in this case, so far Shaula's MHS projectile, that the DP is actively reacting to when Shaula and Reid fights. Above this speed we don't know yet if the DP works or not against the faster projectile.

Aagian that does not' apply to base Reinhard he never doged or resisted lighting in his base from what we know why are assuming he can now ? there huge difference between mere throwing knife and MHS attacks and Reinahed should be way faster with Reid are you gonna say reid grant him just more AP ?

It is also consistent with the fact that Reinhard is making an active and visible effort to parry Elsa's attacks every time. Reinhard's attack-missing DP so far scales only to the fastest attack performed inside RZVerse.

and again you're comparing Shaula's attack to Elsa and i don't know why you're taking this outside Re:Zero we're talking within the verse

in Reinahrd profile it's said this : Note: Reinhard's blessings don't make him unbeatable, stronger blessings can beat weaker blessings so logically stronger abilities than his can also get pass his blessings.

Reinhard blessings doesn't apply to everything in Re:Zero verse like you're saying so just becasue he can doge mere knaif doesn't mean he can doge MHS attack in his base

And no, the LN is not as descriptive on Arrow Avoidance as you might think. It made a 3-word sentence on Elsa's knife missing Reinhard. In fact it was already mentioned that the kukri was broken into a misshapen shape upon impact with Subaru's giant bat, and did not explain at all how it missed.

Reinhard have ability to make projectile miss him why should i ignore that and give explanation from my head ? you can just take that as the blessings change the direction of the projectile Which is the closer to what is written rather than saying "it's give the ability to doge absolutely everything in the verse " and saying "This is a false assumption in a debate involving VS between multiverse" i already know about that \

2) Reinhard can draw Reid against Theresia because he doesn't know yet how strong Theresia is. And it's irrelevant anyway because Base Reinhard already has High Hypersonic that's above Base Theresia's Hypersonic+. Base Reinhard is clearly stronger than Base Theresia by a wide margin.

You were saying one can't draw Reid if the opponents is not truly worthy but reinhard draw it anyway on Theresia Because he thought she was worthy lets go by that , which mean he can draw it whaever he like he just won't do it + Theresia didn't had Reid but he drew one on her if he really wanted fair match he would fought her without it , Reinhard should also knows Exactly how strong she is considering Wilhelm was able to stand to her , show it's up to the sword saint himself to whatever draw Reid or not so it's personality trait , He most likely finished her with Reid out of respect

Reid, on the other hand, knows exactly how strong Shaula is. Shaula is like a girl next door to him who he can undress any time he wants if he wants to

as i answered before it's up to the sword saint himself to whatever draw Reid or not was Reid Extremely honorable and draw his sword only at extreme time ? You're really downplaying Shaula and this whole thing is vague Because we don't have legit transition to the whole scene where she talk about Reid so we can prove nothing

I don't say Reinhard is a lightning dodger right now

Then this whole discussion is pointless we don't need assumption Until we have actual feat

Btw there something i want to ask Shaula attack speed is MHS but how does that apply to combat speed ?

The Whole disscusion is going no where Meh pointless i just wanted my MHS Subaru ......

It is not combat speed. It is reaction speed.

Theresia and Reinhard have combat speed with actual calc that numerically tell how fast their swords are moving in combat.

1) It is clear that the DP doesn't allow Reinhard to dodge every attack without moving at all. He is directly parrying Elsa's attacks, and this is shown more when he is fighting Sirius who fights with a ranged weapon, etc. How the DP applies is circumstantial and not at all uniform.

2) I am not assuming anything. What I said is that it is likely for Reinhard to become a lightning dodger in the future (and allow Subaru to become MHS+ as well *rolls eyes*), because I can observe with more clarity how those DPs are being applied in combat. I don't have to prove this because the mechanics of the DP will be written down and there will be no actual calc involved when there's no visual to get a numerical measurement. It purely depends on when Tappei decides to insert a naturally consistent lightning.

A single statement that Reinhard dodged lightning from thunderstorms while in motion, after corroborating that it's a weather effect for consistency, and he's already a lightning dodger. He can get hit with any number of lightning attacks - dozens, hundreds, or even more - over the next few years, and a single word that shows he made any movement in reaction to an approaching lightning, and it already appiles.

