• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This match was conducted with the most up to date information on all Mega Man profiles instead of OVER-1's outdated page, which is simply all of them put together into one character, OVER-1, any major updates to OVER-1's profile in the near future should not affect this match

A continuation from our previous Mega Man vs Gunvolt thread, this time, we're going to use the strongest characters (literally composite ASG vs composite Mega Man) of the franchises, no holding back.
Gunvolt_GV3.png
Over-10.png
Astral Order Gunvolt:
Inconclusive: Smashtwig, Soul, Migue, HyperNep, Peppersalt, Popted2, XMark12, Bob, SonicBayo, GreatSage​

Rules:
In-Character

OVER-1 with OVER-10 Armor and all Battle Memory Chips, including Mega Man Zero’s, Omega’s, MegaMan.EXE's, and Star Force's

Gunvolt with full control over Astral Order (commonly referred to as "Moebius-Gunvolt"

10 Meters Apart

Speed NOT Equalized (Will make speed equalized if needed to not make the match a stomp)

No Prep-Time nor Prior Knowledge (Will give both 1 second of Prep-Time if needed to not make the match a stomp)

Some Notes:

First off, Astral Order is passive, and kills instantly (no matter their sheer strength), for any questions, please see this guide- what you need to know is that Moebius instinctively uses Astral Order to change the future as soon as he started to wake up, and when Astral Order was used as an SP Skill, the context is that Gunvolt was actively trying to prevent Moebius from doing so, just after GV and Kirin stopped Moebius from using Astral Order the first time (AO turned a room of Sunrise Palace into this strange space, and when the first phase was defeated, it turned back into Sunrise Palace)- and the same reasoning can be applied to the instant killing effect- for reasons also stated in the guide. Even if is ruled that isn't passive- Gunvolt can see infinite futures where... OVER-1 actually wins- and use it right away. There's also the hacking from Dragon Radiation but I think that won't matter.

And yes OVER-1 CAN WIN. I'll explain in my argument down below for that.

And I am also aware of recent Mega Man additions for Transmutation and Higher D BFR, which I will also address in my argument.

OVER-1

Pros:

Massive Speed Advantage- possibly offsetting the Passive Nature of Astral Order by timing it with Prep-Time

Can actually pull off a W with Giga-Freeze

Precog, so he can time Giga-Freeze just as Gunvolt appears.

Cons:

Pretty much instantly loses as soon as Gunvolt exists in the same place as he would.

Cannot Kill GV, not even with Time Stop attacks- as he somehow Prevades them AFTER the attacks land during Time Stop and take no damage.

BFR also doesn't work, because... Gunvolt somehow Prevades that too

Moebius-Gunvolt

Pros:

Instant win button

Cannot die, Prevasion is BS

Cons:

Way slower

Last edited:
Alright, I'll go first. I'm going to make this clear.

This fight can go either way or rather- a tie. I am actually serious.

First off, let's go over Prevasion- I'll post my usual Copypasta

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns users into electrons. It costs part of a character specific resource (EP, Bullits, Talismans). So long as the user has their required resource, they've already "dodged" the attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, users are practically unhittable. As for the resource, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by the user. If one chooses the latter, all of the required resource is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and users can stall out anyone if they really wanted to (the games even call them "pseudo invincible" and even Matt in a interview just called you invincible). In character most users want to keep their resources topped and will always try to restore their resource, and they can become intangible even while restoring
~ Smashtwig's Prevasion Copypasta

In Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 & 2: When he is out of EP, Gunvolt goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack. However, in character, Gunvolt tries to keep his EP at full at all times via instant recharge and Split Second if needed, the both being spammable.
In Azure Striker Gunvolt 3, he gets even more things he can Prevade, such as Soul / Time / Space / Death / Concept killing attacks (Seven Slashes and Zero Blade), 2-A Existence Erasure and BFR (Damnatio Memorie), 2-A Power Nullification and Stats Reduction (Greed Snatcher), and Prevasion is overall a 2-A / Multiversal ability, since attacks that normally can bypass Prevasion such as Damnatio Memorie going through Kirin's cannot pierce Gunvolt in Gunvolt 3's. In addition in Gunvolt 3, Gunvolt doesn't need to recharge anymore, at all, as "EP" not only doesn't exist, but is infinite

I've searched everywhere, and I do mean everywhere on Mega Man VS Profiles for any way OVER-1 to win without the one victory condition I can think of, and not many not only get through Prevasion, but also get past Gunvolt's Mid-G Regeneration (which no, the Dark Elf will not be able to negate, since it's an extremely high-end Mid-G Regen, that simply nulling more than destroying the soul will not be enough, as it can work on EE on a 2-A Scale, as well as the conceptual destruction of time, space, and soul)- as well as certain resistances that cover the rest of the hax.

