• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
hey I remembered that in arc 3 Subaru breaks Peteguese's nose with a headbutt, in that loop where he accidentally kills Emilia. how exactly would this scale?

I know that the low tier ones will receive updates to their profiles and that specifically Subaru's is very wrong, as he is said to be comparable to the old Rom and literally defeats Chin in arc 5, but the feat of hurting a 7-A It's impressive, isn't it?
Petelgeuse should not have 7-A durability on his profile... at least not without the hands. Why is that there... ?

Petelgeuse should not have 7-A durability on his profile... at least not without the hands. Why is that there... ?
why not? I think he's mid tier even without hands, right? although officially there are different levels in the mid tier, for example AL is considered a second class swordsman and Rowan a first class, I don't think second class ones should scale with first class ones...

oh and apparently AL would die if he fell from the height of a simple house...

why not? I think he's mid tier even without hands, right? although officially there are different levels in the mid tier, for example AL is considered a second class swordsman and Rowan a first class, I don't think second class ones should scale with first class ones...
In terms of magic power? Yeah, he's decent. Physically? No, he's constantly bodied by everyone. Subaru can hurt him. He got chewed to bits by ulgarm. By all measures he is portrayed as being way below the 7-A fighters.
oh and apparently AL would die if he fell from the height of a simple house...
Literally every character would if Tappei is to be believed. It's best to ignore that. Though With Al realistically only being like wall level to small building level it's not as farfetched as when he says that shit about someone like Wilhelm.

In terms of magic power? Yeah, he's decent. Physically? No, he's constantly bodied by everyone. Subaru can hurt him. He got chewed to bits by ulgarm. By all measures he is portrayed as being way below the 7-A fighters.
I think this is more of a thing about his fingers, right? his "original" body, completely adapted to his Od, must be stronger than his fingers.
Literally every character would if Tappei is to be believed. It's best to ignore that. Though With Al realistically only being like wall level to small building level it's not as farfetched as when he says that shit about someone like Wilhelm.
but again I believe there should be another tier between low and mid.

Within the universe we constantly see the terms amateur, second-class fighter, first-class fighter, masters and transcendent.
and it is always said that there is a colossal difference between each of these. I don't think that Al, as a second-rate fighter, should scale with the first-class fighters, but I also don't think he should with the amateurs or non-combatants. maybe just with magic.

I think this is more of a thing about his fingers, right? his "original" body, completely adapted to his Od, must be stronger than his fingers.
Again, that's just not how it's portrayed.
Within the universe we constantly see the terms amateur, second-class fighter, first-class fighter, masters and transcendent.
and it is always said that there is a colossal difference between each of these. I don't think that Al, as a second-rate fighter, should scale with the first-class fighters, but I also don't think he should with the amateurs or non-combatants. maybe just with magic.
Al explicitly and observably scales to Subaru. He can go higher with looping but at that point he's on a whole level above someone like Rem anyway. Al with looping pretty much just gains stats. It's a bit of an odd situation but also one that kinda makes sense when you consider what skill can do in this series.

Al is a bit anomolous. He's supposed to be Just A Guy that even Todd could beat, but he can defeat Second-Class Generals by looping, or even survive encounters with First-Class Generals.

If Petelgeuse's physicals should be way lower than his Unseen Hand then that's fine. Satella's and Sekhmet's physicals should probably be seperated from their current rating too.

Also, it was said that Cecilus used all of his power to thwart Al Shario. It might be over for the Ceci Squad lol

Al explicitly and observably scales to Subaru.
where??
He can go higher with looping but at that point he's on a whole level above someone like Rem anyway. Al with looping pretty much just gains stats. It's a bit of an odd situation but also one that kinda makes sense when you consider what skill can do in this series.
I agree, but I don't know if it's necessarily because of the loops, I think it's more about Al's mentality than anything.

Al is a bit anomolous. He's supposed to be Just A Guy that even Todd could beat, but he can defeat Second-Class Generals by looping, or even survive encounters with First-Class Generals.
fair.

but isn't todd also considered a second-rate fighter??

He went blow for blow with Todd who was held off by kid Subaru. And I'm pretty sure there are tons of statements about him being normal, average, or non-exceptional.
I agree, but I don't know if it's necessarily because of the loops, I think it's more about Al's mentality than anything.
That makes no sense. Even when at his most determined in recent chapters he's still clearly meant to be a weakling who only beat Sphinx because she had already deemed him as not even worth worrying enough about to pay any attention to him.

He went blow for blow with Todd who was held off by kid Subaru. And I'm pretty sure there are tons of statements about him being normal, average, or non-exceptional.
i mean, kid subaru was clearly under the effects of cor leonis, like all the other members of the pleaides, this is confirmed by the amount of abnormal mana he was on.

And what exactly is it to be normal in the world of re:zero? rowan is also called mediocre.
That makes no sense. Even when at his most determined in recent chapters he's still clearly meant to be a weakling who only beat Sphinx because she had already deemed him as not even worth worrying enough about to pay any attention to him.
If you think about how the flow method works, I don't think it's absurd to say that the mental state of whoever is using it affects this. When Al faces a strong enemy he is simply more motivated to survive and break the loop cycles, which thanks to the flow method temporarily improves his physical capabilities to the limit.

I honestly think we have more evidence to say this than thinking that al's authority improves his physical capabilities through loops.