It's you who read my statement wrong in the first place.

And again, it's likely that such feats will be superceded by other feats. For example, simply by working with Julius' statement instead that Shaula's attack was 'several tens of kilometers' rather than 'ten kilometers' stated by Subaru (who was relying on Julius' measurement himself), already gives different results for Reid's reaction speed. Just 20 kilometers for 'several tens of kilometers' after comparing the two's statements, and we already have Mach 583 with a ranged value.

It's still slower than a real-life lightning, but Mach 1000 is enough to bring someone to MHS+. We don't actually need to rely on lightning.

3) Reinhard can react to Shaula's attacks because Reid already does.

4) You have no proof that Reid is using Reid when he is reacting to Shaula. In addition, any indirect circumstantial evidence we can examine is in fact already stacked against the presumption that he has used Reid.

At worst it changes to 'Likely MHS' and that's it.

All this bullshit happened because you wanted MHS+ for Subaru anyway, which is not useful at all to the Re:Zero profile project. It was pointless before it even started.

Seeing the members Getting triggered on MHS+ Subaru is always fun to see i though that work only on Pegasus xDDD

Chill heinkel This bullshit started because i write extra 2 words we didn't even discussed Subaru-chan lol It's the same with you can't really bring actual proof on Reid not using his sword or Reinhard Begin light dodger which is the main point so it's pointless

about the speed : i missed that part Sorry we have alot of diffrent type of speed attack\reaction\combat\travel sometimes i mixed it Together

Subaru is At least MHS+ for begin Superior to Reinhard < it's always work xD

Even if we have no proof of Reid not using Reid, it just becomes 'Likely MHS' from 'MHS' because we have no proof of the other way around either.

Reid already becomes MHS+ the moment Shaula's attacking range against Subaru in Arc 6 Chapter 12 exceeds 34.3 kilometers. He is capped to MHS because we've decided to ignore Julius' statement.

What Subaru said: About... 10 kilometers?

Where did Subaru learn 10 kilometers: by asking Julius

What Julius said: Several tens of kilometers

The Tower is 600 meters in diameter so it has enough height to give Over-the-Horizon range that far.

Patrasche runs at 100 km/h so we can also corroborate the distance by how long it took them to reach the tower. (though they fell halfway through)

I have pointed out that lightning dodge is likely and waiting to be proven because we already know Reinhard will dodge any lightning, whether by standing still or not; we only need a single statement in the future that he made any sort of movement in reaction to a lightning that he can perceive. Then come the process of determining whether this supernatural lightning has physical properties consistent with a natural one.

To think you wanted Light speed Reinahrd While ago xd but i am fine with Likely "MHS" so i guess i will just add "Likely " to Reinahrd ?

I don't think it's fair to igonre Julius words tho and go by subaru Becasue it will give us Extra speed , so what i need to ask how much diffrent it will make if we go by Julius insted ?

1) If you think Likely MHS is appropriate, then do it.

2) I refuse to give Reinhard Lightspeed because there's too much aim dodging given Al Jiwald's restrictions (you have to cast the spell and wave your hand), and the speed of Sphinx's attacks isn't always consistent. Wilhelm can easily dodge me waving a hand-held laser at him and then kill me, but that doesn't mean he is Lightspeed reactions.

Shaula's homing needles may give a better measurement but translation for that is a looong way off; we also need better translation for this 'speed of light' thing and whether the word usage is repeated.

3) If the ranged value is 10 to 50 kilometers for 'several tens of kilometers' but below a hundred kilometers, the upper value is Mach 1457.73 MHS+.

We had decided not to use Julius' statement because we were not able to determine how many tens of kilometers that would be.

1) "Probably" seems more appropriate since we can't prove whatever Reid used his sword or not and do we really need "High Hypersonic " in Reinhard reaction speed if he already about MHS or you're clac wasn't approved on MHS ?