In addition, now that Prevasion is 2-A due to Prevading Damnatio Memorie which other Prevasions can't, pretty much anything from the robot timeline probably won't work- which is why Zero couldn't deal with Moebius-Gunvolt last time

But, I'll list everything I've compiled so far, if there is anything I am missing, please let me know

Prevasion
  1. Higher D (4D) BFR (Yes, this happens, GV Prevades Damnatio Memorie and only gets BFRed when certain Image Pulses are equipped, and even if it doesn’t work, Kirin and GV get out of the BFR after being sent there anyways)
  2. Time, Space, and Soul Existence Erasure’d / Killed (Death Manip) on a Conceptual Level
  3. Power Nullification (2-A, Prevaded Greed Snatcher which can null Astral Order and literally any other form of Prevasion)- so EXE's Uninstall isn't gonna work
  4. Existence Erasure (2-A, Prevaded Damnatio Memorie)- I doubt it matters what the nature of EE Exe's even is, Info manip, or whatever when the end result is still "the guy gets EE'd", plus, Moebius is far more powerful than Teseo who's information can rewrite reality (and therefore essentially do the same thing)
  5. Life Absorption Swords (EXEs and Star Force’s effects won’t even matter if they’re Prevaded)
  6. Electron Hitting Attacks (Doesn’t work, attacks that have went through Prevasion before such as Phosphatorium and Voltaic Chains, which would obviously have NPI due to going Prevasion, are now just Prevaded anyways in GV3
  7. Intangibility Negation: Layered, attacks that typically go through normal Prevasion users such as Kirin's (who is also layered on top of GV1 GV's) such as Damnatio Memorie (2-A) are completely Prevaded by GV
  8. Any attack (it’s still elemental electron intangibility, and any attack in general, even back in GV1, isn’t gonna work- INTI specifically made Prevasion to make even casual players able to beat the game, and the game actually straight up says GV is invincible if Prevasion is available)
  9. Time Stop: Time Stop technically does work, however, the attacks and their effect are straight up Prevaded after it wears off, dealing no damage to GV- GV somehow Prevades damage… AFTER it’s been dealt.
  10. Black Holes / Void (BFR and Spacetime (and therefore gravity) are already covered- by proxy, this would be too). Void / EE was already covered
  11. Poison and Hypnosis/Brainwashing (Resisted)
  12. Wing Blade (Gunvolt’s Prevasion is a 2-A ability that Prevades attacks that goes through Prevasion, probably won’t work)
  13. Radiation (Gunvolt easily Prevades Zed's nuclear fire)
  14. Dread Laser, even if layered will probably also not work due to how broken 4D Prevasion is, Gunvolt can turn into data and EM Waves himself
  15. Time Travel: Bro can literally Prevade his past and every possible other past (2-A) that leads him to a point of time, being completely and utterly erased by Damnatio Memoire
Mid-G Regeneration
  1. Dying to any of the above aside from BFR I guess
  2. Mid-G Negation: The Mother Elf was able to erase the Sigma Virus, which is basically a soul- which is pretty much Baseline Mid-G- in which would not be enough to negate GV’s Mid-G, who can let Kirin survive 2-A EE, and Conceptual Time, Space, and Soul hax
  3. Anything that manages to actually kill him through Prevasion, for example if Dread Laser or Data Trasnmutation were to theoretically work, Anthem would ressurect GV as being turned into data counts as "death" to GV- then being ressurected by Anthem. Be aware that even Moebius's Damnatio Memorie couldn't deal with this either, I really doubt Transmutation would be superior to EE in anyway like that
Resistances and others that may or may not be relevant
  1. Mettaur (Cyber Elves), Cyber Elf (Dark Elf), and EM / Data Transmutation (Dread Laser). Gunvolt resisted becoming a helpless dog by going into Anthem, as well- he goes in and out of being electrons (what Cyber Elves are composed of) via Prevasion all the time, and turning into Radio Waves / Data and back as shown in the Missile’s Stage Briefing in GV3 (JP). However, perhaps Transmutation into inanimate objects could work (thanks to some Classic Mega Man additions), although some may not work on bosses. At this point, GV should be better than Teseo at turning into electronic data (where it can be translated into Radio Waves, they swap Electricity, Electronic Data, and Radio Waves in the same scene), so this ability could also be layered
  2. Sealing 2-A (even as a Primal Dragon, resisted Kirin’s Fetters to the point where she needed to weaken him first, her Fetters being superior to the Glaives holding him- Moebius completely negged her Fetters once he was awakened, although his 2-A Astral Order was sealed by Glaives, it was just because he was asleep). Physical sealing won’t work due to teleportation.
  3. Petrification, previously in GV1&2, it’d turn him to stone and he breaks out… in GV3 it just… doesn’t work.
  4. Below Absolute Zero that surpasses thermodynamics itself
  5. Corruption / Insanity and Sleep?: perhaps it can work on GV, but then Moebius would step in (they share the body), it’s instincts just telling him to just Astral Order, it’s a baby so it’d probably instantly do that in a panic. The former by Noise would probably only make Astral Order worse- when MGV went mad Gunvolt was literally trying to prevent Moebius FROM USING ASTRAL ORDER, so making MGV going mad would change nothing but guaranteeing that Astral Order goes off (even if you decide to ignore that it's passive)
  6. Radiation (Noise in this case): Zed created a sun literally just a few meters above Gunvolt in his first appearance- with Nuclear Fusion as his primary ability, and Gunvolt doesn't mind it even a bit
  7. Data Manip: Transforming data into other data won’t help against a flesh and blood person, even so, GV can transform into and back from data too- even if it did work, it would be treated as Gunvolt “dying” as Teseo can do that if he digitizes Gunvolt, and then GV can ressurect from that
  8. Damage Transfering Astral Order. GV can simply wield Fate to not choose the future where this happens