If you think about how the flow method works, I don't think it's absurd to say that the mental state of whoever is using it affects this. When Al faces a strong enemy he is simply more motivated to survive and break the loop cycles, which thanks to the flow method temporarily improves his physical capabilities to the limit.
Except that just doesn't happen. It's simply not something that does. He's still portrayed as a second rate weak fighter no matter who he's up against. Certainly not the divine general level fighter who could beat Elsa fairly easily that his looping makes him out to be.
I honestly think we have more evidence to say this than thinking that al's authority improves his physical capabilities through loops.
It's not that it improves his physical capabilities, it's that that's how Tappei basically treats it. He is able to go up against way stronger opponents because he uses his looping to find the perfect solution. Personally, I just think this should be considered damage reduction and damage boost but it's whatever. Either achieve the same effect.

i mean, kid subaru was clearly under the effects of cor leonis, like all the other members of the pleaides, this is confirmed by the amount of abnormal mana he was on.
Sure he had Mana Excitation, but he was still a child and Todd was beastform iirc.

And what exactly is it to be normal in the world of re:zero? rowan is also called mediocre.
It depends on how you define normal.

If you go by number, most people will be comparable to irl humans.

If you go by strength among warriors, it's like an extreme exponentially increasing graph— at the lower end you have the likes of Todd, at the middle-of-the-road you have the likes of Rem, and at the highest end you have Reinhard.

i mean he killed rowan... with his guard down but still...
Rowan was drunk off his ass and Todd has a DP specifically for sneaking people. Emilia could even impale an off-guard Reinhard.

quick Reminder that Al has canonically blocked attacks from Olbart..the same dude who accidentally vaporized Louis by swinging his arm too hard

we will need an entirely new CRT just dedicated to figuring out what to do with Al at this rate...

Sure he had Mana Excitation, but he was still a child and Todd was beastform iirc.
I honestly think that Cor Leonis's buff is strong enough that it doesn't make a difference whether Subaru is a child or not, at most Subaru's skills were practically zero but he made up for it with everything else.

I mean, as an adult he had barely managed to block Todd's attack, and I remember the narration mentioning that his arms almost broke as a result. and as a child he was relatively okay against a transformed Todd. nothing changes the fact that todd is considered weak but still.

another quick reminder that Subaru is a master acrobat who can pull shit like spiderman swinging with only one whip on a MOVING block of ice (one of the slipperiest thing in the entire world) while holding a fully grown ass woman
subaru profile really needs to be updated...

I honestly think that Cor Leonis's buff is strong enough that it doesn't make a difference whether Subaru is a child or not, at most Subaru's skills were practically zero but he made up for it with everything else.

I mean, as an adult he had barely managed to block Todd's attack, and I remember the narration mentioning that his arms almost broke as a result. and as a child he was relatively okay against a transformed Todd. nothing changes the fact that todd is considered weak but still.
Reminder that Subaru just got back from who knows how long fighting on the gladiator island and we got explicit statements about his skills having improved from his time there.

Reminder that Subaru just got back from who knows how long fighting on the gladiator island and we got explicit statements about his skills having improved from his time there.
I know, I'm just not sure if he was talking about his skill as an adult or after he became a child (which basically went to zero). and honestly he didn't show any feat of skill as absurd as that after the island, at least nothing compared to when he was as an adult. At most I remember him showing some real fighting techniques.

Five trillionth rain-dodging quote;
Countless cracks appeared all over its body and began to glow from within, and in the next moment, a rain of lightーーno, an unavoidable mist of light was released, literally targeting in all directions with no blind spots.

If it were raindrops, there would be the 『Sword Saint』, the 『Blue Lightning』, and the 『Admirer』 who could dodge them.

However, if it turned into mist particles, it would be difficult for even those Transcendent Beings to dodge it. —Arc 8, Chapter 74

More skilled they get, more ridiculous Reid gets.

Speaking of that, Rowan's obsession with Reid is pitiful, guy went to such psychotic lengths to reach the Heavenly Sword, and is still mid.

I am enjoying the arc a lot, think Yorna has gotten in my top 10 female characters from the series. Cecilus has gone from being mid, to being very good.

I thought Cecilus was kind of annoying in Ex4 honestly, but Arc 7 and especially Arc 8 have raised my opinion of him. He's both admirable and a bit insane.

Too late, already got spoiled.

Fortunately, spoilers do nothing to me, more interested in seeing how events happen, the emotions, development etc.

But yea definitely either spoiler tag those comments or delete them, wouldn't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment.

Honestly I'm most worried about Al and Arakiya now.

Schult will be heartbroken, but he'll be ok in the end.

Heinkel will have a bit of a breakdown, but he'll probably join either Anastasia or Emilia Camp to continue his quest for Dragon blood.

Arakiya having a complete meltdown seems relatively likely, whether she falls apart or not mostly relies on Cecilus being a strong enough pillar.

Al... it was the Sun that saved Al from giving up on everything, that allowed him to leave behind life as Aldebaran, the Following Star. I have no idea what exactly being a Following Star entails— given irl stars, it could lead to Al playing a bigger role with Subaru but he'll definitely be more emotionally unstable.

Too late, already got spoiled.

Fortunately, spoilers do nothing to me, more interested in seeing how events happen, the emotions, development etc.

But yea definitely either spoiler tag those comments or delete them, wouldn't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment.
I'm Sorry, I've edited it, I won't repeat it again.

Excellent new pngs on the official Re:Zero site, will put to use.

Volume 16 being a film premiere "Theatrical Malice" is a very interesting choice, amd the fact that it doesn't eat away at the episode count is amazing too.

Back