2) Fair Enough

3) So you're at the lower MHS+ with 1457.73 mach at best if you go by Julius words i guess Probably is more appropriate after all

1) HH is Combat Speed. MHS is Reaction speed. The ranged value is because human eye blink is 0.1-0.4 sec.

There is no probably for VSBattles. And we just know that it's more likely than not that he is not using Reid to bully his own 'girlfriend' (friend who is a girl). Sword Saints using normal swords is normal, Sword Saints using Reid is abnormal, especially over a trivial matter. It's not 50/50 chance, we just don't have the exact evidence to eliminate all certainty.

3) I don't know; if it's 20-30 kilometers it's still only MHS, and will be subject to a lot of scrutiny in the community. And we lack the actual English translation to show this.

If you are doing this for Subaru though, I suggest you just wait for Arc 7 where we have Witches fighting at omfg uberlightspeeds throw lightning at each other gahhh so that Subaru being MHS+ may not seem so overwhelming.

1) I know man what i was saying Reinhard have HS+ to MHS+ reaction speed if shaula already proved without doubt to MHS why Reinahrd have HS+ as reaction speed ? We can just put MHS+

lol yeah i messed up i meant "possibly " , possibly is safer it doesn't take the possibility of his speed we just don't want to be biased

3)I guess going with subaru after all ....

Human eye blink is 0.1-0.4 sec. But, if we assume an average value of 0.25 sec, yes it's above Mach 100 MHS. We can remove HH+ then.

"Possibly" means it is possible but there is no actual calc to support the feat. We do, however, have a calc to prove the numbers.

The word itself also carries a lot of negative connotations implying dubious probability that it may not be taken seriously in a VS Battle.

"Likely"
Should be used to list a hypothetical statistic for a character, but inconclusive due to lack of feats or viable power-scaling. Probability of said hypothetical statistic should be favourable.

When I read Chapter 22, when Subaru asked Shaula "did you kill Reid?"...

Shaula's first reaction was screaming "Kyaaa!!!" and jumped like a monkey to cling onto a suspended platform in the room.

And she trembled like a trapped mouse who saw a bulldog for the first time in its entire life.

When Shaula finally calmed down, she said:

Subaru Sensei is so bad. Sensei very very Saite desu. You just took my innocence desu. You should take responsibility desu.

No particular meaning, just pointing out that's how she reacted.

@Arc 7

It's said so in local community. I don't read/watch RZ in English.

Arc 7 is dedicated to the 7 Witches because it's apparently a good chapter to name/tell the story.

It is also a long way off though, because we aren't even 1/3 of the way through Arc 6 yet...

Seems legit i am gonna remove HS+ and put likely MHS + Then

Wait wtf you didn't read the actual translation 0_o ? Why not ?

It's just Theory then ....

English is not my native language. I don't read hiragana katagana either, but we have the same alphabets as Japanese, so it's easier for me to read than in English. No other particular reason.

@Arc 7

It's taken from Tappei's statement that was then posted on the local community. This is what he said:

Arc 7 (nervousness)

The side of Aldebaran, the infighting caused the instigation of a spy **** in other countries. Notice that the artist's favorite chapter.

Arc 8 (urgency)

Past probably notice **** side.

Arc 9 ( resolution)

The re-emergence of all witches. The name is derived from **** notice will be revealed on.

asterisks are due to poor translation.

Right, so from Arc 9 we'll have all the Witches back at present. It's actually Arc 8 where we'll get told about the past. Arc 7 is about Aldebaran's own past, including why he has his own RbD.

Also, if you make that change, you should also add At Least Massively Hypersonic, Unknow to the Reid version because we know at least that he can definitely perform that feat with the sword.

Done with Reinhard-chan

This seems interesting indeed knowing more about AL and the witches maybe roswaal will meet his beloved Echinda soon

arc 6 to be honest is rather unique you don't have actual villain They just trying to conquer the tower also Subaru dying 4 times in 24 chapter lol thats alot of deaths in short time leading me the arc may not be that long Unless tappei want to kill him like 10 times in this arc xD

Zero when you are making changes to a character also remember to change characters that correspond to them, you changed reinhard but forgot about satella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back