Also, new developments such as potential 2-B Mega Man, 1-Ups being canon, doesn't exactly matter here since it doesn't really change any results

I've looked through Geo's and the Noise page over and over too, and nothing gets past Prevasion or Anthem's Regeneration. Noise Hax included. I have found zero things in that category that can kill Gunvolt- even BFR, Madness/Corruption, Sealing/BFR, Physics Manip / Numbing, Data, and Radiation can’t do much due to Prevasion- Acceleration of Astral Order from going mad, Resistance, Astral Order, not being a data being, and Mid-G Regen respectively. So yes Geo gets cooked too.

In addition to Gunvolt having an instant win button in Astral Order in addition to Gunvolt having 2-A Precog, things are looking a little grim for OVER-1

However...

OVER-1 DOES have a win condition

Giga-Freeze

Isn't that Time Stop? Gunvolt Prevades through that right?

Not exactly.

Gunvolt is frozen in time, and Prevades the DAMAGE of Time Stop- he is still frozen in time.

What Giga-Freeze does, doesn't even stop "time", it just freezes the program that the people are in, forever. So OVER-1 CAN put Gunvolt into stasis forever as soon as Gunvolt comes into the battlefield, and with Precog- he'd know that Gunvolt's nothing to mess with.

Do I think this will happen? Yes, and if not, Prep-Time and Prior Knowledge would allow for this to not be stop, as with OVER-1's Speed Advantage + Precog, he can time when Gunvolt arrives in the same place he is so that he can use Giga-Freeze at the same time Gunvolt uses Astral Order, causing both to essentially lose, with Gunvolt incapacitated forever, and OVER-1 likely... dead- but in SBA, that still counts as a double kill

Inconclusive FRA (yes OPs can vote)

Note: This argument has been constructed with the most up to date information available (I'm in the Mega Man server, so I'm pretty much aware of all new updates and constantly check to make sure it does not change outcomes of this match- I used the entirety of all up to date Mega Man profiles (that would composite into OVER-1), instead of OVER's outdated profile itself)

Last edited:
Giga Freeze also can manipulate space too as it essentially erased/sealed away the Dark Dimension in the manga when Colonel.EXE used it on the Darkloids.

But yeah incon FRA

Also, when did Gunvolt became busted?

Giga Freeze also can manipulate space too as it essentially erased/sealed away the Dark Dimension in the manga when Colonel.EXE used it on the Darkloids.

But yeah incon FRA

Also, when did Gunvolt became busted?
When Tsuda literally said to the team in an interview

"Yeah guys so people thought that Copen was stronger than GV in ASG2"

"Not anymore"

The developers reason for making Gunvolt so broken is that they were upset that Copen was perceived to be stronger than him at the end of Gunvolt 2

It has come to my attention that Kirin has time stop resistance from her canonical Boss Fight in iX2 (will make a CRT at some point)- where Cryo Flash's time stop does absolutely JACK SHIT to her.

I'm putting this here ahead of time.

If there's something Kirin can resist- typically, Gunvolt can to- that's the trend. However, I also feel like it doesn't affect this match for a few reasons
  • Technically, Gunvolt himself hasn't shown the feat- so we can't really say anything about if he can or cannot resist it.
  • Even if he did, OVER-1's Time Stops (Giga Freeze in particular) are Layered from both timelines, (in EXE's case, Gigafreeze outclasses his GigaCards and Star Force's own Time Stops)- thus even if Kirin's resistance of Cryo Flash applies to Gunvolt, it doesn't really matter since Cryo Flash is not layered.
    • One could even argue that since OVER-1's a Mega Man composite, that these layers stack from both timelines
    • The fact that Kirin cannot resist Cryo Flash's Time Slow also does not do her any favors at all
  • As well, I feel like Giga Freeze doesn't really perfectly qualify as "Time Stop" at all, rather some vague form of paralysis. All it says is that it "freezes a program" (in OVER-1's case, as a robot fighting other robots, would also affect other physical beings like Gunvolt would be)- which can be interpreted as "freeze absolutely everything about a thing", which Gunvolt hasn't shown to do to be honest.

He also has Zero's two different forms of Time Stop which are also Layered as well.
The thing is with those is that they don't last indefinitely, remember that after the Time Stop wears off Gunvolt just somehow Prevades all of the damage dealt to him, it's gotta last infinitely.

However we could still argue to adds to the layers of Giga-Freeze as an argument

Last edited:
Back