• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Touhou is the primary rain-dodging verse, I believe.
Yes, but I couldn't find anything on the handful of profiles I checked (like 5 or 6)
If I were to word Rain-Dodging in wiki terms, I'd maybe call it "Resistance to Danmaku".
I think that's too standard and doesn't entail the ability to actually ignore reality. People will still ignore it. I'd argue it's closer to limited invulnerability but I'm not sure if there's a better way to go about it.

Yes, but I couldn't find anything on the handful of profiles I checked (like 5 or 6)
Hmm, maybe a Touhou Goon would know more then.

Also, the rain stuff could be handwaved away when it was two statements, but now we have like close to 10 feats and we can't not index it lmao. I'd like to be more positive about it but other users don't seem to be fans of physically impossible feats, in spite of them being both acknowledged as impossible in-verse and yet still performed by transcendents...

I'd like to be more positive about it but other users don't seem to be fans of physically impossible feats, in spite of them being both acknowledged as impossible in-verse and yet still performed by transcendents...
Well they can suck it. If you're going to deny the abilities a character has because you don't like it as a writing decision you don't get to have an opinion on the discussion. That's just how it is 🤷

Yeah it being Literally Physically Impossible is kind of the entire point of why Tappei keeps making his top tiers do it.

Also, Reinhard suggesting flipping Lupugana with a kick is probably an insane feat but it's Garfiel's Dying-Dream Reinhard so it runs into the issue of whether it's an accurate approximation of him (it probably is).

I think that's too standard and doesn't entail the ability to actually ignore reality. People will still ignore it. I'd argue it's closer to limited invulnerability but I'm not sure if there's a better way to go about it.
less limited invuln and more Skill-Based Intangibility (trademarked)
it's not like it's hitting them and doing nothing, it just isn't hitting them at all despite the fact that by all means there should be rain occupying the space where their body is

I don't recall if it was sent here already, but there is a calc of Roswaal J. dodging Jiwald, which is helpful.
To be completely honest, the more I think about this the more I think it is potentially a legitimate feat that isn't far outside of the realm of possibility. I mean, they are very consistently described as being lightning speed or faster. They have to be at least that. This is still a lot faster but not so much that it seems completely outrageous. That's about 28 times lightning speed.

If we have an example of slower characters being lightning speed I would be able to completely get behind it.

it's not like it's hitting them and doing nothing, it just isn't hitting them at all despite the fact that by all means there should be rain occupying the space where their body is
Yeah, this crossed my mind in the past and I do agree this would have been a better way to describe it. It's just that it can't be bypassed by npi so it isn't quite invulnerability or intangibility. I view it as more like a seperate ability with aspects of both. If we could actually list it as "skill based intangibility" that would be good.

Prevasion:

Extraordinary Acrobatics and Limited Elasticity, probably. It may look super dull, but compared to Intangibility and Invulnerability, it's at least a more realistic approach

I still find Tappei's decision to ditch the ""grounded"" battles a bit of a sudden shift in Arc 8, although I really do enjoy the spectacle of it.

I should probably get other Arc 7 & 8 feats calced too, things like Garfiel launching house-cannonballs is easy Class M.

Back