• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I will have to go with Geo FRA. His hax, invisibility, analytical abilities, among other things are just too hard to get around it seems like.

Yeah, Geo intag is not only different to Rayman NPI, but he also can become more intangible than EM wave ghosts like Crown Thunder
I do want to mention that I think Rayman's NPI can also effect sound waves, since he is able to hit back Mr. Sax's music note attacks . It probably wouldn't change the results, but I just want to give more info on that.

I just checked and I remembered that Geo resist Homing Attacks. Rayman is going to have a hard time hitting an opponent he can't see and is constantly moving around. After Geo sees that one of his strongest moves won't work he would probably rely on using his other hax.

I just checked and I remembered that Geo resist Homing Attacks. Rayman is going to have a hard time hitting an opponent he can't see and is constantly moving around. After Geo sees that one of his strongest moves won't work he would probably rely on using his other hax.
When has he resisted Homing Attacks?

Also, there's a feat of Rayman coming back after getting his body erased from existence.

Here's the proof:

Not sure of the canonicity of that game, but from what you sent, we don't see how Rayman comes back. We see the magician erase him, and two questions later, he's just back. For all we know, the magician brought him back.

Not sure of the canonicity of that game, but from what you sent, we don't see how Rayman comes back. We see the magician erase him, and two questions later, he's just back. For all we know, the magician brought him back.
I don't think Rayman has any particular canon, and it doesn't contradict anything in the plot.

I doubt that's the case. They didn't show the Magician bring him back which they do show at the end.

I don't think Rayman has any particular canon, and it doesn't contradict anything in the plot.
I don't know a whole lot about the games besides the few I own, so I'll take your word on this. Though a child's word game being canon does seem dubious.
I doubt that's the case. They didn't show the Magician bring him back which they do show at the end.
They didn't show him coming back either. I would say Occam's razor dismisses the idea of him reviving from it as it requires more assumptions than assuming he was brought back by his own doing.

*Scenario 1: Brought back by Magician
1. Brought back by magic (It seemed to be the Magician who ordered him to be erased to begin with?)

*Scenario 2: Brought back via Ressurection
1. Rayman has better resurrection than he's ever shown to have
2. He brings himself back to life

I also can't recall if it was answered, but is Rayman's resurrection a canonical thing, or just gameplay mechanics?

They didn't show him coming back either. I would say Occam's razor dismisses the idea of him reviving from it as it requires more assumptions than assuming he was brought back by his own doing.

*Scenario 1: Brought back by Magician
1. Brought back by magic (It seemed to be the Magician who ordered him to be erased to begin with?)

*Scenario 2: Brought back via Resurrection
1. Rayman has better resurrection than he's ever shown to have
2. He brings himself back to life

I also can't recall if it was answered, but is Rayman's resurrection a canonical thing, or just gameplay mechanics?
Scenario 1 doesn't make any sense as we've never seen the Magician have an ability like that. And even if Scenario 2 is correct and Rayman has better resurrection, that would still mean he could come back from Geo's laser.

Scenario 1 doesn't make any sense as we've never seen the Magician have an ability like that. And even if Scenario 2 is correct and Rayman has better resurrection, that would still mean he could come back from Geo's laser.
We've also never seen Rayman resurrect at such a level. I'm far more inclined to believe it was via magic given he was still actually there to do so and has demonstrated magic such as transmutation in the past. It also happened off-screen, so it's not like we can confirm he did so. I think it takes fewer assumptions to conclude the Magician brought him back via magic.

You also didn't answer my last question. Is it established in the lore that Rayman can resurrect himself, or is that only a gameplay mechanic?

We've also never seen Rayman resurrect at such a level. I'm far more inclined to believe it was via magic given he was still actually there to do so and has demonstrated magic such as transmutation in the past. It also happened off-screen, so it's not like we can confirm he did so. I think it takes fewer assumptions to conclude the Magician brought him back via magic.

You also didn't answer my last question. Is it established in the lore that Rayman can resurrect himself, or is that only a gameplay mechanic?
Transmutation and resurrection are two entirely different abilities. If we've never seen the Magician do anything like that ever in the series, then it'd be more of an assumption to assume the Magician brought him back. Also, I wasn't saying this was resurrection, but rather Low-Godly regeneration.

Like almost every video game series, power-ups aren't really mentioned in the lore.

Transmutation and resurrection are two entirely different abilities. If we've never seen the Magician do anything like that ever in the series, then it'd be more of an assumption to assume the Magician brought him back. Also, I wasn't saying this was resurrection, but rather Low-Godly regeneration.
I am aware they're two different things. It was to point out that the Magician is clearly capable of magic. Apologies for the confusion regarding that.

Either way, weird to assume Low-Godly regeneration as well given he's never showcased that at any point ever anywhere else throughout the series.
Like almost every video game series, power-ups aren't really mentioned in the lore.
Game mechanics and power-ups are different. All (Most anyways) video games give you an extra life if you die, or infinite retry's. As far as I'm aware, the wiki doesn't say every videogame character has Ressurection via extra lives or characters being able to infinitely retry. Unless of course, it's established within the story, like in Undertale.

I am aware they're two different things. It was to point out that the Magician is clearly capable of magic. Apologies for the confusion regarding that.
If we're to follow the timeline of Rayman games, then the Magician wasn't capable of magic at that time. It was only until Rayman Legends (which takes place 100 years later) that the Magician was shown to be able to use magic.
Either way, weird to assume Low-Godly regeneration as well given he's never showcased that at any point ever anywhere else throughout the series.
Rayman's rarely ever shown Mid-High regeneration yet we still accept so I don't see why we can't do the same here.
Game mechanics and power-ups are different. All (Most anyways) video games give you an extra life if you die, or infinite retry's. As far as I'm aware, the wiki doesn't say every videogame character has Ressurection via extra lives or characters being able to infinitely retry. Unless of course, it's established within the story, like in Undertale.
It's a power-up you can obtain like the rest of the gadgets in Fiesta Run so I wouldn't consider it a game mechanic.

If we're to follow the timeline of Rayman games, then the Magician wasn't capable of magic at that time. It was only until Rayman Legends (which takes place 100 years later) that the Magician was shown to be able to use magic.
I’m sorry, but this is a bit of a weird take. Off the top of my head The Magician teleported Rayman to bonus levels in Rayman 1 and seemed to cast a spell to turn himself invisible in Rayman Activity Center, unless you’re arguing this is not magic.

Also, the Magician wouldn’t have resurrected Rayman because he was secretly evil

Last edited:
I’m sorry, but this is a bit of a weird take. Off the top of my head The Magician teleported Rayman to bonus levels in Rayman 1 and seemed to cast a spell to turn himself invisible in Rayman Activity Center, unless you’re arguing this is not magic.
Well, for the bonus level, I'm a bit iffy on that. It's never shown that the Magician teleports him there. Rayman just enters the level like he does with every level in the game. Also, you could argue that the Magician having magic is retconned in Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back